• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between a couple different resorts (CSR, POR) for our honeymoon and wondered if all of the rooms at CSR had been upgraded like the ones in the first post. I love the new decor but am afraid of getting stuck in an older room.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, all of the rooms look like the pictures (the rehab was completed in September 09).

In two days we will be on the plane to CSR!! I faxed in my buidling request yesterday, all that's left to do is check-in to the flight and pack.

In two days we will be on the plane to CSR!! I faxed in my buidling request yesterday, all that's left to do is check-in to the flight and pack.

:banana::banana:Have a wonderful time!!!! Those few days before you leave seem to take FOREVER sometimes :goodvibes

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to decide between a couple different resorts (CSR, POR) for our honeymoon and wondered if all of the rooms at CSR had been upgraded like the ones in the first post. I love the new decor but am afraid of getting stuck in an older room.

Thanks in advance!

OH definitely choose CSR!!! I personally think the atmosphere is much more romantic than at POR. And as KatMark has already mentioned, it is good to know you will not have to worry about getting a room that hasn't been refurbished since all rooms are now complete. (I am very much looking forward to the new rooms myself as I have not stayed in one yet.:thumbsup2)

:woohoo::woohoo: Hope the two days go fast for you.

I will be there in ten days & will check for you :lovestruc

I can't believe your trip is here. :dance3:

:banana::banana:Have a wonderful time!!!! Those few days before you leave seem to take FOREVER sometimes :goodvibes

Don't they? I hate the waiting. ;)

OH definitely choose CSR!!! I personally think the atmosphere is much more romantic than at POR. And as KatMark has already mentioned, it is good to know you will not have to worry about getting a room that hasn't been refurbished since all rooms are now complete. (I am very much looking forward to the new rooms myself as I have not stayed in one yet.:thumbsup2)

You are going to LOVE the new rooms...the beds are wonderful.

Did online check-in this morning :cool1: Only 10 days till I finally lay eyes on CSR!!!

:cool1::dance3::cool1:

And for all of you guys here, we're going in September! Yes, we think we are going to swing it. We didn't have to pay taxes this year for the first time in years and if nothing else major happens to the cars, the house or hospital bills (Mark is having surgery in July), we will be at CSR for four nights in September before our ten days in Marco Island.

And for all of you guys here, we're going in September! Yes, we think we are going to swing it. We didn't have to pay taxes this year for the first time in years and if nothing else major happens to the cars, the house or hospital bills (Mark is having surgery in July), we will be at CSR for four nights in September before our ten days in Marco Island.

How wonderful for you and DH.

:banana::banana::banana:

Great news! :dance3:

I was reading that is not a good idea for first timers to do on-line check in because they give you allot of info in the regular line that you don't get in the on-line check in line, is this true???

Hey all! I was reading on another thread that CSR sometimes shows outdoor movies at night? I knew of other resorts that did this, but I didn't know they did it at CSR. Anyone know of any more info on this, or even know if a schedule is posted somewhere? I did look through this thread and don't remember seeing anything, so I would appreciate any help!

I was reading that is not a good idea for first timers to do on-line check in because they give you allot of info in the regular line that you don't get in the on-line check in line, is this true???
DisneyMommy1022, I'm in Sterling Heights too!!! 15 and VanDyke area.

I can see how that could be true. Whether it's standard or online check-in, both areas will hand you identical paper documents. But my experience with online check-in is that the CM talks about the resort and parks less.

We stayed at Fort Wilderness this past November......first time ever staying on property. We did the on-line check in. When we arrived, they gave us this large packet with all kinds of information in it.....everything you could possibly want to know about Disney. I am pretty sure that your resort will provide you with that same information if you do on-line check in. And my thought is that you are going to be so excited arriving that you will probably not remember half of what the CM at the desk tells you. Just do whatever you think is best for you.

Any advice on the best way to get from CSR to Cape May for an 8 or 9 am character breakfast?

Personally, we always rent a car so we drive. I've heard of "early morning" character breakfast buses, but I believe that bus would take you to a park and then you'd have to boat or bus or walk over as the buses don't go resort to resort. I would take a cab...I don't think it would cost you more than $10 or so.

and it will certainly not be our last!!

We had a fabulous trip and great stay at CSR.

Our arrival: We arrived at the resort around noon. We did online check in and walked right up to the counter. (There wasn't a line for regular check in at that time either). I will say I've seen some not sure about the difference and can attest there were times that the line wrapped all around for check in, however online check in was practically empty. Will go that route again.

We received all of our information and was happy we received the building I requested. I had it noted on our res water view, no pool, casitas area. We had casitas 3 and a great view of the lake, few steps away from the elevator.

Our room/mousekeeping: Our room was comfortable for the 4 of us, beds and pillows comfy. Our tv was unplugged from the back but a quick phone call fixed that. Our fridge wasn't cold, but we didn't use it so never called about it (hindsight maybe I should have for the next guest if there was something wrong with it) Mousekeeping came everyday except for the day after our first night. I had to call for more towels since we used the ones we had at the pool. Every other day though our room was clean when we returned from the parks.

Rix: My son is addicted to their banana bread!! We used Rix for mug refills and the bread but that was all.

Maya Grill: One of the better meals we had. They suggest reserverations but we got a table right away without one.

Pepper Market: I have mixed feelings about Pepper Market. We ate there a few times, I do not see what the servers do to require a gratuity. We hated the breakfast, but enjoyed the food for other meals alot. Rockin frys! We all felt the place was unorganized and would of enjoyed it better if it was done a little differently.

Laundry room: We had some rain and decided to do laundry there instead of dragging it all home. It took me over 4 hours!! Out of 4 washing machines two didn't spin out properly and 3 dryers weren't working well. Had to keep switching clothes/dryers around until it was done. Neither change machine was working which meant 3 trips to El Centro for change. (Would of done it in one trip had the machines worked properly)

Casistas quiet pool: My daughter could of spent her entire week here. We stopped between the health club and laundry room where they keep towels out so we didn't have to take from our room. Nothing much to say about it other than it was nice and for the most part quiet : )

Concierge: They were very helpful in adding park ticket days, providing change, and answering general questions (we had a few since this was our first trip).

The grounds: We enjoyed walking around, appreciated how clean everything was kept, and found even though 3 conventions passed through while we were there it was still quiet.

My only complaint. Our last night of stay was added on seperatly as room only. When I went to pick up my key for the last night they insisted that I had to pay even though I had my confirmation of payment from January. The cm suggested that I stay at all stars since it would be cheaper. I was in tears!! Refused to move to another resort because I paid for CSR. He gave me the key cards. I went back to my room, called my bank, confirmed the payment went through and brought all the info back to a manager who assured me not to worry and he would get it taken care of. The next moring check out day, I received a bill for the $157 again! I didn't let it bother me this time, we check out and will just wait and see if they get it cleared up or if they send me a bill take it from there.

We are already talking about another 2 trips this year. A short one for DH and myself and another week for the family and we'll be booking CSR even with the few hiccups we had. : )

I am happy to hear you loved CSR as we did over the summer. :goodvibes

Sorry some less than stellar worker suggested you go to a cheaper resort like you couldn't afford one more night there. :sad2: I don't know what is wrong with some people. My friend had the same problem at a different hotel, it was prepaid, the money had been taken from his account and yet the person at the front desk would not take no for an answer and treated him like a giant cheat. :mad: Frustrating!

Has anyone staying at CSR recently had problems with noise between the rooms? This is my only complaint about this resort. Since there is central air there is no white noise to block out anything from other rooms. I woke up one night at midnight to the guy next door yelling at his kids and another night to the couple on the other side yelling at each other.

Has anyone staying at CSR recently had problems with noise between the rooms? This is my only complaint about this resort. Since there is central air there is no white noise to block out anything from other rooms. I woke up one night at midnight to the guy next door yelling at his kids and another night to the couple on the other side yelling at each other.

In eight stays (soon to be nine :woohoo:), we have never had an issue with noise from the room on either side of us or above us or below us. Perhaps we were just lucky in getting quiet neighbors all eight stays, but we've had little ones next to us and we've heard a baby cry once--and the poor little guy was sick and was really wailing (it was also at 7:30 in the morning and he was probably hungry).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter