• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus warning email

xiphoid76

DIS Veteran
Just got an email from DCL - if you have been to mainland China in the two weeks prior to this email you will not be able to sail on your upcoming cruise - ours is on Feb 14th in the Dream. They are offering full refunds for those who have been to China.

They are really trying to prevent any outbreak on the cruise.

From ABC News:

U.S. citizens returning from Hubei province in the previous 14 days will be subject to up to a 14-day quarantine. Foreign nationals, other than immediate family members of U.S. citizens, who have traveled to China in the previous 14 days will be denied entry into the country. The temporary measures take effect Feb. 2 at 5 p.m.

Americans who've traveled to other parts of China in the previous 14 days will be subject to a health screening upon entry and asked to self-quarantine for up to 14 days.

The above kinda makes DCL's directive moot.

I very much appreciate the restrictions....but...how will they know if someone has been to mainland China? It sounds good, but I think it's unenforceable.

I very much appreciate the restrictions....but...how will they know if someone has been to mainland China? It sounds good, but I think it's unenforceable.

Stamps in Passports/Visas would be the only way but even then not everyone gets their passports stamped based on their citizenship so not overly helpful.

Stamps in Passports/Visas would be the only way but even then not everyone gets their passports stamped based on their citizenship so not overly helpful.
Right. That's what I meant. I really am happy for the policy, but ??? Maybe because now the Government has imposed a 14 day quarantine upon return from China, this would keep someone from being able to board having returned "2 weeks before".

Just got an email from DCL - if you have been to mainland China in the two weeks prior to this email you will not be able to sail on your upcoming cruise - ours is on Feb 14th in the Dream. They are offering full refunds for those who have been to China.

They are really trying to prevent any outbreak on the cruise.
We are traveling on the Wonder out of San Diego at the end of March. My interpretation of their email, now that the virus is in America, is that we won't be going on the cruise. Thoughts/reactions?

We are traveling on the Wonder out of San Diego at the end of March. My interpretation of their email, now that the virus is in America, is that we won't be going on the cruise. Thoughts/reactions?
I don't where you're getting that from. The email only says " if you have been to mainland China in the two weeks prior to this email". Nothing about being in America with the virus.

And someone can leave their China stamped passport home and use their birth certificate for a closed loop cruise.

Passport stamps and the govt knows where you travelled. Every ship is cleared prior to you boarding. That's why you cant book a cruise the same day as departure.

Passport stamps and the govt knows where you travelled. Every ship is cleared prior to you boarding. That's why you cant book a cruise the same day as departure.
Exactly. But, IMO, most people who have a passport will use it for travel. But there's always a way to buck the system.
Even if you dont use a passport a background is done on you prior to embarkation.

My passport only has one stamp to the Grand Cayman, when we went twice. I have yet to figure that out. If it could happen with us not receiving proper stamps as to where and the number of visits, it could happen with others too.

Even if you dont use a passport a background is done on you prior to embarkation.
Like I said, I am VERY HAPPY for the restrictions. Obviously, I'm hoping this "thing" dies when the weather gets warmer, but who knows.... I just hope that the restrictions and background checks are thorough to the point of preventing the spread of infection to the masses.

And someone can leave their China stamped passport home and use their birth certificate for a closed loop cruise.
If that someone has a US birth certificate, it is kind of unlikely for that person to have a Chinese passport, isn’t it?

My passport only has one stamp to the Grand Cayman, when we went twice. I have yet to figure that out. If it could happen with us not receiving proper stamps as to where and the number of visits, it could happen with others too.
Not all ports stamp passports. It's hit or miss in most cases, unless you specifically seek them out.

Now, travel to China, not so much. Everyone is checked coming in and going out (well, US citizens anyway).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter