Coronado Springs- Yes or No?

I stayed at CSR for a conference in 2015 and loved it so much my whole family returned the following year and my husband and I are staying again over Easter this year. If you have adult children or are a couple this resort is fantastic. We wanted to stay one more time before it's changed with all the renos...

We stayed there for 10 days a few years back and loved it. We had a room close to one of the quiet pools. It was like having our own personal pool. There was never anyone in it.

CSR is a beautiful resort. We loved our stay there. I agree with bfair, we also had a room by one of the quiet pools and it felt like it was for us only.

We've stayed Coronado twice and enjoyed it. Food court is better than average and the theming is very beautiful, especially at night.

If you stay there, try getting into Casitas near bus stop two. You'll be first on, first off on most routes. It's a shorter walk to the main buildings and farthest from the construction.

Parts of the Casitas may be preferred level but I think at least part isn't. But I think preferred rooms are a good value ant the gigantic moderate resorts.

One weird thing about CSR is that the rooms have one sink (vs. two sinks at the other moderates). I didn't think that was a huge deal, but it made my wife say "NOPE" to CSR. ;)

We've stayed at CSR about a half-dozen times and I think it's a great resort. I like the rooms, especially the sliding door separating the vanity area, and the nicer bedding. The grounds are gorgeous. We like the Pepper Market and Café Rix, but have never tried any of the table-service restaurants there. Maybe once per trip we have a bus issue where one is much later than expected, but that happens everywhere, and I think once per trip is actually very good. It's a very convenient location, too, very close to AK,DHS, and Epcot, so the bus trips aren't long. It's usually our top choice when we are planning a trip.

I definitely wouldn't call CSR a normal hotel. It's much more upscale than most hotels I've stayed in (I mean, I don't stay at the Four Seasons or anything, but I've stayed in Hiltons, Westins, J.W. Mariott, etc.), and far more beautiful. Pepper Market is, IMO, one of the better resort food courts, and the bus service was stellar when we stayed there. We would absolutely recommend CSR to anyone; we loved our stay there!

I really enjoyed my stay at Coronado last time we went, but I will say it lacked a little of the Disney ambiance of other resorts, and did have a more "adult" feel to it. Personally I prefer other resorts, but would have absolutely no issue staying at Coronado again. They also have a really great Mayan themed pool that I didn't get to check out much but really wish I had!

Which building within the CSR would you recommend to stay in?

CSR is our go-to moderate. We like the Mexican theme, the Dig Site pool area, Pepper Market and the bus stops. I will say you can get placed in some areas (I'm looking at you, Ranchos 7A) and be very far from El Centro, so if being close is a priority, look at paying for a preferred or business class room.

Casitas 4. It is non preferred, but fairly close to the main building. And the first bus stop picked up/dropped off, stop #2, is right there! And there is a nice quiet pool, and the fitness center is near the pool.
So we can't request for Casitas 4? I heard some good things about Casitas 2. What do you think?

LOVE Coronado Springs! The area around the Casitas is absolutely gorgeous and very relaxing. I don't know what's going to be affected by the refurb but I highly recommend staying there. Most underrated resort on property.

Do you have preferred or non preferred booked? Casitas 2 is preferred, Casitas 4 is non-preferred. And that is where I ask to be put, Casitas 4. Love that location.
I checked our reservation - looks like we booked the Cabana - we put a request in for 8B or 9A.

I checked our reservation - looks like we booked the Cabana - we put a request in for 8B or 9A.

You can't book a section, you can only request one. Cabanas is nice if you want to be close to the themed pool.

We stayed 8 nights in a Business Class room two years ago and loved it. The resort is beautiful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter