• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs vs POR

ALD85

DIS Veteran
Im planning a 3 night adults bday trip for Oct. I have Boardwalk booked, but I'm considering a mod because we will be in the parks open to close this trip. And the difference could mean spending/food money. We've oy ever stayed POR and was looking for something different. How is CSR? Can anyone compare the 2?

We've never stayed at POR but absolutely loved CSR. We mainly stayed at WL in the past but tried CSR last year in business class and the experience was wonderful! The grounds were gorgeous and it was very peaceful. We loved sitting poolside during the evenings with a beer to relax after long days at the parks!

I've stayed at both and would def recommend CSR. Just seemed more peaceful, loved the pool, didn't have any transportation issues. CMs were great at CSR!

Nobody in my family cared for CSR. They said it didn't feel like Disney. They liked the pool and I liked the way the rooms looked but it definitely felt the least like Disney. We all liked Pop better than CSR. That's just our opinion, of course. Why not try POFQ?

I think between the Mods POR and CBR keep their Disney-ness due to the addition of themed rooms. But CSR looks like it is mainly a spa. Some people like that though!

CSR is great! Very beautiful grounds, quiet rooms, and good bus service. CSR also has a lot of food options, a cool pool, and extra amenities (gym, spa); but it doesn't sound like you plan on taking advantage of those.

I've stayed at both and think they both have different things going for them. I like CSR for the pool, great bus service, and beautiful grounds. I like POR for the Disney theming, boat to DTD, and the food court. I think a short trip is a perfect time to try something new!

We've stayed at both. We did not like POR at all. Our room was really far from the main building and pool, so we rarely used our refillable mugs. We only took the kids swimming once. The food court was always so crowded that we just carried our food the 10+ minutes to walk back to our room. The resort was quiet and private, though, and we had a bus stop right outside our building. Hated the bus service; it seemed to take forever to get anywhere. This year we're booked for POFQ and I'm a tiny bit nervous about it.

We absolutely loved CSR. We were in building 4 which was perfect for our needs. We could quickly walk over to the food court, and went there for breakfast almost every day. Never a problem with seating. The main pool was pretty far away, but there was a bridge that cut across the beautiful lake so it really shortened the walk time. We went several times. There's also a small playground near the pool that the kids enjoyed. The bus service was phenomenal, and we also rode the bus to other sections of the resort a couple of times. This was my first choice for this year, but we couldn't get the dates/package we wanted so had to choose something else.

Nobody in my family cared for CSR. They said it didn't feel like Disney. They liked the pool and I liked the way the rooms looked but it definitely felt the least like Disney. We all liked Pop better than CSR. That's just our opinion, of course. Why not try POFQ?

All these years being at riverside, I never got excited about French Quarter. It's also unavailable for my dates.

We've stayed at both and are going back to csr this Friday. Both are awesome but we got a better deal at csr this trip. I think csr was $200 cheaper than por when we booked through orbitz.

We enjoyed our stay at POR but loved CSR!!! It is beautiful an my girls liked the pool better. I thought there were lots of touches that made it feel like Disney. We would definitely stay there again and again!

Im planning a 3 night adults bday trip for Oct. I have Boardwalk booked, but I'm considering a mod because we will be in the parks open to close this trip. And the difference could mean spending/food money. We've oy ever stayed POR and was looking for something different. How is CSR? Can anyone compare the 2?

1st of let me say, that both are very good resorts....

When it comes to mods though CSR to me just has that lil extra...Uumph.

You already know what you get at POR, but with CSR you'll get more..Here's How.

Not sure if you'll be utilizing the main pool or not, but CSR has 1 of the best pools out of any category on property. Long slide, Cool opening ceremonies too. It has an excellent pool bar and has the largest Hot tub on WDW property too.:thumbsup2

The theming here is authentic and pleasant on the eye. Especially at night.:banana:The grounds are gorgeous. The rooms are tastefully done, and the beds are some of the most comfortable on property.
Each section is done differently:
Casitas is 4 stories and done like a city type feel.
Ranchos is 2 stories ( I believe )and is like southwesterny feel.... My fav. aesthetically
Cabanas is 3 stories and sort of like a islandy type vibe.

Each of these areas have there own quiet pool, but the kicker here is Casitas also has a GYM/ Spa which other mods don't.

The Food choices here I actually love too.
Quick serv. bites can be snatched up at Cafe Rix. but the Pepper Market to me is where it defeats all other food court types... Not sure if this has changed since we've been, but They'll seat you quickly take a drink order then you go up n grab your food and return to your seat . Once done , then you pay upon leaving.. Huge Plus!:thumbsup2
The Maya Grill, is a TS , that is definitely a hidden gem for sure. Along with Las Ventanas ,& Siestas Cantina, you'll be well covered for eats for sure.

Now for the best attribute.....CSR has the Absolute Best bus service out of ANY resort....Never did we wait for a 2nd bus. ( To or from ) Never did I have to stand, nor did I have to Give up my seat, because the buses were never completely full. * This never happens at any other resort..ESPECIALLY POR. which I'm sure you're aware of already...LoL

Only drawback is no Boatride to DTD......Oh yeah...& no YeeHaw Bob's..LoL

If I choose CSR should I book preferred or is any location good?

When we went to check in they originally had us in Ranchos, which I didn';t care for . Back then that is. So they swithced us to Casitas 3.* Which was Peerfecttt! So close to everything but the main pool. But If the opportunity comes across again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay in Ranchos. this time. Maybe 7B...Or possibly Cabanas 8A. I'm not sure if either are Preferred / or Business class but are centrally located to everything. Heres a link so that you can see.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...13nov2013-2013-coronado-springs-guide-map.htm

I am with you (and it looks like we are in the minority). The one time I stayed at CSR I never felt "Disney" the whole time I was on the resort's property. Maybe that had to do with them putting me in whatever the section that is like a normal hotel is called, but I have no desire to go back there. And don't get me started on the food court - worst I've experienced on property (and I've stayed value).

I have not been a POR fan, but that is because the Mansions make me feel like I'm trapped in my grandmother's house. I'm giving it another try in November - but I know I'll be in the Alligator Bayou section (I booked preferred, and that's where the preferred rooms are). Fingers crossed!

My go-to mod is CBR hands down. It's just that it's $20 more per night than POR, so... (I do reserve the right to switch though... :) )

I don't think you need to book prefered but, if you want, you can book business class for the same price. You get the most central location on the property and access to the lounge for breakfast and snacks.

We stayed business class (cabanas 9B) which was central to the main features (main pool, el centro, bus etc). Included with that price you'll get a continental bfast in the lounge that's in the same building, evening snacks and unlimited beer, sangria, and wine. Cabanas 9A is central as well. Lots of people seem to enjoy the ranchos area as well.

I am with you (and it looks like we are in the minority). The one time I stayed at CSR I never felt "Disney" the whole time I was on the resort's property. Maybe that had to do with them putting me in whatever the section that is like a normal hotel is called, but I have no desire to go back there. And don't get me started on the food court - worst I've experienced on property (and I've stayed value).

I have not been a POR fan, but that is because the Mansions make me feel like I'm trapped in my grandmother's house. I'm giving it another try in November - but I know I'll be in the Alligator Bayou section (I booked preferred, and that's where the preferred rooms are). Fingers crossed!

My go-to mod is CBR hands down. It's just that it's $20 more per night than POR, so... (I do reserve the right to switch though... :) )
Count my crew in the didnt-like-CSR group as well and we even stayed in the executive suite. The main reason for us was that it doesnt feel like you are on vacation so much as you are on a business trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter