Coronavirus = Big Discounts

Dpflake

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else hoping that Disney will offer additional discounts to get people to book trips to Disney World because so many people might cancel their upcoming trips? So far, my outgoing Southwest flight has decreased $40 per ticket and my ticket home has decreased by $14 per ticket. I was already able to take advantage of the % off hotel rates. It would be nice to get additional discounts. Possible free dining??

I don't foresee much being offered through Disney directly, at least not that is widely available to the public. They seem to want to protect their pricing. However, I hear that deals can be found at Disney owned properties on sites like Hotwire and Priceline. Also there are some DVC rental posts at steep discounts on this forum and I have seen some flash sales on other DVC rental websites.

I'm going to watch. I wasn't planning a Disney trip, but if prices go way down I could be convinced. However, I really doubt they will do that. If they offer too many sales now, it will be harder to go back to regular pricing when this all settles out.

I was actually thinking of adding a day to our trip starting next week, but the prices for resorts are still sky-high. In an informal poll of co-workers, I have not heard of anyone cancelling their Spring Break plans for next week or the week after. The only thing we have seen a reduction in is our SW flight so far.

I rented out DVC points for 2 weeks in April and May long before coronavirus was an item. Part of me is hoping they cancel the trip because I will go in a heartbeat. Is that wrong?

I would hate to count on something ( discount) happening at the expense ( VIRUS) of humanity suffering.
This is unprecedented and the economic recovery remains to be seen. This is affecting so many facets. Time will tell, but I think having the Parks and Resorts full is always the ultimate goal.

I'm honestly worried about the flip of this. We go in May and I'm afraid it will be busier from those that are pushing back their trips...Hopefully that's early enough that it won't bit I do think this could be an issue.

I have a trip booked for May, and am going forward as if it will happen. Yesterday the rates for rental cars finally dropped quite a bit.

Im not sure if this particular event will translate into discounts. The parks are completely closed right now. When they reopen, I think there will be pent-up demand from folks who had to reschedule their trips or locals with AP's. I am sure that as long as the resort hotels are open there will be steep discounts while the parks are closed. If you are a resort only person and aren't concerned about getting sick I bet you could find some incredible priceline deals. But Disney might also close several hotels to reduce staffing needs and protect their employees. Im not sure how magical the hotels will be right now with this thing spreading either.

Last edited:
I had a reservation for next month with a past guest promo code. I checked yesterday and either the prices dropped or people were canceling because I’m changing my resort and savings about $200 now.

Yes we repriced our car rental for April 29th to May 11th as the price dropped a fair bit, I am just not sure if we will be able to go, seems like things will still be a mess.

I had a reservation for next month with a past guest promo code. I checked yesterday and either the prices dropped or people were canceling because I’m changing my resort and savings about $200 now.

For April? At WDW? Maybe I’m wrong, but I truly doubt they will be re-opened by then

I was toying around with flights last night - I can book BWI to RSW - thinking of visiting my folks in Ft. Myers - for a total of $390 r/t for 2 of us.
Tempting....
We are hoping for some decent deals on our next river cruise!

For April? At WDW? Maybe I’m wrong, but I truly doubt they will be re-opened by then
Unfortunately, it looks that way now. We have started looking at fall now which would save even more now. I wonder if Disney will release promos for fall in a couple months. Don't those usually come out at the beginning of summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter