• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gone to from CSR to Legoland?

How did you get there and how much did it cost? (We are not taking or renting a car.)

Thanks gang!! :)

We always rent a car when in WDW. So we drove to Legoland from CSR last Aug. It's an easy drive and took us about 45 min. Unless you are really opposed to driving while on vacation I think it would easier and just as cheap to rent a car for a day. You could pick up a rental at the Car Care Center right on property. Also you could post on the Transportation boards for more info on cost for a shuttle/cab or for rental discounts/codes. You will probably get more response over there.:thumbsup2

Always keep in mind that more people are inclined to write a review (complaint) when they have a bad experience than when they have a good. So when you read reviews on TripAdvisor or other sites, you'll get more bad than good.

And don't believe all the good reviews either. We chose an All Inclusive in Cancun a few years back because of the reviews and how there were such great ravings about the food. The food was gross! Everything "cold" was sitting on cold plates and the food handlers were using their bare hands to put food out. The memory of a large bowl of cottage cheese that looked like lumpy milk on a cold plate still haunts me.

Where is the car center at Disney? And Thanks!!

The car care center is near the Magic Kingdom toll booths. Now this isn't quite how it sounds. The toll booths are actually outside the Ticket & Transportation Center, which is where you park for the MK and pick up the monorail or take the boat over. You can not walk to the CCC.

kelleigh1 said:
The car care center is near the Magic Kingdom toll booths. Now this isn't quite how it sounds. The toll booths are actually outside the Ticket & Transportation Center, which is where you park for the MK and pick up the monorail or take the boat over. You can not walk to the CCC.

Hey thanks! I really only thought you could get a rental from the airport. I think renting a car would be the most practical. Oooo, something else to obsess over..... ;)

Hey thanks! I really only thought you could get a rental from the airport. I think renting a car would be the most practical. Oooo, something else to obsess over..... ;)

If I'm not mistaken its National and Alamo Car Rentals at the Disney Car Care Center. We used Alamo from there 2 years back. The whole experience could not have gone any smoother. They picked us up from our resort and drive us to their office. Then when we returned the car a few days later they drove us to where every we wanted in WDW (any resort or park). We really can't say enough with how well this went for us. They even upgraded us to a premium vehicle at no charge. One thing we did was make sure we signed up for the Alamo car rental Insider membership. It's free and gave us a modest discount when booking it online before we arrived. This year when we go in November we are doing the same and because we are Alamo Insiders we got an email offer for a discounted price and 2 upgrades in class. Have fun !!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

If I'm not mistaken its National and Alamo Car Rentals at the Disney Car Care Center. We used Alamo from there 2 years back. The whole experience could not have gone any smoother. They picked us up from our resort and drive us to their office. Then when we returned the car a few days later they drove us to where every we wanted in WDW (any resort or park). We really can't say enough with how well this went for us. They even upgraded us to a premium vehicle at no charge. One thing we did was make sure we signed up for the Alamo car rental Insider membership. It's free and gave us a modest discount when booking it online before we arrived. This year when we go in November we are doing the same and because we are Alamo Insiders we got an email offer for a discounted price and 2 upgrades in class. Have fun !!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

thanks for the tip on the Alamo insider. I just joined and my husband is a National Emerald member so between the two, we should get a decent price for the few days we will need a car.

The double digits have me in the "I can't believe it's almost here". I just pulled out the wall calendar and marked the countdown numbers on the dates. Good thing I have some things planned the next few weekends or I would be out of my mind with obsessive thoughts.

:disrocks:

We are trying to decide between standard and preferred rooms. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving with FD, so I know the resort will be crowded. We will have 2 rooms and are most concerned with being close to the Pepper Market and transportation. Mom and I are the runners for breakfast while the kids and husbands are getting ready in the morning. :sad2:
Does having preferred reallly make a difference? And is it worth the cost?

Thanks for all the information, we are so excited about the trip!

I have read quite a few post explaining how pepper market works, but I don't think I really understand yet. Can someone please explain it to me?

From what I am reading, you are seated by a cm, the cm will get your drinks, but then when it comes to the food, it is laid out in stations and you have a card that is marked each time you take something. We will be on the ddp, so how do we avoid going over what we are allowed to have? And even though it is a qs, tips are required?

I'm sure we'll finally "get it" once we are there, but I'd love to have a good understanding up front.

Thanks! (And sorry if this seems like a silly question!)

Yes, you stop at a host stand. They will give each member of your party a card. Once seated, a waitress will get you drinks. She will also ask if you've been there before and if you are on ddp. You will get more instructions then. If you have a refillable mug, bring it. They will fill it up and it won't count as one of your drinks; you can then get a bottled water and take it to go. Our waitress suggested that! Anyway, take your card up and wander around the stations until you find what you want. Tell the cm at that station your order and had him your card; he will stamp it. Hang around until your food is done, then take it back to your table. You can go over and get dessert before you eat your meal or you can do it after you eat, in case you want ice cream. Same process as with meal. Your server will check on you and get you anything else you might need. Once finished, your server will take your cards, tally everything up, and present your bill. Your server will then come back for your bill and process it: this I'd different from the past. You used to take the bill up to the register.

Pepper Market - Can you take your order "to go"? Are there trays or bags? We like taking breakfast food back to our room while getting ready for the parks; and eat lunch outside if nice weather. Tables outside? Thanks.

Yes, you can take it to go; it will be boxed up so no need for a tray. Plenty of tables right outside, then more down by water.

You can also pick up at the Swan & Dolphin with Alamo :)

We leave tomorrow for a week at Coronado Springs, but are going to Legoland one day. What we decided to do is pick up the car from the dolphin at 8:30 when the Alamo center opens. They will send someone to pick you up. We plan on staying pretty much the whole day, and the Alamo at the Car Care Center closes before we would be back. We don't want to deal with returning it the next day. The Dolphin has after hours drop off. They do not offer return transportation to your resort after hours, but we figure we can use Disney transport to get back (it may take a while and be a bit out of the way, but it's free and it works for us). I believe we're paying about $50-60 for the rental (I don't know what we booked since my husband did it, but I know we're 4 adults and a child, so it must be at least a sedan). Hope this helps!

We leave tomorrow for a week at Coronado Springs, but are going to Legoland one day. What we decided to do is pick up the car from the dolphin at 8:30 when the Alamo center opens. They will send someone to pick you up. We plan on staying pretty much the whole day, and the Alamo at the Car Care Center closes before we would be back. We don't want to deal with returning it the next day. The Dolphin has after hours drop off. They do not offer return transportation to your resort after hours, but we figure we can use Disney transport to get back (it may take a while and be a bit out of the way, but it's free and it works for us). I believe we're paying about $50-60 for the rental (I don't know what we booked since my husband did it, but I know we're 4 adults and a child, so it must be at least a sedan). Hope this helps!

That makes sense about the after hours and depending on when you get back, even if a shuttle was available from Alamo it might have taken time to get you back anyway.
Gonna talk to hubby about this as we were considering the car center. But I'll have to see where we will be going from drop off time. Might make more sense to go to Dolphin. Update us when you get back.
Thanks

If the Studios are still open that night you could walk across there from the Dolphin and get the bus back to CSR. Otherwise you might end up going somewhere like DTD or Epcot to catch one :)

Pepper Market - Can you take your order "to go"? Are there trays or bags? We like taking breakfast food back to our room while getting ready for the parks; and eat lunch outside if nice weather. Tables outside? Thanks.

Yes, you can take it to go; it will be boxed up so no need for a tray. Plenty of tables right outside, then more down by water.

Also, the cashiers usually have bags at the register. Just be sure to mention that you are getting food To Go so that they stamp your card with "to go" and you don't get charged the service fee at the register.

We are trying to decide between standard and preferred rooms. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving with FD, so I know the resort will be crowded. We will have 2 rooms and are most concerned with being close to the Pepper Market and transportation. Mom and I are the runners for breakfast while the kids and husbands are getting ready in the morning. :sad2:
Does having preferred reallly make a difference? And is it worth the cost?

Thanks for all the information, we are so excited about the trip!

My personal opinion is that the preferred rooms aren't worth it. Business Class are the best rooms at CSR. I would either splurge for those or stick with standard. Water view might get you a better view, but no guaranteed location.

My personal opinion is that the preferred rooms are worth it. Business Class are the best rooms at CSR. I would either splurge for those or stick with standard. Water view might get you a better view, but no guaranteed location.

why are the business rooms superior? also, not related, when we stayed at the CBR there was a splash pool/water playground type area which our kids loved...anything similar at CSR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter