• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus warning email

I don't where you're getting that from. The email only says " if you have been to mainland China in the two weeks prior to this email". Nothing about being in America with the virus.
Any guest or crew member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of their sailing's departure will not be able to board our ships.
This is my interpretation of the communication, anyone wh
I don't where you're getting that from. The email only says " if you have been to mainland China in the two weeks prior to this email". Nothing about being in America with the virus.
Where I'm getting that from is my interpretation of the email. They don't want someone from those locations on the ship because of the increased probability they have the virus. Given the progression of the pandemic, the specified locations are now moot? The virus is stateside now, which makes me think they won't want stateside residents on the ship?

I listened to a Cruise Radio podcast this morning and they give me the impression the issue is much more complex/nuanced, so I am more aware my interpretation is uninformed and I am uneducated on these issues.

Any guest or crew member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of their sailing's departure will not be able to board our ships.
This is my interpretation of the communication, anyone wh

Where I'm getting that from is my interpretation of the email. They don't want someone from those locations on the ship because of the increased probability they have the virus. Given the progression of the pandemic, the specified locations are now moot? The virus is stateside now, which makes me think they won't want stateside residents on the ship?

I listened to a Cruise Radio podcast this morning and they give me the impression the issue is much more complex/nuanced, so I am more aware my interpretation is uninformed and I am uneducated on these issues.
If the email to passengers only specifies mainland China, I'd expect it to mean just that. Mainland China. Not islands or other countries.

That can change. If it does I'd expect to receive an updated email outlining which regions have been added.

That can change. If it does I'd expect to receive an updated email outlining which regions have been added.

This thread was started on Jan. 31st. The email letter from DCL as referenced in the first post has been updated at least a couple of times since then. The most recent letter from DCL is being discussed on this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/update-from-dcl.3794276/

Given the progression of the pandemic, the specified locations are now moot? The virus is stateside now, which makes me think they won't want stateside residents on the ship?
No, DCL is not restricting US residents unless they have travel to/through/from one of the noted countries or otherwise potentially been exposed to the virus. Correct this could change, but at the moment no restriction based on US residence.

As mentioned above, there is a more current thread discussing the most current version of the DCL notice: https://www.disboards.com/threads/update-from-dcl.3794276/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter