Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 1/2 hours and we're out the door and on our way to our first stay at CSR and most importantly our first visit to WDW:cheer2:

Thanks to all that contributed to the wealth of information in this thread and hope I can be just as helpful in the future. The info here is priceless.

See you next week with a full report!

4 1/2 hours and we're out the door and on our way to our first stay at CSR and most importantly our first visit to WDW:cheer2:

Thanks to all that contributed to the wealth of information in this thread and hope I can be just as helpful in the future. The info here is priceless.

disney.gif

We had a waterview room on our trip in February, that we did pay extra for and I'm so glad that we did it. I never looked out our window or anything, but the view we had of the lake, clear across the Dig Site, everytime I opened our door was fantastic. When you are on the "inside" of the resort (the arear surrounding the lake), it feels a lot different than when you're on the parking lot side.

What section did you stay in?

Its been a few years since our stay at CSR. Are the buses still as empty (presumably due to all the conventioneers being tied up all day ) as they once were ? I remember several occasions where we had a bus all to ourselves. Private transport to the parks... gotta love it. :thumbsup2

So this will be our 2nd year staying at CSR and I am soooo excited! :cool1:

Last year, we wasted too much time trying to find a close grocery store. Can anyone tell me where the closest Walmart or Publix may be?

Thanks!

9 days until we arrive at CSR!! Thanks to everyone on this board, especially KatMark, we are more excited to stay here than any other Disney resort we've stayed at. Did online check in last night, so we're ready to go!! Now just hoping that we get in the Cabanas section - the kids - DS - 8 and DD -4 really want to be as close to the pool as possible. I think all the sections look beautiful, and have their own charm, so I'll be happy at any of them!! I'll just be happy to be in Disney!!:goodvibes

If you cannot get Cabanas 8A or 8B ask for Ranchos 7B. It is about the same distance away (or closer depending on where your room is) from the main pool as 8B is and also has the quiet pool next to it. Same with the bus stop.

Does anyone know if the CSR marina will be open (specifically the sea-raycers) during late April & early May?

Its been a few years since our stay at CSR. Are the buses still as empty (presumably due to all the conventioneers being tied up all day ) as they once were ? I remember several occasions where we had a bus all to ourselves. Private transport to the parks... gotta love it. :thumbsup2

We were at CSR Presidents week plus week following. Some buses were busy and on others we were the only people.

Some mornings the buses got pretty full but most other times there was plenty of room.
The only time that evryone didn't get on a bus who was waiting was one evening at EPCOT straight after illuminations.

To me they are still great buses and this is why we will stay there again (just have to convince DH to book :rotfl:)
Have a great trip

:tinker:
My dear friend Diamond, ladies and gentlemen, a "jewel" of a Disney enabler!

:lovestruc

We were there in October. We love how at the parks the CSR bus stop is often #1. We never had any buses with standing room only. But we especially loved the CM they had out in the morning at the lobby bus stop. It was the CM's job to find out which park people were heading to and he would assign buses accordingly.

We just got back about 3 weeks ago and for the most part, the busses were empty going there. Coming home they were crowded a few times but not much at all. We had a trip to Chef Mickeys for a 8:25 reservation one morning and left with plenty of time to go to Magic Kingdom and ride the monorail around. There was only 1 other family on with later reservations at Crystal Palace so the driver dropped us off at the Contemporary. It was nice of him (although waaayyy too early).

:woohoo:Faxing request today, then it's off to CSR on Friday! I'll try to take lots of pictures and bring you all back an info filled review. I'm so excited!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We check in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Does anyone know if king rooms are only at certain locations? Or are they basically all over the park? I still can't decide which area to request for our very first "Mommy and Daddy only" trip.:hug: Since the kids aren't with us this time, proximity to the pool is not so important.

Also I'm a little worried. This is my first time arriving at Disney late at night. And since my husband may be arriving later than me, I could be alone. We've never stayed at a resort as big as CSR before. Will I have a hard time finding my way to the room at night if I am alone? :scared: This may affect which bldg I should request.

We want to book CSR again - can we have 3 adults and 1 child in the room - or will it be extra for the 3rd adult???

4 people total

I just know that when we booked an AllStar resort a while back, we had to pay extra, per night, for my mother to stay in the same room with myself, my husband and our 3 yr old.

thanks!
jen

There only way to get over "it" is to book another visit.

I LOVE IT!!! :thumbsup2

just finished online check in. we will be arriving at CSR in one week!! we are very excited for this trip!!! :dance3:

on our last trip to disney was cut incredibly short. i got bronchitis on the second day and we flew home the third. :( so this has been called the make-up since the last one was so awful.

so a few firsts for us on this trip:
-1st stay at CSR
-1st time entering a park early for breakfast, 8:05 CP @ MK
-1st time to see La Nouba

We can't wait. And I have been drinking water, taking my vitamins and allergy meds to stay healthy! :woohoo:

Again, thank you everyone on the boards with planning and information, especialy KatMark, you are a wealth of knowledge. :cheer2:

Thanks again and have a good week everyone! :goodvibes

THANK YOU! And here is loads of pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: that you stay healthy for this trip and have a most magical time. :)

Hope you are having a magical time (sorry I missed you before you left). :upsidedow

We don't use the buses as we always have a rental car and just enjoy driving. However, since I was asked to take over this thread, I decided I should take at least one bus to see how it was. We took a bus to the MK at around 5:30 or so at night and it was 3/4 empty--I was shocked (and this was getting on at the last stop).

Does anyone know if the CSR marina will be open (specifically the sea-raycers) during late April & early May?

I am trying to find out if there has been any change or if this is still "seasonably" -- which really means "if it is busy". Personally, I would not rent a sea racyer at the CSR as the lake is really not that big and you can't wander off property; I would rent it at the CR or the Poly where you have the huge area of water to roam.

:woohoo:Faxing request today, then it's off to CSR on Friday! I'll try to take lots of pictures and bring you all back an info filled review. I'm so excited!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Pics of the inside of the arcade room if you can (we've had a lot of requests). Have a most magical time and can't wait to see your pictures. :cloud9:

We check in 2 weeks from tomorrow. Does anyone know if king rooms are only at certain locations? Or are they basically all over the park? I still can't decide which area to request for our very first "Mommy and Daddy only" trip.:hug: Since the kids aren't with us this time, proximity to the pool is not so important.

Also I'm a little worried. This is my first time arriving at Disney late at night. And since my husband may be arriving later than me, I could be alone. We've never stayed at a resort as big as CSR before. Will I have a hard time finding my way to the room at night if I am alone? :scared: This may affect which bldg I should request.

King rooms are throughout the resort. Do you have a specific area that you are interested in? Mark and I did not arrive until midnight last year and we had no trouble finding our room -- and it was our first time in the Cabanas (I think you'll be fine). They will give you a map which is most helpful (read it before you leave the lobby in case you have a question).

We want to book CSR again - can we have 3 adults and 1 child in the room - or will it be extra for the 3rd adult???

4 people total

I just know that when we booked an AllStar resort a while back, we had to pay extra, per night, for my mother to stay in the same room with myself, my husband and our 3 yr old.

thanks!
jen

Jen, any adult over "two" is always extra at every resort. Iit is $15 per night for each adult over the two.

There is a possibility that it will be open around Mother's Day, but no "official" word on that as of yet.

We can't wait this will be our second time a CSR we loved it
even more then animal kingdom lodge

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Well as of this week we are PAID IN FULL and READY TO GO!! Now how do I make 44 days go by FAST.....

The departure day will be here before you know it. :hug:

I would ask one of the people with the golf carts out front to drive you. They were wonderful, we got a ride after walking over to the main building from Ranchos back to our room after 11pm one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter