Coronado Vs. Beach Club - Help???

lancerx

Earning My Ears
Hi disboarders!!! Need some help on a decision.

I am making a small trip to Disney before going on a DCL cruise and I am stuck on where to stay for the short trip. I will be there for 3 days and here is the plan: Arrival day - we will get there early evening so a trip to Disney Springs. 2nd day - a resort stay during the day, after hours event at night. Last day - Visit MK in all day. So with that in mind, which would you choose between Coronado Springs Vs. Beach Club?

I have stayed at Coronado numerous times and really like the resort. Never did Beach Club, but heard about the fantastic pool and was looking forward to it for our resort day. But the hang up is the difference in price - $140.00/night. I guess another questions is, is the price difference worth a stay at the beach club for the pool?

You opinions appreciated in advance! Thanks!!!

We stayed at Beach Club for a week and really enjoyed it. Loved the pool and overall feel of the resort. We utilized being able to walk to/from Epcot and DHS. If going for a week and you can afford it, then I would not hesitate to stay here. Having said that, we just stayed one night before our cruise in April and choose Coronado and absolutely fell in love. There was something about the resort I really liked. It was so pretty at night, we enjoyed having the food court there. I would also not hesitate to stay here again. I guess what it comes down to is if you can justify the additional cost for those 3 nights. Personally, I'd probably take that money and splurge on specialty dining or an excursion on the cruise but that's just me. If you think this is the 1 opportunity that you could afford to stay because it's only a few nights then go for it. If you love Coronado and have other things planned in the short amount of time you will be there, then just stick with Coronado and try to add a night or two on at Beach Club on another trip. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Out of curiousity, what made you choose coronado as the other option? Not to say its a bad one but if Disney Springs is one of your destinations I might consider Port Orleans (FQ or RS) since you can take the boats to DS. My wife and I loved them.

I love Beach Club and almost always would recommend a Deluxe over a Moderate if the money is there, but for your described activities Im not sure if its worth the cost. You have one resort day and two days away from your resort, and you wont be taking advantage of walking into Epcot or DHS. So Id vote Coronado. You can have a great resort day there too Im sure. If you're AP then my opinion changes entirely since you can pop into Epcot at leisure.

Personally if you are going to spend that much time at mk and not at Epcot or dhs, I’d stay at a monorail resort or wilderness lodge. Especially after the hours event, it will be much more convenient.

I would chose Coronado. The new tower is opening this July and the new bar restaurant at the center of Lago Dorado will be open. I also love Coronado.

I agree with others though that looking at Port Orleans or Old Key West might be better options if you plan to spend a decent chuck of time at Disney Springs.

You don't mention which after hours you are doing. I would pick a resort that would make returning from after hours and/or touring MK the next day the most convenient.

Thanks for all of the replies so far!!! Im sorry, the DAH event is for DHS if that make a difference. It will also be for July 4th weekend if that matters as well. I never considered Port Orleans, but only plan to be at Disney Spring for a few hours on our arrival day. Just to get something to eat and visit a few stores. Would you stay there just for that? I should also mention that I'll have a rental car to drive to PC for the cruise, so not that concerned with getting around (I would close by transportation options, but not necessary)

So far I am leaning toward Coronado again.

I love the BC and it is often my resort choice, however under your circumstances I would choose CSR. If you plan to hang around the pool on your resort day, and you are going in July, that day is not going to be relaxed at BC. It is going to be crawling with kids, and while I like kids, and have them with me a lot, if I am on an adult trip I tend to try to find quieter spots. CSR pool will likely be more relaxed than SAB.

Tough call for me because I love both resorts.

When is your stay? Assuming its after the new tower opens, I'm hesitant to recommend CSR at this point until we see how the tower changes things there. I'm curious to see how/if it will impact pools, dining, buses. There are a few variables that would make me hesitant to book until we know more after the first reports come out once its open. The flipside is that its a great resort regardless, a better price point, awesome main pool, and its centrally located. Also several great on-site dining options.

With Beach Club, I'd find it hard to justify the big price difference. The pool there can get very crowded, especially if you're traveling during the summer or early Fall months. I also agree with PP that you lose some of the advantage of the Beach Club if you are not visiting Epcot or DHS. I do think Beach Club has some good dining/snack options, and you're an easy walk to the Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin for more choices as well.

Because of the price, I'd probably take my chances on Coronado. But I do agree with PP that you should consider POR/POFQ. Every time we have done a brief stay or a resort only stay, we chose POR. The boat to Disney Springs is great, less than 10 minute bus ride to MK, and best food court on property IMO! We don't care much for the main pool at POR, but they have several quiet pools to choose from and you're also permitted to hop to the POFQ pool (and vice versa).

I wouldn't stay at the Beach Club if you aren't planning on going into Epcot. I would save the money and go with Coronado. But since you are going to Magic Kingdom maybe look into one of those resorts? The monorail resorts can be pricey, but Wilderness Lodge or the garden wing Contemporary can be more reasonable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter