Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we are finally on our way after a very eventful week. DS got bit by my moms dog and needed stitches last night. He is ok and it delayed things a bit, but we are finally on the road. Be back in 2 weeks hope every has a great couple if weeks.

Just back this afternoon, a quick note before I forget then I will post a review later tonight or tomorrow.

Bus stop #1 under construction but looks to be finished soon as they did some paving Friday. Temp bus stop is just on the sidewalk.

Also construction on the courtyard/fountain area of Casita #1.

Something i didn't know before going was that the Plaza rest. in MK is under construction and the windows are boarded up. We ate there anyway and the food was good but the construction definitely takes away from the charm of that restaurant.

Katmark, glad to hear your brother is on the mend, just read all the pages I missed while at CSR this past week.

More later...

Just back this afternoon, a quick note before I forget then I will post a review later tonight or tomorrow.

Bus stop #1 under construction but looks to be finished soon as they did some paving Friday. Temp bus stop is just on the sidewalk.

Also construction on the courtyard/fountain area of Casita #1.

Something i didn't know before going was that the Plaza rest. in MK is under construction and the windows are boarded up. We ate there anyway and the food was good but the construction definitely takes away from the charm of that restaurant.

Katmark, glad to hear your brother is on the mend, just read all the pages I missed while at CSR this past week.

More later...

Vicb, thank you for the updates. And thanks for the words about my brother. Unfortunately, he was supposed to come home today, but he was not able to. They were getting paperwork done and then the doctor came in and said his blood work for his kidneys showed something they need to look further into. Always something...hopefully this is only a minor setback.

Can't wait to see your report (and I can understand the boarded windows at the Plaza taking away from the charm...but I do love their food).

Well we are finally on our way after a very eventful week. DS got bit by my moms dog and needed stitches last night. He is ok and it delayed things a bit, but we are finally on the road. Be back in 2 weeks hope every has a great couple if weeks.

Hope your son is okay; have a magical trip!

AndyChris14, we stayed at POR and it was our least favorite stay. I will say that the POR is beautiful and like most we really enjoyed their food court. It was never packed and the food was very good. However, although the rooms were also very nice (we stayed in both the 'cabin and the mansion rooms'), it seemed the "Disney feel" was missing from the whole place. And we walked so much to get from place to place, we were just exhausted. I know others really love it, but for us....we won't be returning. I am looking forward to CSR for the first time :goodvibes

Just back this afternoon from our first stay at CSR. Many thanks to all on this board who have answered my questions these past months and to those who have posted their experiences. We have always stayed at deluxes so knew there would be a few things I'd miss at CSR but went into it with an open mind and..... we had a really nice stay there and it is a very nice resort all in all.

rooms: requested connecting rooms in Casitas 4 or 5, away from elevators, paid for a standard view. We got rooms 4144 and 43 which were connecting in Casita 4, faced a courtyard and just beyond that was parking lot and bus stop 2. Never heard any car or bus noise. I had sent in a fax, no idea if that made a difference or not. Can see how some say the rooms are more "motel-ish" than the deluxes but they were just fine. Loved having a fridge (had made a grocery stop for water and breakfast food), loved the flat screen tv for our olympics fix, beds were comfy and housekeeping was good all week.

transportation: buses worked just fine for us, longest wait was 15 min mid-day for bus to Epcot. Even the drive to MK wasn't bad. Had to stand on bus only after Illuminations. Did take a cab twice to BW to save time and once to AKL for our brunch, again to save time. Cost of both cab rides between $8-$10 plus tip, there were 4 of us.

dining: ate at Pepper Market once for dinner, yes it is a bit over priced and a bit odd in terms of set up but the food we had was ok (ham sand, chicken ceasar salad, fruit plate and pasta) . We ate dinner there before heading to MK for eve. emh so it was very convenient. Also ate breakfast there, it was busy but again the food was decent. Did not try Mayan Grille. Got some desserts in the take out place, muffins and cookies, selection always seemed a bit picked over in the evening.

pools: our weather was not exactly conducive to hanging out at the pool much. We did a couple of hours at Dig Site the first day, it was a rocking place. Water was warm, DS (14) not impressed with jaguar slide (SAB and BWI Keister coaster hard acts to follow :rolleyes:) DH and DS tried quiet pool one afternoon but the water was freezing so they hopped right out and ran back to room for hot showers!

cm's: almost all were really friendly and helpful. Only crabby one was in the PM at breakfast. many were very chatty, including the hostess whose name tag showed her home town to be Port-au-prince Haiti. She seemed pleased with the support and concern guests had been showing her, and also the very nice cashier in Panchitos who was from our hometown!

conventions: one arrived mid-week. Yes they were in abundance in El Centro and walking around but it did not bother us. They seemed pretty busy and we never saw them in the parks or on the buses. That didn't bother me. We saw plenty of conventioneers on the BW both nights we ate dinner there!

grounds: wow, really pretty. The landscaping is so nice and the theme is nicely done. The lake is pretty. The walk to the pool was a bit longish but not overly so and the walk to El Centro was only a few minutes.

Be happy to answer any questions. :)

Just back this afternoon from our first stay at CSR. Many thanks to all on this board who have answered my questions these past months and to those who have posted their experiences. We have always stayed at deluxes so knew there would be a few things I'd miss at CSR but went into it with an open mind and..... we had a really nice stay there and it is a very nice resort all in all.

rooms: requested connecting rooms in Casitas 4 or 5, away from elevators, paid for a standard view. We got rooms 4144 and 43 which were connecting in Casita 4, faced a courtyard and just beyond that was parking lot and bus stop 2. Never heard any car or bus noise. I had sent in a fax, no idea if that made a difference or not. Can see how some say the rooms are more "motel-ish" than the deluxes but they were just fine. Loved having a fridge (had made a grocery stop for water and breakfast food), loved the flat screen tv for our olympics fix, beds were comfy and housekeeping was good all week.

transportation: buses worked just fine for us, longest wait was 15 min mid-day for bus to Epcot. Even the drive to MK wasn't bad. Had to stand on bus only after Illuminations. Did take a cab twice to BW to save time and once to AKL for our brunch, again to save time. Cost of both cab rides between $8-$10 plus tip, there were 4 of us.

dining: ate at Pepper Market once for dinner, yes it is a bit over priced and a bit odd in terms of set up but the food we had was ok (ham sand, chicken ceasar salad, fruit plate and pasta) . We ate dinner there before heading to MK for eve. emh so it was very convenient. Also ate breakfast there, it was busy but again the food was decent. Did not try Mayan Grille. Got some desserts in the take out place, muffins and cookies, selection always seemed a bit picked over in the evening.

pools: our weather was not exactly conducive to hanging out at the pool much. We did a couple of hours at Dig Site the first day, it was a rocking place. Water was warm, DS (14) not impressed with jaguar slide (SAB and BWI Keister coaster hard acts to follow :rolleyes:) DH and DS tried quiet pool one afternoon but the water was freezing so they hopped right out and ran back to room for hot showers!

cm's: almost all were really friendly and helpful. Only crabby one was in the PM at breakfast. many were very chatty, including the hostess whose name tag showed her home town to be Port-au-prince Haiti. She seemed pleased with the support and concern guests had been showing her, and also the very nice cashier in Panchitos who was from our hometown!

conventions: one arrived mid-week. Yes they were in abundance in El Centro and walking around but it did not bother us. They seemed pretty busy and we never saw them in the parks or on the buses. That didn't bother me. We saw plenty of conventioneers on the BW both nights we ate dinner there!

grounds: wow, really pretty. The landscaping is so nice and the theme is nicely done. The lake is pretty. The walk to the pool was a bit longish but not overly so and the walk to El Centro was only a few minutes.

Thank you so much for your review and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the CSR. :)

Made our final payment yesterday after digging out a foot of snow. This is our first trip ever and the excitement is so overwhelming, it is all any of us talk about!! Hoping for free dining to come out for us soon so I can start planning our second trip :)

Thanks for the review. Those are the exact buildings that we requested except we have a waterview room. I really hope we get one of these buildings. DH really loves the looks of the Casitas.

Thanks in part to this thread - we picked CSR and can't wait! :banana: Some many of my questions have been answered here, thank you. Our first day we arrive at MCO @ 2:30. Will we be in our room by 4pm? Debating DTD that 1st night or EPCOT. Does it really take 45 min by bus from CSR to DTD? How late is the pool and pool bar open until? Can we bring food from Pepper Market (a little scared based on some things Ive read but hoping for the best) to the pool area to eat? Any recommendations for the best items at Pepper Market? What about Mara Grill? I am thinking of skipping it! Also what would be the best way to Poly from CSR, in the event we decide to watch Wishes from the beach that 1st night intead - thanks!!!!

Thanks in part to this thread - we picked CSR and can't wait! :banana: Some many of my questions have been answered here, thank you. Our first day we arrive at MCO @ 2:30. Will we be in our room by 4pm? Debating DTD that 1st night or EPCOT. Does it really take 45 min by bus from CSR to DTD? How late is the pool and pool bar open until? Can we bring food from Pepper Market (a little scared based on some things Ive read but hoping for the best) to the pool area to eat? Any recommendations for the best items at Pepper Market? What about Mara Grill? I am thinking of skipping it! Also what would be the best way to Poly from CSR, in the event we decide to watch Wishes from the beach that 1st night intead - thanks!!!!

We have stayed at CSR twice and are planning to stay again in October. 45 min to DTD is probably fair if you include the time you spend waiting for the bus. It may not take quite that long, but it is a longer bus ride compared to the parks.

We have always liked the Pepper Market. Maybe its because we are always on the dining plan so we are not looking at the cost of the food. I think a lot of the issues are related to the value of the food, not necessarily the food itself. Yes you can take the food to go and go the pool area. You save the 10% gratuity if you get your food to go. I can't think of what items we have ordered from PM off hand. I remember a chicken ceasar salad being good and I think they had roast chicken one time. Bakery items are yummy.

We have done Maya Grill 2x. It is a nice restaurant. I wouldn't choose it over some of the nicer restaurants in WDW, but if you want a night where you are not travelling for dinner it is a nice alternative and you may likely be able to get in with out an ADR.

Best way to get to the Poly is to take the bus to MK and then the boat to the Poly. You can also take the monorail, but I think the boat is faster.

We just returned from a stay at CSR and I thought I would give a mini review.

I decided not to request a location as there seems to be good and bad with every location. We ended up in Ranchos 7B which turned out to be perfect for us. We were across the parking lot from stop 4 which was super convenient. The quiet pool was just on the other side of our building and the Dig Site was was right behind it. Very very convenient for a 12 year old that HAD to swim even though it was cold and HAD to go to the arcade a few times. :) We even let him go to the arcade by himself.
It was about a 5-7 minute walk over to El Centro but we didn't mind it at all.
If I had small kids I would probably have preferred to stay in Cabanas as that is closer to El Centro.

We ate at Pepper Market for breakfast 3 times. The first time was great and service was wonderful. Second and third time not so good. DH did not get a refill of coffee both those times and the waitress was no where to be found to ask for it. My son was told to go to a different station then told to got back to the first one before someone would give him scrambled eggs when both of them had it right in front of them. :mad: Not cool.
Mostly every one was friendly and we did see lots of management around in the mornings.

The CM's at the front desk, concierge, and Peppito's were very friendly and talkative.

Housekeeping was good we only had to ask for more coffee the 2nd day and then it was refilled after that. Rooms were clean. In fact the shower was sparkling clean every day.

We did get to go to the Dig Site one afternoon and enjoyed it very much. We had nachos, hot dogs, and fruit at the pool bar and the nachos were very good. Better than I expected to get.

Bus service was excellent. We were on 1/2 empty busses most of the time and rarely waited more than 10 minutes coming or going from the parks.

I would stay there again but I have other resorts to try out first. ;)

Just curious which H2O products do you get at CSR. Are they the H20 brand or the other ones that are H20, but have mickey on them. Also wondering what items you get.

I love the H20 products and I told my DH that since I am downgrading from WL if there are not H20 products in the room I am buying th
em at the gift shop.

Thanks

Just curious which H2O products do you get at CSR. Are they the H20 brand or the other ones that are H20, but have mickey on them. Also wondering what items you get.

I love the H20 products and I told my DH that since I am downgrading from WL if there are not H20 products in the room I am buying th
em at the gift shop.

Thanks

They are a blue bottle with Aquatics on them and the Disney logo at the bottom. They smell good! The soap is round has a mickey head on it.

you get shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap.

We just returned from a stay at CSR and I thought I would give a mini review.

I decided not to request a location as there seems to be good and bad with every location. We ended up in Ranchos 7B which turned out to be perfect for us. We were across the parking lot from stop 4 which was super convenient. The quiet pool was just on the other side of our building and the Dig Site was was right behind it. Very very convenient for a 12 year old that HAD to swim even though it was cold and HAD to go to the arcade a few times. :) We even let him go to the arcade by himself.
It was about a 5-7 minute walk over to El Centro but we didn't mind it at all.
If I had small kids I would probably have preferred to stay in Cabanas as that is closer to El Centro.

We ate at Pepper Market for breakfast 3 times. The first time was great and service was wonderful. Second and third time not so good. DH did not get a refill of coffee both those times and the waitress was no where to be found to ask for it. My son was told to go to a different station then told to got back to the first one before someone would give him scrambled eggs when both of them had it right in front of them. :mad: Not cool.
Mostly every one was friendly and we did see lots of management around in the mornings.

The CM's at the front desk, concierge, and Peppito's were very friendly and talkative.

Housekeeping was good we only had to ask for more coffee the 2nd day and then it was refilled after that. Rooms were clean. In fact the shower was sparkling clean every day.

We did get to go to the Dig Site one afternoon and enjoyed it very much. We had nachos, hot dogs, and fruit at the pool bar and the nachos were very good. Better than I expected to get.

Bus service was excellent. We were on 1/2 empty busses most of the time and rarely waited more than 10 minutes coming or going from the parks.

I would stay there again but I have other resorts to try out first. ;)

Thank you so much for your review. I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the CSR and that your 12-year old loved the pool and the arcade. It's great to read another good report of the CSR. Thank you for sharing. And you've made us really want to try the Ranchos on our next visit -- the only section we've never stayed in.

Thanks so much for your response, I think we will check out Maya Grill at least one night. And for the info on how to get to Poly - we love the taking the boats, so we'll do that for sure!

For all my wonderful CSR friends here, I wanted to let you know that my brother is home from the hospital. He was supposed to come home yesterday but they found something in his blood work effecting his kidneys (turns out it was one of his meds). He is now home and hopefully on his way to a full recovery. Thank you all for your support and prayers...it means the world to me.

For all my wonderful CSR friends here, I wanted to let you know that my brother is home from the hospital. He was supposed to come home yesterday but they found something in his blood work effecting his kidneys (turns out it was one of his meds). He is now home and hopefully on his way to a full recovery. Thank you all for your support and prayers...it means the world to me.

Great news Kathy! :thumbsup2

I'm very glad to hear about your brother! We'll have a drink in yours and his honors in 5 days when we get to WDW :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter