Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a random update because I'm excited about it- we have paid off our room reservation already! Woohoo!

...But we also just added the Dining Plan, so our balance just went up like crazy, haha. Ah well. It's definitely worth it, I think.

247 days! :yay:

I completely understand that feeling, my wife and I have finally paid everything off and I just want it to be May already. I have been in vacation mode for four months!

We have always lucked out and been put in our favorite section the Casitas.

For our trip in May we have booked 2 rooms and have requested connecting rooms. Because of that we aren't counting on the Casitas, so we are looking at the map and pictures of the other sections. We think the Rancheros look to be a good spot. Most important to DH is being close to one of the first bus stops and for this trip we'd like to be close to the Dig Site since we will have our dgs.

Anyone prefer the Rancheros? Why?

Just got back from a week long trip and had a great time! We stayed in business class, and for us it was definitely worth it. We loved the resort, but will say the bus service to Magic Kingdom was terrible. 45 minute wait for a bus to MK both times we used them (and we even drove to another bus stop one of the days since the stop closest to us was the last stop), very disappointing! Plenty of buses to all the other parks, though.

Just got back from a week long trip and had a great time! We stayed in business class, and for us it was definitely worth it. We loved the resort, but will say the bus service to Magic Kingdom was terrible. 45 minute wait for a bus to MK both times we used them (and we even drove to another bus stop one of the days since the stop closest to us was the last stop), very disappointing! Plenty of buses to all the other parks, though.

You definitely answered my concerns about the bus stop with a business class room. Would it have been easier to walk to a different stop when you were heading to Magic Kingdom...or was it too far away? Thanks.

You definitely answered my concerns about the bus stop with a business class room. Would it have been easier to walk to a different stop when you were heading to Magic Kingdom...or was it too far away? Thanks.

The bus stop $ is closer to 9A in the cabanas. 9B is closer to stop 1. It would probably be another 1/2 minutes to go to #4.

#1 is is probably the busiest stop since it is at el centro, I assume people eat there then leave in the morning.

The longest wait I had last year at Easter was 15 minutes from #1 in the morning and evening only to MK. One time was standing room. Other buses kept coming empty to the other parks.

We drove to other stops and the service to MK was still bad, at least the days we were there. We lucked up and only waited a few minutes, but he ppl there waiting with us had been waiting for 45 mins. It wasn't a matter of the busses being full, it was no busses came.

One of the times we walked to the other stop from 9b, maybe it was just bc we were hauling a lot of stuff and a double stroller but it was a pain.

Overall, I really enjoyed the resort though and business class. But we had our car so that helped

We stayed there over Thanksgiving and we just fell in love with the resort. My family loved it better than Riverside. I would recommend getting a preferred room though. We were in building 5 (non preferred) and it wasn't bad but it was a good walk to the main building. We drove over a few times.

As for the bus stop, we used bus stop #2 just like the preferred rooms used and it was the best bus stop IMO. The way they run the buses, bus stop #2 is the first to unload and load for the next trip to a park. The main building bus stop is the last to load and can be quite full.

We also normally drive to the parks but the buses ran so well that we just used them most of the time. They were faster than our last trip to Riverside. We were there over Thanksgiving week.

We have always lucked out and been put in our favorite section the Casitas.

For our trip in May we have booked 2 rooms and have requested connecting rooms. Because of that we aren't counting on the Casitas, so we are looking at the map and pictures of the other sections. We think the Rancheros look to be a good spot. Most important to DH is being close to one of the first bus stops and for this trip we'd like to be close to the Dig Site since we will have our dgs.

Anyone prefer the Rancheros? Why?

:dance3:We've stayed in all 3 areas, and our favorite by far, is the Ranchos. We stayed in 7A on our most recent visit, the bus stop was so convenient, and it was a 3 minute walk to the pool. We have 2 rooms this trip, and will be asking for Ranchos again! They don't have to be connecting, as the second room is for our college age boys, but close to each other would be nice. Keeping my fingers crossed!

If I need to get to the MK early for a 8:30 Keys to the Kingdom tour in May, can I do it on the Disney buses? The MK doesn't open until 9 that day. I need to be inside at City Hall by 8:15, I think. Would you Coronado experts recommend a cab? Could a cab drop me directly at the entrance (not the TTC?)

If I need to get to the MK early for a 8:30 Keys to the Kingdom tour in May, can I do it on the Disney buses? The MK doesn't open until 9 that day. I need to be inside at City Hall by 8:15, I think. Would you Coronado experts recommend a cab? Could a cab drop me directly at the entrance (not the TTC?)

I'd take a cab to the contemporary and walk over. I'm pretty sure a cab will only take you as far as the TTC.

We used buses for 8:00 breakfast reservations on a day the park opened at 9. I think we were out there by 7:15 and don't remember waiting long for a bus. Buses will work but a cab would save time.

How is cell phone service at this resort - more specifically with AT&T?

I stayed at AoA the last few stays and did not get any signal with AT&T there.

We stayed there over Thanksgiving and we just fell in love with the resort.
We were there over Thanksgiving week.

Even though we aren't staying at CSR for our Thanksgiving trip, I still wanted to ask for any advice on visiting during Thanksgiving in general. Any advice on how to tackle the parks and ADRs during that week?

How is cell phone service at this resort - more specifically with AT&T?

I stayed at AoA the last few stays and did not get any signal with AT&T there.

AT&T phone service has been great everywhere on site EXCEPT AoA since they upgraded last year. I had EXACTLY the same issue at AoA -- could NOT get a signal, yet my DH and his Verizon phone had no problems!

You'll be fine though at CSR! :thumbsup2

We used buses for 8:00 breakfast reservations on a day the park opened at 9. I think we were out there by 7:15 and don't remember waiting long for a bus. Buses will work but a cab would save time.

Thanks. I'm OK with taking the bus, as long as it is running early enough. It sounds like it should be.

AT&T phone service has been great everywhere on site EXCEPT AoA since they upgraded last year. I had EXACTLY the same issue at AoA -- could NOT get a signal, yet my DH and his Verizon phone had no problems!

You'll be fine though at CSR! :thumbsup2

Awesome thanks!!! When at AoA Nov 2013, it was our wedding and had to leave phone in a certain spot near window to get any type of service or calls that pertained to wedding.

:dance3:We've stayed in all 3 areas, and our favorite by far, is the Ranchos. We stayed in 7A on our most recent visit, the bus stop was so convenient, and it was a 3 minute walk to the pool. We have 2 rooms this trip, and will be asking for Ranchos again! They don't have to be connecting, as the second room is for our college age boys, but close to each other would be nice. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Thank you, so much. I guess ours wouldn't have to be connecting either-grown sons also.

So my wish list is going to be Casitas 4 or 5, or Ranchos 7A. Hopefully between 3 buildings they can get us in somewhere.

Love, love, love Coronado :cheer2: Just a month away and we'll be there!!!

Anyone recommend business class?? Will have our two daughters with us (11 and 9 ). Any info and pictures would be appreciated!!

Thank you, so much. I guess ours wouldn't have to be connecting either-grown sons also.

So my wish list is going to be Casitas 4 or 5, or Ranchos 7A. Hopefully between 3 buildings they can get us in somewhere.

Love, love, love Coronado :cheer2: Just a month away and we'll be there!!!

We've stayed here 4 times, and gotten our request everytime. When we arrive, I politely ask the CM early on, where we'll be. If it's not what we prefer, I just ask if we have any wiggle room in our room choice. Last time, she said, sure, got out a map and showed me everything in Ranchos that was available. Very nice! :goodvibes

We just got back yesterday and also stayed business class, but did not seem to have any issues with buses. Might just be certain times. We did do rope drop once and another time went around noon to MK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter