• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronavirus and Anxiety

I don’t know....

All these closings & cancellations are really making me really sad, for some reason.

Our older kids’ college is going to online instruction following Spring Break. Our local county schools have closed through 3/30, & we followed suit w/ our homeschool co-op. Plus, there are all the non-school related closures & cancellations.

I’m an introvert, so I should be happy about the chance for us all to be home.

But, for some reason, I just feel sad... it’s a weird feeling... like it’s the beginning of the end.. what if things never return to normal? I‘m part of the administration for our homeschool co-op, & I got a little teary when I posted the closed notice.
Things will go back. This isn't end of days. Just think of it as the whole group trying to save each other. There ways to help in the neighborhood woth possible pitch in childcare, food banks, errand runs and ways to show how community comes together. People (not you) are pissy about this because unprecedented but people complain about anything out ordinary and out of routine. Look at people during hurricane season and how they respond or act.

But, for some reason, I just feel sad... it’s a weird feeling... like it’s the beginning of the end.. what if things never return to normal? I‘m part of the administration for our homeschool co-op, & I got a little teary when I posted the closed notice.

That's how I'm feeling. Spring Break trips, championship sports, possibly graduation and proms! I'm especially sad about the Disneyland closure. Makes me weepy just thinking about it. Hopefully we're doing a good job "flattening the curve" and things do return to normal relatively soon.

That's how I'm feeling. Spring Break trips, championship sports, possibly graduation and proms! I'm especially sad about the Disneyland closure. Makes me weepy just thinking about it. Hopefully we're doing a good job "flattening the curve" and things do return to normal relatively soon.

Yes! I just told both of our older kids earlier this afternoon that I was thankful that neither of them were involved in any proms this year & neither are high school or college seniors this year.

But I do believe what we’re doing will flatten the curve. I’m just praying we can all return to normal soon... and I know that I’m going to have a far greater appreciation for “normal“.

Things will go back. This isn't end of days. Just think of it as the whole group trying to save each other. There ways to help in the neighborhood woth possible pitch in childcare, food banks, errand runs and ways to show how community comes together. People (not you) are pissy about this because unprecedented but people complain about anything out ordinary and out of routine. Look at people during hurricane season and how they respond or act.

I know... And I’m trying to remember these things.

I don’t mind the cancellations & closures, because I do feel this is our way to flatten curve & help protect our medically fragile & elderly populations.

The “good” in us has always far outweighed the “bad” in us. So America will pull through.

I’m just feeling sad, for some reason.

I don’t mind the cancellations & closures, because I do feel this is our way to flatten curve & help protect our medically fragile & elderly populations.

The “good” in us has always far outweighed the “bad” in us. So America will pull through.

Oh, i have the not good butterflies in my stomach going on. Just TOO MUCH right now. I told friend of mine this is like watching last season Game of Thrones you dread it, know it happening but can't stop watching or look away.
Spring is supposed to be fun and uplifting. I'm hoping personally that by Easter we all can have some big celebrations and outside enjoy the world.

It can also be a turning point, where we realize a lot of the cans we kicked down the road, can't be kicked anymore. Not taking more decisive action on a whole list of subjects and ultimately being unprepared for this will hurt, but if we can learn from it. Things like paid sick leave, work from home policies, technology availability and recognition that sometimes it DOES take a village and it shouldn't simply be survival of the fittest, dog eat dog, etc.

I agree with what @hopemax and the other posters said about it being a turning point and such. And you're feeling sad for good, valid reasons. It's okay to feel sad, and scared, overwhelmed etc. - at least in my opinion. But identifying and acknowledging the issues are the beginning of the path to the solution. And like you said, slowing things down to flatten the curve to help the vulnerable in our community, and to help our health professionals be able to properly treat people. There are definitely going to be losses, but things will return to normalcy. I'm trying to remain realistic but optimistic. And I have my Disney candle lit for good measure to improve my mood!

I made a quick trip to BJ's. It was apocalyptic. But they had plenty of beer and wine so it was a successful trip. :) The checkout line went 3/4 of the way to the back of the store. And this was at 2PM.
DH just said earlier today forget TP, he needs to stock up on beer!

Just got notified today from the kids schools - local university is going online only for everything except some lab and art classes by the end of next week. The K-12 schools are canceling events and competitions - no science fair, no awards assemblies, no field trips, no sports, no concerts. Meanwhile they all eat lunch together in the cafeteria and sit in overcrowded classrooms all day. I know they are trying to limit the amount of additional people (parents) on campus, but honestly if the parent has it the kid does too. Also our sheriff department announced they would not respond in person to any calls that are not life-threatening and not in progress. They will handle those over the phone only.

I don’t know....

All these closings & cancellations are really making me really sad, for some reason.

Our older kids’ college is going to online instruction following Spring Break. Our local county schools have closed through 3/30, & we followed suit w/ our homeschool co-op. Plus, there are all the non-school related closures & cancellations.

I’m an introvert, so I should be happy about the chance for us all to be home.

I feel the same way. I direct the musical at our Junior High (7th and 8th grade.) Our kids have worked SO hard. The production staff has worked SO hard and we’re supposed to open March 20th. I’m ONE week away from the finish line. I haven’t received word yet that it’s been cancelled, but after all the cancellations everywhere else, I’m preparing to hear those words. My daughter is a senior. Her production is supposed to go up March 27th. She’s one of the leads. My heart breaks for her even more. They may TRY to postpone, but who knows if they’ll be able to. May and June are testing months for high schools.
It’s lacrosse season. All three of my kids have been waiting for their spring sports to start and here we are. Seasons are ending before they even have a chance to begin.
I just took my daughter in for her prom dress fitting. I’m hopeful it will happen by the time we get to June, but who knows where we’ll still be with this virus.
It IS sad. I’m not saying it isn’t necessary, but we don’t get these days or memories back and it IS sad.:sad1:

I’m in western washington state and they just announced that schools in 3 of our counties are to be closed for the next 6 weeks!:crazy2: Heaven help and preserve us all. I feel so sorry for all the trips and lives that are being effected and really hope this goes away soon. My elderly Mum lives with me and my 22 year old DD I have so much anxiety...deep breath. It’s really a sad thing and expensive too come to think of it, that I have been watching QVC just to not hear about the virus.:rotfl2:

Spring is supposed to be fun and uplifting. I'm hoping personally that by Easter we all can have some big celebrations and outside enjoy the world.

Luckily we have a good size yard ... being outside and seeing the tree buds, pulling weeds, watching birds at the feeder, preparing the soil for our garden, and seeing the vegetable seeds I planted starting to sprout are some of the best ways I've found to distract myself from the current situation. Being out in nature is good for my mind. If you are able to get outside, you might find spring can still be fun and uplifting.

I'm also busying myself getting ready to do some Easter crafts with the kids. We were supposed to be traveling over Easter so we weren't really going to do much, but now things have changed.

Luckily we have a good size yard ... being outside and seeing the tree buds, pulling weeds, watching birds at the feeder, preparing the soil for our garden, and seeing the vegetable seeds I planted starting to sprout are some of the best ways I've found to distract myself from the current situation. Being out in nature is good for my mind. If you are able to get outside, you might find spring can still be fun and uplifting.

I'm also busying myself getting ready to do some Easter crafts with the kids. We were supposed to be traveling over Easter so we weren't really going to do much, but now things have changed.

I got out in the garden yesterday too, it was gorgeous outside and was a much needed respite.

If you're out and about this weekend and fortunate enough to find things like toilet paper, sanitize, Clorox wipes, etc; consider picking up a LITTLE extra. (Don't be one of THOSE people, though.) Take the extra items and give them to places like retirement homes, daycare and preschools, emergency service locations, an elderly neighbor, etc. Again, though, don't be the person who wipes out everything. Be considerate to others.

As adults, we're responsible to take care of our families. But now is the perfect opportunity to show children that we can also help out those who might need it.

Massachusetts is a weird state with no beer or wine in grocery stores! Except Trader Joe's, which I may hit tomorrow to get some of my kids' fave frozen stuff...although there's currently a freezer space issue so I may need to take out my frozen bottle of Limoncello. Challenging times. Best wishes with your grocery trip - it's getting rough out there (at least around here)...

I'm in MA and my grocery store has a full liquor store inside (Big Y).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter