Coronado. What would you do?

Ok...here are the numbers that I'm looking at. This may help you help me cause I need all the advice I can get. This is for a 7 day/6 night package from May 4-10. None of these include ticket costs, those will remain the same for each scenario unless S/P/D comes along then it saves money at just CSR and it's $72 for the week.

RACK RATES:
Room Rates + TS dining plan
AoA: 912.40 + 930.48 = 1842.88
CSR: 1.330.85 + 930.48 = 2261.33 (418.45 to upgrade, I'm all for but not sure on DH)

ROOM ONLY RATES:
Discounted Room + TS dining plan
AoA: stays the same price, no chance of discounts = 1842.88
CSR 30%: 931.60 + 930.48 = 1862.08 (19.20 to upgrade, something we'd do for sure)
CSR 20%: 1064.68 + 930.48 = 1995.68 (149.80 to upgrade, something we'd do for sure)
CSR 15% : 1131.22 + 930.48 = 2061.70 (218.82 to upgrade, something we'd do for sure)

IF (BIG IF) S/P/D IS EXTENDED:
Rack Room Rates + TS Dining.
AoA: stays the same, no chance of discounts = 1842.88
CSR: 1330.85 + 453.12 = 1783.97 (a savings of 58.91 to upgrade, why wouldn't we do it?!?!)

I hope my math is right, I used to be really good at it but now not so much lol. So, the question remains...What would you do?

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.

May I ask what is it that makes you willing to bet on this?

Check Mousesavers. They have a page with historical information on discounts and you can see not only the traditional discounts at that time but the approximate dates they were released. We stayed there May 2010 with a huge room only discount. It appears in May 2013 there were lots of discounts offered for your time frame.

check mousesavers. They have a page with historical information on discounts and you can see not only the traditional discounts at that time but the approximate dates they were released. We stayed there may 2010 with a huge room only discount. It appears in may 2013 there were lots of discounts offered for your time frame.

thank you!!!! :) :) :)

Check Mousesavers. They have a page with historical information on discounts and you can see not only the traditional discounts at that time but the approximate dates they were released. We stayed there May 2010 with a huge room only discount. It appears in May 2013 there were lots of discounts offered for your time frame.

This is what I was basing it off, and the last two May's in particular people in my fam (myself included) have gotten great R/O discounts.

We stayed with the 30% off this passed May in fact :)

We are currently booked during May 4-10 at AoA in a LM room, a prefect fit for our girls. But then I discovered that even a tiny promo (RO 15% off) would allow us break even if we upgraded to a moderate. I started looking around and I fell in love with Coronado. I showed it to DH and he liked it as well. So now I have a decision to make. I am a huge planner and I hate waiting on other people to make my plans. So this waiting game to see if/when a promotion comes along is painful. I also have never booked a Disney vacation this early before, our first trip was planned 3 months in advance and was just for one night. So I really have no experience of how the whole booking works and promotion releases work.

So here are my options...

1- Just go for it and switch now to know that we have a room there. Then hope and pray for a minimum of 15% to come along. But what if nothing comes along? Do you think we could switch back to AoA easily?

Or

2 - Stay booked at AoA and pray that no convention comes to town take up the rooms and that everyone else doesn't take them up either. Then hope that there is room left for us when/if a promo is announced.

Ugh...What would you do? Thoughts?

Just FYI: It may not matter to you but there is a huge cheerleading competition that weekend. For some, that determines what hotel they go to. The name of that competition is called The Summit and last year was the first time it was held, it was huge! We went at spectators. http://www.varsityallstar.com/TheSummit#.UkpFWIasiSo The size of the competition was under estimated last year and many teams had to be referred off site or to hotels not listed in the package.

It doesn't appear you are staying in the same hotel, but something to be aware of. This isn't a Pop Warner competition, but an All Star Cheerleading competition. Different type of cheerleading. ;-) No football teams.

Just FYI: It may not matter to you but there is a huge cheerleading competition that weekend. For some, that determines what hotel they go to. The name of that competition is called The Summit and last year was the first time it was held, it was huge! We went at spectators. http://www.varsityallstar.com/TheSummit#.UkpFWIasiSo The size of the competition was under estimated last year and many teams had to be referred off site or to hotels not listed in the package.

It doesn't appear you are staying in the same hotel, but something to be aware of. This isn't a Pop Warner competition, but an All Star Cheerleading competition. Different type of cheerleading. ;-) No football teams.

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like we are arriving half way through their last day. If we were in the same hotel I may have considered switching that but there's no other week available for us to use. I'm sure some families will stay through the week, but I don't think it'll be that big of a deal, I was one of them just 15 years ago. :cheer2: However, this may be what DH needs to hear to make him agree for sure to switch to CSR! What do you think? I'm thinking that'll do it for him!! :cool1:

I'm in a CSR quandary myself. I
We're a family of 6 (littlest will be under 3 but just under) - I loved POR but wanted something new - older girls would likely love CSR pool, but quick service pepper market comments have me concerned as we often grab a QS meal at our resort daily.
Anyway - if we do go with CSR - should we do 2 connecting rooms or Jr Suite?!
Any suggestions?
I wonder how hard it is to get Jr suite in Cabanas section?

I'm in a CSR quandary myself. I
We're a family of 6 (littlest will be under 3 but just under) - I loved POR but wanted something new - older girls would likely love CSR pool, but quick service pepper market comments have me concerned as we often grab a QS meal at our resort daily.
Anyway - if we do go with CSR - should we do 2 connecting rooms or Jr Suite?!
Any suggestions?
I wonder how hard it is to get Jr suite in Cabanas section?

I can answer the Pepper Market question - we love it! DH is always worried when we go to a different resort because he loves Pepper Market for QS, and the man is a food snob. I honestly don't know why both CSR and Pepper Market get such a bad wrap here on the DIS...

The 2 rooms vs Jr suite is hard. I know that they "can't guarantee" 2 connecting rooms, but when we've requested it, we've never had any trouble. And I'm sorry - I have no idea where the Jr Suites are located.

The food at the Pepper Market is Fantastic! However, the set up is TERRIBLE!! It's confusing with having to get a paper ticket to wait in line just like at POR for your food, then take it back to your table. What's different is that you then have a server that brings you drinks, but we had our refill mugs. My family did not want to have a server and with this server, you have to pay a tip! To bring you drinks???? Later we got wise, took our meal to go and ate outside. We just filled our mugs up at the cafe right beside Pepper Market. I hope they change this set up. There was construction going on in the middle of the restaurant, and I hope this will house the refill station like the other counter service in the moderates.

The food at the Pepper Market is Fantastic! However, the set up is TERRIBLE!! It's confusing with having to get a paper ticket to wait in line just like at POR for your food, then take it back to your table. What's different is that you then have a server that brings you drinks, but we had our refill mugs. My family did not want to have a server and with this server, you have to pay a tip! To bring you drinks???? Later we got wise, took our meal to go and ate outside. We just filled our mugs up at the cafe right beside Pepper Market. I hope they change this set up. There was construction going on in the middle of the restaurant, and I hope this will house the refill station like the other counter service in the moderates.

It's not just to bring drinks. They seat you at a table, which means you actually get a table when its busy instead of the mad scramble for a table at other QS. They also bus the table for you, so you don't have to clean up and throw away your garbage. Yes, you can do that yourself, but they wanted a more upscale feel to the whole set-up. My family thoroughly enjoys Pepper Market.

...but quick service pepper market comments have me concerned as we often grab a QS meal at our resort daily....

This is the only thing kinda making me squeamish about going to CSR! So many bad reviews! However, on our penciled out "schedule" we're only planning to eat one meal at our resort (which will be lunch upon arrival) so I doubt it'll matter much at all. What's also bothering me is the number of snack options available at AoA compared to CSR, but I'll have goldfish crackers and pretzels stashed away in our room so I don't see it being that much of an issue.

Thanks - I booked 2 (connecting) water view rooms in hopes of getting Cabanas section - was really bummed to learn that the business class section does not have connecting rooms.
Thanks for the information! I'm glad the PM is loved by someone, I was getting nervous as the POR food court worked so well for us last time!

Ok...here are the numbers that I'm looking at. This may help you help me cause I need all the advice I can get. This is for a 7 day/6 night package from May 4-10. None of these include ticket costs, those will remain the same for each scenario unless S/P/D comes along then it saves money at just CSR and it's $72 for the week.

RACK RATES:
Room Rates + TS dining plan
AoA: 912.40 + 930.48 = 1842.88
CSR: 1.330.85 + 930.48 = 2261.33 (418.45 to upgrade, I'm all for but not sure on DH)

ROOM ONLY RATES:
Discounted Room + TS dining plan
AoA: stays the same price, no chance of discounts = 1842.88
CSR 30%: 931.60 + 930.48 = 1862.08 (19.20 to upgrade, something we'd do for sure)
CSR 20%: 1064.68 + 930.48 = 1995.68 (149.80 to upgrade, something we'd do for sure)
CSR 15% : 1131.22 + 930.48 = 2061.70 (218.82 to upgrade, something we'd do for sure)

IF (BIG IF) S/P/D IS EXTENDED:
Rack Room Rates + TS Dining.
AoA: stays the same, no chance of discounts = 1842.88
CSR: 1330.85 + 453.12 = 1783.97 (a savings of 58.91 to upgrade, why wouldn't we do it?!?!)

I hope my math is right, I used to be really good at it but now not so much lol. So, the question remains...What would you do?

My family went in December of 2011 and decided to stay at POP. While it was nice and budget friendly, this time around, we opted to spend $400 more and go for CSR. A few advantages that made our decision easier:

1. Much better on site dining options (Awesome POOL BAR for adults!)
2. Less kids running around with tour groups or competitions
3. QUEEN size beds rather than DOUBLE beds....this is the biggest benefit for us as after a fully packed day, you want nothing more than to relax.

At the end of the day, I was looking at about $3,000 for our vacation, including flight....For the extra money, given how much we are spending already, it was worth it for us (not budget friendly but will be worth every penny, especially with kids that need their rest)

My family went in December of 2011 and decided to stay at POP. While it was nice and budget friendly, this time around, we opted to spend $400 more and go for CSR. A few advantages that made our decision easier:

1. Much better on site dining options (Awesome POOL BAR for adults!)
2. Less kids running around with tour groups or competitions
3. QUEEN size beds rather than DOUBLE beds....this is the biggest benefit for us as after a fully packed day, you want nothing more than to relax.

At the end of the day, I was looking at about $3,000 for our vacation, including flight....For the extra money, given how much we are spending already, it was worth it for us (not budget friendly but will be worth every penny, especially with kids that need their rest)

Thank you so much!!! :thumbsup2 I LOVE seeing why other people are choosing CSR over a value. The bed size is a big deal for us! DH and I have a king at home, and we don't like to sleep smack up against each other. Plus, DH isn't really a fan of kids. I mean, he loves his own, but to have to deal with the amount of kids that we could run into while at AoA he'd be so cranky! I see him being a million times more relaxed while at CSR. Also, after a long day of being in the parks, I just going to want to relax. However, when I see the pics of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA "relaxation" is the LAST thing that comes to mind :rotfl:

Thank you so much!!! :thumbsup2 I LOVE seeing why other people are choosing CSR over a value. The bed size is a big deal for us! DH and I have a king at home, and we don't like to sleep smack up against each other. Plus, DH isn't really a fan of kids. I mean, he loves his own, but to have to deal with the amount of kids that we could run into while at AoA he'd be so cranky! I see him being a million times more relaxed while at CSR. Also, after a long day of being in the parks, I just going to want to relax. However, when I see the pics of the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA "relaxation" is the LAST thing that comes to mind :rotfl:

Queen beds was HUGE for us. I actually slept on the floor in POP more comfortably than I did in the value beds...

If your kids don't know AOA is an option, they won't miss it. If they do, than it might be an easy sell to show them the waterslide at the main pool of CSR and they'll get over it. :thumbsup2

4g5fz4k.jpg

Stay at AofA (Of course I think Coronado is one of the worst hotels at Disney so my view is probably biased LOL! Incompetent front desk, rude staff at the food court and a desert theme in the Orlando heat??? REALLY? Not to mention the convention traffic. I would only stay if it was cheaper then anyplace else..)

Stay at AofA (Of course I think Coronado is one of the worst hotels at Disney so my view is probably biased LOL! Incompetent front desk, rude staff at the food court and a desert theme in the Orlando heat??? REALLY? Not to mention the convention traffic. I would only stay if it was cheaper then anyplace else..)

:rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter