• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado vs Caribbean Beach

Dismom820

Mouseketeer
Hello, I'm needing a few opinions...I'm wanting to head to Disney in August for a quick weekend trip to celebrate my birthday! :bday: This will be my first little trip without my child for an adult Disney weekend! It will be me and my boyfriend so I was just wondering which would be the best fit for us...we'll be getting a king room in either resort, we don't have to have crazy Disney themes, since no kids will be with us. We will only be visiting Epcot during our trip. I don't need "luxury" but I didn't want a value resort. It's about $75 cheaper to stay at Caribbean but I just wanted some opinions from folks who've gone before, I've never stayed at either one and neither has he. What are some pros and cons of the two? Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Both are great, but we prefer CSR for an adults only trip. CSR is a little bit more upscale, with a fitness center, salon, better pool for adults with a nice slide and large hot tub. The resort is beautiful for a stroll around the ake at night. Lots of dining options that are quite good as well. If you like the southwestern theme, this is a great choice!

CBR is a tropical island theme and is also relaxing and romantic to stroll around at night. It does, however, have rooms that sleep 5 and sees to be designed more for families with young children. So, although I am sure you would love CBR as well, I think that CSR would suit better for this trip.

Happy birthday!

Never stayed at CSR, but have taken 4 trips with my co-worker and his wife and my wife and I and stayed at CBR. You have to do
what suits you best. We love CBR, and like sitting by the bar after we leave the parks until the bar closes. Watching the sun go down over the CBR lake is great...but that is just my opinion. You can't go wrong if you like your choice.

I have stayed at both and prefer CSR. We did an adults only weekend there in September for our one year anniversary and were sprinkled with lots of pixie dust. We were upgraded from a standard king room to a water view king suite and given vouchers for 2 free glasses of champagne. Even without the pixie dust I would definitely choose CSR over CBR.

Thanks everyone for your input! i believe CSR it will be! i should be booking within the week! woot woot!

After reading this I'm so tossed up, lol!!! I'm booked in CBR but CSR was my other option. I had such a hard time choosing and now reading everyone's vote I'm thinking I should have chosen the other way.

Have a great trip :flower1:

I'm staying at CSR this upcoming Sept. it will be my first stay there but have stayed at CBR. Since CSR is a convention resort it looks like it is geared more toward the adult. We enjoyed CBR, it was quiet and peaceful and the rooms have recently been renovated. I don't think you could go wrong with either, personally I'd go for whichever one you could get for less.

After reading this I'm so tossed up, lol!!! I'm booked in CBR but CSR was my other option. I had such a hard time choosing and now reading everyone's vote I'm thinking I should have chosen the other way.

Have a great trip :flower1:
We personally prefer CBR...
Although there is no fitness room or salon, those 2 things are not important to us.
We love how shady and relaxing CBR is, We like the restaurant and quick service better there as well.
I don't believe you will be sorry about staying at CBR, it's a beautiful resort, and you could splurge on something else for your birthday with the money you save!
Have a great birthday!

We just got home from a csr and cbr split stay this morning.
We will never stay at cbr again! We missed Coronado and would have had a better time if we did cbr first then upgraded to coronado, instead the last few days of vacay was a downgrade :-/ but we split the stay to figure out what resorts we prefer...it worked ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter