Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused on these recent reports of Pepper Market. To my knowledge, the way it has been is that everyone has a server - dining plan or no dining plan, refillable mugs or not. I was also under the impression that you were seated by a host or hostess.

Some of these recent reports are saying you can sit wherever you want and there were no servers? Has it changed or does Pepper Market do this during slow times? :confused3

It appears this is a recent change. Buzz has confirmed that Pepper Market no longer has servers and tipping is no longer required. I'm not sure if this was due to many complaining about the tipping or all the workers quit...lol. I'm sure this will make some people happy, I'm good either way.

This is our first time staying at Coronado Springs Resort, just wondering what is the earliest time in the morning that I can take a walk and get a coffee refill with our resort mugs ? And where are the refill stations ? Thanks :)

This is our first time staying at Coronado Springs Resort, just wondering what is the earliest time in the morning that I can take a walk and get a coffee refill with our resort mugs ? And where are the refill stations ? Thanks :)

There is a refill station at Cafe Rix that is open at 6:30AM. Not sure where the others are. The first page of this thread may list where other refill stations are.

Does anyone know if CSR did any special activities on Halloween? I think I remember hearing that last year they had some special entertainment and meet and greet with the Three Caballeros. Just wondering if they had any special Halloween festivities this year!!

Does anyone know if CSR did any special activities on Halloween? I think I remember hearing that last year they had some special entertainment and meet and greet with the Three Caballeros. Just wondering if they had any special Halloween festivities this year!!
Yes they did- they had trick or treating, a CM pumpkin carving contest, meet and greet with Donald and only one caballero that I saw. They also had some stuff by the main pool.

Yes they did- they had trick or treating, a CM pumpkin carving contest, meet and greet with Donald and only one caballero that I saw. They also had some stuff by the main pool.

They handed out a sheet that listed activities for Halloween. I'll see if I can find it and take a pic...

I'm here now. Checked in @ 7 this morning. Any questions you need answered let me know. I've gotten so much help for other DIS'ers and want to pay it forward. Will be here until the 10th

Fire away ;) :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm here now. Checked in @ 7 this morning. Any questions you need answered let me know. I've gotten so much help for other DIS'ers and want to pay it forward. Will be here until the 10th

Did you get a KTTW card?

Did you notice what the bonus item in the giftshop currently is? Spend so much and you can purchase a special item. Thanks

Did you get a KTTW card?

I would like to know this too!! Also, I read that the pepper market is no longer charging tips. They said now it is like a regular food court, but that you pay at the end. The only difference is we have to get our own drinks now so no tip is required. I'm hoping that's true because I found that pointless. Will you let us know please? Thank you and have a wonderful trip!!:goodvibes

We are considering what to eat for Christmas morning. We have an ADR lined up at Kona at the Poly but DS9 suggested room service. Thoughts?

Hi everyone! Here right now. Yes, they issue KTTW cards still just incase the bands don't work. Also KTTW cards are needed for magic hours. Finally, magicbands only allow you three fast passes per day buttttt! Your KTTW cards can get you more. Supposed to be a secret but front desk told me.

Idk about the deal at panchitos!

Also, in order for our room to not get missed with housekeeping I simply called daily to say our room is ready and were leaving for the parks. Worked out great.

We saw two alligators and three turtles but no snakes so far.

Pepper market is not confusing at all. But we only ordered Mickey waffles to go so I can't comment on anything else.

We are considering what to eat for Christmas morning. We have an ADR lined up at Kona at the Poly but DS9 suggested room service. Thoughts?

I'm here right now and my suggestion is to go to Kona! They have the tonga toast and macadamia nut pancakes. There is nothing special about room service menu here and everything is marked up. Just my opinion!

On the dining plan, can you get a bottled drink (juice, milk, water, etc) with your QS meal as well as filling up your mug at the drink station?
Is there coffee in the room with the coffee pot?

Have a wonderful time!

Hi everyone!!!! I have organized for families of four to go to Disney. We arrive Nov. 16 for 5 nights. Two families are Disney lovers. One family has never been and are thrilled they have friends like us to guide them through the Disney maze with some expertise. One family had an awful experience last time because of who they ended up going with. I am a tax nervous because I want to make sure everything goes as planned. No hiccups allowed. Lol. We selected CS for the several reasons and I am really excited about the resort. I love the idea of walking. The more walking the more I can eat and not feel fully guilty. I am going to check in today.

I really am hoping that the crowds will be lower since it is the week before Thanksgiving. We live in Atlanta. We have done this drive so many times. We usually leave the house at 5am and drive drive drive arriving around 12 pm!

Thanks so much to everyone for their input and desire to share. It really does help. I will update when I am there and might even do a trip report! 13 days!!!

v.t. said:
On the dining plan, can you get a bottled drink (juice, milk, water, etc) with your QS meal as well as filling up your mug at the drink station?
Is there coffee in the room with the coffee pot?

Have a wonderful time!

Yes a drink is included. Besides the refillable mug.

No tips at pepper market. we were able to get orange juice (in a cup) and were also able to fill up our rapidfill mugs. I didnt see bottled drinks, but i wasnt looking for them. I don't think that the goldpeak iced tea dispensers are attached to the rapidfill system.

I would like to know this too!! Also, I read that the pepper market is no longer charging tips. They said now it is like a regular food court, but that you pay at the end. The only difference is we have to get our own drinks now so no tip is required. I'm hoping that's true because I found that pointless. Will you let us know please? Thank you and have a wonderful trip!!:goodvibes

The answer to your question is already posted on the previous page.

Did you notice what the bonus item in the giftshop currently is? Spend so much and you can purchase a special item. Thanks

It's a beach towel (has been that since at least summer) and a Mickey tote. Towel is $13.95 I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter