Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to call CSR to see about the toasters...I figured i wouldn't drive myself crazy trying to find a definitive answer....

i was told i could bring my own bagels (or whatever) into cafe rix but i would have to give it to a cm to toast for me. i guess we will forego bringing that stuff this trip. it seems a little pointless to have to wait for someone to cook it for us, we usually did it to save credits for other things and for it to be quick as opposed to waiting and sitting down.

i'm still excited and can't wait to try CSR! :cool1:

85 days to go!

If you have room to bring your own bread you should just bring a small toaster just unplug it when you leave the room.....so no hotel fires.......simple

Hi, I am trying to read through all the threads and my eyes are getting sore. :rotfl: We will be going at the end of November. Does anybody know if CSR is completely refurbished? I will be putting in a request for Casitas 4. Does anybody know if that building is all refurbished? Thanks!

Based on the comments about Pepper Market being a sit down....if I use my FD credits, what will be subtracted? Table or Quick service?

hmm I guess I could look this up on the Disney site. But since I typed it and I know how much you all love to help. :) I'll post the question anyway.

It is a quick service credit. I personally find Pepper Market to be a more upscale experience than the food courts at the other Mods. It's a little pricey for light eaters paying out of pocket, but it is a great value on DDP. You can get an extra large pizza that will feed 3-4 people for 2 QS credits. If you are on DDP you leave a small cash tip on the table. I usually left $5.

It is a quick service credit. I personally find Pepper Market to be a more upscale experience than the food courts at the other Mods. It's a little pricey for light eaters paying out of pocket, but it is a great value on DDP. You can get an extra large pizza that will feed 3-4 people for 2 QS credits. If you are on DDP you leave a small cash tip on the table. I usually left $5.

My guess is that they clear/clean your table after you are done eating then.
It's not a self clean up like most quick service and people waiting to sit as soon as you get up from the table. right?

As my girlfriend keeps saying, after being there a day or two we will figure out how things work. But it is nice to have the heads up.

Okay CSR experts I just booked today...Nov 15-20 tried to get 21st as well but no luck...should I keep trying?

First time at CSR we have been POP two other times...what section would you recommend to stay in with my wife and 7 and 9 girls...I am thinking closest to the buses would be best since our stay is shorter this time around.

Any other tips for a first timer would be great...thanks in advancepirate:

I would recommend Casita 4 or 5 buildings. We stayed there with our girls that are the same age and they loved it. We were a 3 minute walk to Pepper Market for breakfast every day, 3 minute walk to the bus stop and the Casitas 4 pool was great to have right by our room. Casitas is only a 6 minute walk to the pyramid pool too, but we found our girls liked the Casitas pool better at night because sometimes they had the whole pool to themselves. Enjoy! CSR is beautiful.

Love this tread and all the pictures. The rooms look pretty much same set up as POFQ the last time I was there.
What I don't see is a table/chairs to sit and eat breakfast. I vaguely remember or so I thought, one at POFQ (but maybe not)

Is there just a desk in the room? I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans?

I like my coffee while watching tv to wake up.
Wondering if I will be doing that from my bed. :-)
Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news.

I feel insanely addicted right now. I can't stop thinking about vacation.

I say grab your coffee from the Pepper Market to go and take a nice leisurely walk around the resort in the early am. We looked forward to doing that every morning on our last trip. Or you can grab one of the many benches around the grounds and sit and relax, watch the sun come up and enjoy the lush landscaping and wildlife.

Or you can grab one of the many benches around the grounds and sit and relax, watch the sun come up and enjoy the lush landscaping and wildlife.

That sounds heavenly! I love early mornings at Disney. They're just so magical.

If I remember correctly from Oct., they are not disposable.

No they are a hard plastic (ceramic looking) coffee cups.

Thanks. I was hoping they were disposable as I'm not sure I'll be buying a refillable mug. I was thinking I'd make coffee in the room and take off instead of taking a refillable mug to Cafe Rix. It would be much easier to leave the room and not be concerned with returning the plastic mug. Oh well, maybe I'll pack some styrofoam cups.

It's not a self clean up like most quick service and people waiting to sit as soon as you get up from the table. right?

As my girlfriend keeps saying, after being there a day or two we will figure out how things work. But it is nice to have the heads up.

Pepper Market actually has a hostess to seat people. There is definitely no one hovering over you waiting for you to get up. They will clean up after you and bring you refills for your drinks. If you're on a DDP and choose to bring refillable mugs, they will fill them for you and give you a bottle of water for the road if you wish as your meal would include a non-alcoholic beverage.

Pepper Market can be a bit confusing at first. Your server will bring everyone in the party a card. You take the card to the food stations and have the cook stamp on it what you got. The server will collect the cards at the end of your meal and then present you a check.

Pepper Market actually has a hostess to seat people. There is definitely no one hovering over you waiting for you to get up. They will clean up after you and bring you refills for your drinks. If you're on a DDP and choose to bring refillable mugs, they will fill them for you and give you a bottle of water for the road if you wish as your meal would include a non-alcoholic beverage.

Pepper Market can be a bit confusing at first. Your server will bring everyone in the party a card. You take the card to the food stations and have the cook stamp on it what you got. The server will collect the cards at the end of your meal and then present you a check.

On some days, I may make a run to get food while my family wakes up. Can you take the cards and get food to go easily ?

Even without the table and chairs in the room, it still is an easier way to start the day by eating in the room.

Thanks for the great info on this thread.

Hi - have learned so much about CS by reading all the threads here - thanks for everyone's input and pix!! We arrive on Sunday for a business class room and was wondering if the fridges are working or replaced? not sure if i should pack a collapsable cooler to keep drinks cold overnight in our room? thanks! so excited to be there in just a few days with our family!!!:cool1:

Yes they bus the table and bring you drinks. Expected tip is about 10%. Usually for 2-4 people $5 would be fine. It is true that if you are in a hurry this isn't the place to eat, but we were never in a hurry when we ate there.

Hi - have learned so much about CS by reading all the threads here - thanks for everyone's input and pix!! We arrive on Sunday for a business class room and was wondering if the fridges are working or replaced? not sure if i should pack a collapsable cooler to keep drinks cold overnight in our room? thanks! so excited to be there in just a few days with our family!!!:cool1:

They are replacing fridges as they get them like the other resorts. I read on another forum that the Business Class rooms have working fridges. Makes sense to replace the most expensive rooms first.

On some days, I may make a run to get food while my family wakes up. Can you take the cards and get food to go easily ?

Even without the table and chairs in the room, it still is an easier way to start the day by eating in the room.

Thanks for the great info on this thread.

We are staying Business Class our next stay at CSR so we will get breakfast there, but before that we ordered breakfast supplies from Garden Grocer and had breakfast in the room every morning. It was cheaper, quicker, and we didn't have to fight the breakfast crowd. :)

Thanks. I was hoping they were disposable as I'm not sure I'll be buying a refillable mug. I was thinking I'd make coffee in the room and take off instead of taking a refillable mug to Cafe Rix. It would be much easier to leave the room and not be concerned with returning the plastic mug. Oh well, maybe I'll pack some styrofoam cups.

You can always pick up some Styrofoam cups and lids at the marketplace...

Staying Thanksgiving week at CSR and no convention scheduled. I'm thinking that's a good thing (less people at the resort who are not Disney addicted...) but does CSR scale down services when there's no convention? For example, shorter pool hours, etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter