Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Meg. I knew you had them but I couldn't remember where you had posted them (I assumed it was the old CSR thread).

Does CRS still have their own refillable mug design. I think I remember reading that since the PM was not disney owned they had their own mug design?

Does CRS still have their own refillable mug design. I think I remember reading that since the PM was not disney owned they had their own mug design?

No; they stopped that back in the summer some time. They now, unfortuantely, carry the same mug as every one else (I liked the resort specific mug).

I have 2 at home. My girls insisted on bringing them back:rotfl::rotfl:
They have not even looked at them since and they spent 4 months sat on the kitchen table!!

Only 15 days to go till we arrive. Can't wait to get away from freezing temps here.
Swimsuits and shorts are packed already

Another question.

I'm ordering a new stroller for DS off of Amazon and the arrival date is actually the same day we leave for Disney. This won't work (leaving it at our house) because Fed-Ex and UPS don't come until after 7pm.

I think I've read where I can have the item shipped to the resort? Is that possible? I'm an Amazon prime member so it costs me $3.99 for overnight shipping and I waited one day too late to place the order to guarantee Monday delivery. The stroller is not available locally anywhere so this is really my only option (and I don't want to rent one because there is a $20 difference in renting one versus buying this one outright.)

Thanks!

I did it! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: I switched our December reservation today from CBR to CSR. :santa:

Thanks for all the great information.

Krista

Another question.

I'm ordering a new stroller for DS off of Amazon and the arrival date is actually the same day we leave for Disney. This won't work (leaving it at our house) because Fed-Ex and UPS don't come until after 7pm.

I think I've read where I can have the item shipped to the resort? Is that possible? I'm an Amazon prime member so it costs me $3.99 for overnight shipping and I waited one day too late to place the order to guarantee Monday delivery. The stroller is not available locally anywhere so this is really my only option (and I don't want to rent one because there is a $20 difference in renting one versus buying this one outright.)

Thanks!

You could do this; however, the CSR Business Center might charge you a fee if it is coming Federal Express. I'm not sure...I know they do charge for some things but I don't know details as I never have sent anything.

I did it! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: I switched our December reservation today from CBR to CSR. :santa:

Thanks for all the great information.

Krista

Congratulations! :woohoo:

Kat,
I should have updated. I called earlier because my window for overnight shipping to arrive on the 2nd was slipping away. The person I talked to gave me the address and all the information to put on the shipping level and said there would be no charge to have it delivered there. I was told it would be waiting at bell services for me? I hope she was correct.

We're staying at CSR 4/13-4/20. It is our first trip ever to disney and can't wait! However, it will be myself, husband, son (17), and daughter (8). I can sleep with my daughter, but my son is not thrilled with the idea of sleeping with his stepfather and said he'd sleep on the floor. : (

I understand my sons point and respect his feelings but I don't want him to sleep on the floor! We have a waterview room w/ two beds. Any suggestions? Would there even be room for him to sleep on the floor? Help!

Back from our trip. CSR was so beautiful. I only had one issue. While we were there there was a convention (go figure at at convention hotel :rolleyes:). Seems Granger was there, I do not remember seeing that listed on list of conventions. Well the problem is when we checked in I asked for Casita's and a waterview room when I make my ressies as this was close enough to main buildings, by a private pool and close to bus stop. I knew the main pool was closed thanks to this thread. But the CM at the desk insisted we would be much happier away from the convention and put us in Rancho's :scared1:. She pointed out on the map where this was, I voiced my concern about it being the furtherest from main buildings and the distance for walking. We both are not that young anymore:rolleyes1. But she kept insisting this was the way to go. Finally DH gave up and said it was fine. We were close to a bus stop. She mentioned as she handed us the folder if we found we were not happy they would move us. ????? Why not give us what we wanted to begin with? We are ones after we unpack we do not want to repack, and unpack again. No win situation for us. Also note my view was a parking lot.

Let me tell you when ever we wanted to go to the store or Pepper Market. (DH loves it there), We had a big hike ahead of us. Also it took us 3 days to figure out we were bus 4 and not bus 3. Each time going or coming from bus 3 we tended to make a wrong turn. I know not too quick were we. At least once walking from our room to the main building one of the carts for picking up Granger did stop and offer us a ride. Bless that CM. Let me tell you never again am I going to let someone tell me what they think is best for us when I know better. :mad:

We're staying at CSR 4/13-4/20. It is our first trip ever to disney and can't wait! However, it will be myself, husband, son (17), and daughter (8). I can sleep with my daughter, but my son is not thrilled with the idea of sleeping with his stepfather and said he'd sleep on the floor. : (

I understand my sons point and respect his feelings but I don't want him to sleep on the floor! We have a waterview room w/ two beds. Any suggestions? Would there even be room for him to sleep on the floor? Help!

How about bringing an air mattress? That's what we did for our POR stay. The mattress and pump fit in a small duffle bag and was my dh's carry on for the plane so it didn't add weight/space in our checked luggage. The air mattress fit between the bed and door and we propped it up during the day.

Can he sleep with his little sister? I don't see a problem with that.

Hi there, We are trying to plan our next trip, but on our last 2 visits the resort has been full of teenage Brazillians. Can anyone tell me when they are usually at the resort . We usually stay there in July . We would like to avoid them if possible as they took over the pool and hot tub. I think it was something to do with a football tournament ?
thanks cjay

We arrive at CSR next Saturday, the 6th (woohoo!), and I was thinking of ordering some groceries for the room via netgrocer.com. We'll definitely need to keep some supplies in the room for early morning munchies (have character bfasts every morning, and kids will need something to tie them over for mid to late morning ones). I'm wondering, however, if we really need to order in advance, or if we'll be able to find what we need at the market at CSR. The prices on netgrocer weren't that cheap, so with shipping I'm thinking it might be the same as just buying it once we arrive.

Here's what we'll need while we're there:
Mini-bagels
Milk (in Parmalat cartons)
Pull-Ups
fresh fruit (know I can't ship this - any available there?)
snacky stuff (pretzels, juice boxes, etc)

And... just to make sure I'm correct, they DO have fridges in all of the rooms, right? I thought I read this, but when I did the online check-in thing a few days ago, I had a check a box to request a fridge for an additional fee...?

Thanks so much for your help... so excited!!

Can you request a cot?

I agree totally!! I also asked for Casitas and was given Ranchos. I UNDERSTAND that it is just a request, but there was no reason to put anybody in the Ranchos section with the pool closed. I chose this time of year with the knowledge that it was the slower season and I also knew that things would be going under refurbs. There were plenty of empty rooms in the Casitas section. The busses were EMPTY in the morning and at night. The staff at the Pepper Market mentioned that they have rarely seen the resort this empty. Other than the PM (which was wonderful!!), I see no reason to stay here again. If a request is made, the resort should do their best to honor it, and in this case they did not. Save the Ranchos section for those who do not make requests.

Back from our trip. CSR was so beautiful. I only had one issue. While we were there there was a convention (go figure at at convention hotel :rolleyes:). Seems Granger was there, I do not remember seeing that listed on list of conventions. Well the problem is when we checked in I asked for Casita's and a waterview room when I make my ressies as this was close enough to main buildings, by a private pool and close to bus stop. I knew the main pool was closed thanks to this thread. But the CM at the desk insisted we would be much happier away from the convention and put us in Rancho's :scared1:. She pointed out on the map where this was, I voiced my concern about it being the furtherest from main buildings and the distance for walking. We both are not that young anymore:rolleyes1. But she kept insisting this was the way to go. Finally DH gave up and said it was fine. We were close to a bus stop. She mentioned as she handed us the folder if we found we were not happy they would move us. ????? Why not give us what we wanted to begin with? We are ones after we unpack we do not want to repack, and unpack again. No win situation for us. Also note my view was a parking lot.

Let me tell you when ever we wanted to go to the store or Pepper Market. (DH loves it there), We had a big hike ahead of us. Also it took us 3 days to figure out we were bus 4 and not bus 3. Each time going or coming from bus 3 we tended to make a wrong turn. I know not too quick were we. At least once walking from our room to the main building one of the carts for picking up Granger did stop and offer us a ride. Bless that CM. Let me tell you never again am I going to let someone tell me what they think is best for us when I know better. :mad:

I'm just wondering and not flaming did you pay for a waterview room? The reason I am asking is because we did (no choice with the code) and if I do not get it I will be VERY upset. If I pay for it then I expect it to be available if not they will have to find another waterview room somewhere else on property for me.

Hi there, We are trying to plan our next trip, but on our last 2 visits the resort has been full of teenage Brazillians. Can anyone tell me when they are usually at the resort . We usually stay there in July . We would like to avoid them if possible as they took over the pool and hot tub. I think it was something to do with a football tournament ?
thanks cjay

The groups were there in March last year when we were there. Not too bad just a lot of people trying to stay together and we were there during Magic Music days too. So LOTS of groups.

I'm sorry you didn't get the section you requested. But I would have been very upset if they put me in a section that I didn't want and then didn't give me what I paid for -- a waterview. Are you sure you paid for a waterview? If so, I would call and question this and ask for the difference in a refund.

thanks cjay

You will find them at ALL resorts (well, maybe not the deluxes, but definitely the values and moderates). I'm not sure it was a football tournament as football is played in the fall time (unless in Brazil it is played in the summer???...do they even play football in Brazil?).

We arrive at CSR next Saturday, the 6th (woohoo!), and I was thinking of ordering some groceries for the room via netgrocer.com. We'll definitely need to keep some supplies in the room for early morning munchies (have character bfasts every morning, and kids will need something to tie them over for mid to late morning ones). I'm wondering, however, if we really need to order in advance, or if we'll be able to find what we need at the market at CSR. The prices on netgrocer weren't that cheap, so with shipping I'm thinking it might be the same as just buying it once we arrive.

Here's what we'll need while we're there:
Mini-bagels
Milk (in Parmalat cartons)
Pull-Ups
fresh fruit (know I can't ship this - any available there?)
snacky stuff (pretzels, juice boxes, etc)

And... just to make sure I'm correct, they DO have fridges in all of the rooms, right? I thought I read this, but when I did the online check-in thing a few days ago, I had a check a box to request a fridge for an additional fee...?

Thanks so much for your help... so excited!!

Online check-in lists refrigerators on all of their check ins (value, moderate, deluxe, etc). This is because you MUST request it for a value. All of the moderates and above come with a fridge at no cost to you.

I know that the gift shop at the CSR has milk and snack stuff; I'm not sure about the pull-ups (my kids are 21 and almost 24 so I've not needed those in a while. ;) ). As for fresh fruit, I know they have this at Cafe Rix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter