Coronado Springs?

Kilted_Yank

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed at Coronado Springs? We are looking forward to it, but haven't heard much from many people. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

We stayed at CS two years ago and thought it was wonderful. Our building (Cabana 8A) was right near the pool and convenient to bus service. It's a bit of a walk to the food area but the resort is so lovely and so peaceful that the walk was more a treat than an inconvenience.

DS (8 yrs old at the time) loved the pool and I thought the resort was quite beautiful at night. We'd stay there again, without hesitation.

PS: Wishing you a wonderful birthday trip! :)

I'm still not sure why some folks don't like CS; we stayed there in Jan. '01 and loved it. Without dittoing what Cleo said too much: The two chief "complaints" you're likely to find are that it's too big (mostly because the buildings have a spread-out feel, and one of them serves conventions) and that the food court (Pepper Market) doesn't serve the usual fare. To which I'd say (to the complainers): You missed the point.

Yes, we had to do a <i>bit</i> of walking--but so what? The main building has a deluxe feel, the grounds are beautiful, and the atmosphere is great. We couldn't take advantage of The Dig site/pool (time constraints and unusually chilly weather, even for January, which my young DD--4 at the time--was unfortunately under), but it looked like loads of fun. WDW transport was also easily accessible and very quick. As for the Pepper Market, no it's not basic, bland food court fare--it's much better (unless you're into basic and bland).

One caution: Our room (I think it was Cabana 7A) was fine per se (and the service very quick, particularly when, for example, said DD got sicker and new sheets were needed), but the (locked) connecting door let in some noise from the next room, which in this case was a crying baby. Even so, I recommend the place highly. Hope this helps.

Best moderate IMO. Check out my website below. Have a great time!!

ps - melish, if your building was 7a, you were in a rancho building hence the far walk.

Not much info I can add to Buzz's great website, but another "ditto" to the positive comments here. We've stayed there twice, once in Cabanas, once in Ranchos.

The walk from Ranchos to El Centro was a bit long, but a very pleasant one past the Dig Site pool area and along the lake. Each section has its own bus stop, so that's not an issue, and Ranchos were very convenient to the Dig Site. Each section also has its own quiet pool.

As for Pepper Market, the card stamping system takes a second to figure out, but we liked the food choices, and are very willing to pay the 15% service charge for real plates and silverware (rather than paper and plastic) and having our drinks refilled (I understand the cashiers will remove the charge if you complain). I recommended CSR to a close friend for his and his family's first-time WDW visit in February '02, and his whole family loved the Pepper Market's selection.

The other negative you may hear about CSR is that it is a convention hotel and has conventioneers (guys in business suits) around. There were conventions going on both times we were there, but we never really noticed the conventioneers much.

Originally posted by DancingBear

As for Pepper Market, the card stamping system takes a second to figure out, but we liked the food choices, and are very willing to pay the 15% service charge for real plates and silverware (rather than paper and plastic) and having our drinks refilled (I understand the cashiers will remove the charge if you complain).

Is it up to 15% now? I thought the service charge was only 10%. Also if you do take out the service charge will be waved.

Will be staying at CSR for the 6th time next week, so consider myself a bit of an expert. This is a remarkable resort and a destination in itself. Especially terrific for families and children. Alas, we feel compelled to try AKL on our family trip next May. May end up splitting between the two resorts though as cannot imagine a trip to WDW without staying at CSR!

We loved Coronado. The pool and grounds are fabulous. It's big, but quiet. Bus stops are scattered around the resort. In fact, we never went to El Centro the entire time we were there, except for check in! (so I cannot comment on the food court).

I've stayed there twice and enjoyed it very much....:D

Many of the rooms are being renovated, so it has that going for it.

lobby

fountain

flag

grove

lgo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter