Coronavirus and Anxiety

Just got back from my local walmart. Shelves were completely empty of all cold&flu medicine (nyquil, etc), no Vitamin C D or Zinc. Many aspirins out too

I made a quick trip to BJ's. It was apocalyptic. But they had plenty of beer and wine so it was a successful trip. :) The checkout line went 3/4 of the way to the back of the store. And this was at 2PM.

I wasn't too worried until this morning. DH was at the gym and an acquaintance came up to him and started telling him how she just retuened from 2 weeks in Greece yesterday. Instead of staying home, she decided it made sense to spread possible contageon around the gym. Incredible!

I forgot to include beer and wine in my lock-down prep. :headache:
We're braving the grocery store tonight I mean hey if we can survive Costco Walmart should be a piece of cake haha..across the street is a liquor store though in a pinch stuff at the grocery store will do as well..I think I need to get some 'supplies' as there's only 1 lonely beer in the fridge. We do have like 5 bottles of wine though that's been sitting for a while :scratchin

We're braving the grocery store tonight I mean hey if we can survive Costco Walmart should be a piece of cake haha..across the street is a liquor store though in a pinch stuff at the grocery store will do as well..I think I need to get some 'supplies' as there's only 1 lonely beer in the fridge. We do have like 5 bottles of wine though that's been sitting for a while :scratchin

Massachusetts is a weird state with no beer or wine in grocery stores! Except Trader Joe's, which I may hit tomorrow to get some of my kids' fave frozen stuff...although there's currently a freezer space issue so I may need to take out my frozen bottle of Limoncello. Challenging times. Best wishes with your grocery trip - it's getting rough out there (at least around here)...

The man is at a local supermarket as I type and picked up a mega pack of some kind of TP, hopefully not Scott's or Marcal Softpack.
Time will tell if they don't magically turn into papertowels or boxes of tissue by the time he gets home.....

I told my DM an hour ago, "YOUR actions are what makes me anxious". She was calling to complain because she just got back from taking my housebound, lots of chronic illnesses, 90 yo stepdad to the g.p. for his 6 months wellness exam, and the staff at the doctor's office dared to make them all wear masks, god forbid. I asked her WHY a wellness exam couldn't wait a few weeks or a month, but no, they had to go today......urgh.....

Terri

Massachusetts is a weird state with no beer or wine in grocery stores! Except Trader Joe's, which I may hit tomorrow to get some of my kids' fave frozen stuff...although there's currently a freezer space issue so I may need to take out my frozen bottle of Limoncello. Challenging times. Best wishes with your grocery trip - it's getting rough out there (at least around here)...
Package stores! LOL

NYS is similar but we do sell beer and less than cooking wine in supermarkets. I made limoncello with Jersey bought 100 proof vodka and it's now sitting in the bottom of a kitchen base cabinet hiding from the frmr DIL. Oops.
Nope, never going to forget she slowly guzzled back my homemade grappa....

Package stores! LOL

NYS is similar but we do sell beer and less than cooking wine in supermarkets. I made limoncello with Jersey bought 100 proof vodka and it's now sitting in the bottom of a kitchen base cabinet hiding from the frmr DIL. Oops.
Nope, never going to forget she slowly guzzled back my homemade grappa....

I was going to use that term but not sure if anyone would recognize it! I gotta go to the packey! :D

Envious of your home-made limoncello! My neighbor used to make it - I would be hiding it too!

I wasn’t feeling very much anxiety about the virus yet but this morning I did my weekly grocery shopping trip and people were panicking in a big way. Lots of water and toilet paper flying off the shelves. It definitely increased my anxiety and I felt Stressed the whole time.

Massachusetts is a weird state with no beer or wine in grocery stores! Except Trader Joe's, which I may hit tomorrow to get some of my kids' fave frozen stuff...
Before April of last year all beer had to be 3.2% or lower in grocery stores so many people just hopped over to the liquor store (or across state lines) to get higher alcohol content. Since April of last year you can have up to 5.9%. But I still find the grocery stores to have lower percent every now and then and they don't have a big variety so we still usually go to the liquor store and either buy a variety pack or a build your own 6-pack. Guess it's just a habit to go to the liquor store lol.

although there's currently a freezer space issue so I may need to take out my frozen bottle of Limoncello. Challenging times.
Oh my that's a quandry you've got there...these are def. hard choices to make :crazy:

Best wishes with your grocery trip - it's getting rough out there (at least around here)...
:hug: Thanks! You too if you decide you need to go get 'supplies' after all even if it's not at the grocery store it could still be rough for you :laughing:

Stressed about our now "possible" WDW trip in June.

I am a prepper anyway, so I am not nervous about any of our supplies. I am nervous about other people of course.

WDW is our families happy place and we love it there! We can drive, but it would take 2 days out of the trip. I am nervous about airplanes and that WDW would close.

I wasn’t feeling very much anxiety about the virus yet but this morning I did my weekly grocery shopping trip and people were panicking in a big way. Lots of water and toilet paper flying off the shelves. It definitely increased my anxiety and I felt Stressed the whole time.

I've lived through...2 blackouts as an adult, one riot, the South Bronx; the terrorist attacks of the 70s, OKC bombing (I cried whilst watching the news that night; uncommon for me since I'm more of a smh person); several buildings falling down, every flu from the 60s forward plus Ebola, Y2K,and that's all I can recall in my "feeble" state.

No reason to be anxious about cronavirus but it helps to be prepared:).

I told a friend of mine when she called this afternoon that shopping at our local Meijers was like shopping the day before a snowstorm here in Michigan. It was crazy and believe me I shop a lot on Thursdays....now that I'm retired.

Strangely, I think this thread is decreasing my anxiety. This will sound goofy, but I have had anxiety about this for weeks, and avoiding the Dis despite an upcoming trip. We had our first diagnosed case in the U.S. on 1/21, I believe. I have felt like I've been walking around going, "Why aren't we testing?" "Why aren't we quarantining students returning from Italy, etc. (speaking locally)?" "Do our hospitals feel prepared?" I feel like yesterday was a turning point of sorts. Driving home from my daughter's basketball last night, listening to the girls laugh while I'm reading the emails regarding all of the cancellations I had a feeling it might be the last night of normalcy for a while.

Speaking for myself, I feel like my anxiety will decrease more as we have more clear and factual information, and when we have adequate testing and a coordinated public health response. I really feel for health care workers at this time and my heart breaks watching the situation in Washington, the cruise ships, etc.

I will also feel less anxious when my pediatrician can order testing based on his judgement. And if I can get back-up meds for my kid, that would be nice...

I feel like I've gotten myself organized as much as I can, and helped my husband (small business owner) prepare for disruptions. I feel grateful I have the means to get extra supplies. I feel like getting information and preparing doesn't equal panic - prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Before April of last year all beer had to be 3.2% or lower in grocery stores so many people just hopped over to the liquor store (or across state lines) to get higher alcohol content. Since April of last year you can have up to 5.9%. But I still find the grocery stores to have lower percent every now and then and they don't have a big variety so we still usually go to the liquor store and either buy a variety pack or a build your own 6-pack. Guess it's just a habit to go to the liquor store lol.

Oh my that's a quandry you've got there...these are def. hard choices to make :crazy:

:hug: Thanks! You too if you decide you need to go get 'supplies' after all even if it's not at the grocery store it could still be rough for you :laughing:
Strange approach with the liquor content...I spend a lot of time in NH too, and there they have wine and beer in the grocery stores, and they have state liquor stores, however the state stores do not carry beer! One really needs to plan ahead...I'm definitely hitting Trader Joe's - good snacks (hopefully), good frozen stuff, and wine and beer - one stop shopping!

I told a friend of mine when she called this afternoon that shopping at our local Meijers was like shopping the day before a snowstorm here in Michigan. It was crazy and believe me I shop a lot on Thursdays....now that I'm retired.

I said the same thing at Market Basket - if felt like the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, but with less available TP and hand sanitizer.

I don’t know....

All these closings & cancellations are really making me really sad, for some reason.

Our older kids’ college is going to online instruction following Spring Break. Our local county schools have closed through 3/30, & we followed suit w/ our homeschool co-op. Plus, there are all the non-school related closures & cancellations.

I’m an introvert, so I should be happy about the chance for us all to be home.

But, for some reason, I just feel sad... it’s a weird feeling... like it’s the beginning of the end.. what if things never return to normal? I‘m part of the administration for our homeschool co-op, & I got a little teary when I posted the closed notice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter