Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- July 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME start KAT!!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the hard work and the PICS!!!!!!!

Cant wait for our stay in Sept........

:worship:

When I was there in October of 2008 I was told that Room Service does NOT take the DDP. I'm not sure why.
I didn't mind and paid OOP for a wonderful breakfast...so nice to have it delivered hot and fast.

Thanks for doing this Kathy! I love this thread it so helpful :goodvibes

Kathy,

Great new thread - well done! Remember if there are any specific pictures you want taken whe we go in September (we are there for 14nights this time!) please ask.

I will try and get the updated menus for all the restaurants & room service if you would like? I can also get some photos of the inside of the PM & Maya Grill as well if you want to add them?

Anyway, thanks for doing this. It will be our last stay at CSR for a while as we bought into DVC recently but we still love the place :love:

All I can say is WOW!!!! Kathy you did such a fabulous job. Thanks so much for all the hard work that we know went into this. All the information is arranged so perfectly and the pictures are gorgeous. Like a previous poster, I didn't really think that I'd give CSR another try, but thanks to you and the CSR FAQ thread I am really looking forward to both my trips to CSR in Sept/Oct and then again in Dec. I have to admit that even the Ranchos look much better than I thought they did when I was there before.:rotfl: That's still the one area I don't want to be assigned to, but at least I don't think it'd be the end of the world now if I did get stuck out there.:rotfl: Thanks again for all your hard work.

Which brings me to a question, honestly, why isn't CSR a deluxe? Exterior corridors? After going thru your opening posts, I can't see a difference. : )

CSR is definitely Disney's best value. You get so much for your money compared to the other resorts.

As to why it is not a deluxe, I'd have to say it is because of the exterior corridors. Most of the deluxes offer some kind of transportation other than buses (boat, monorail, walking), but AKL doesn't. Now that CSR has the queen beds, there is very little difference. And I actually prefer the exterior corridors at CSR - with the buildings all separate and the landscaping so well done, no one walks by your room unless they are in your building. It is much quieter than having someone run up and down the halls of your building.

Great job putting this CSR thread together, Kathy! We stayed at CSR for the first time this past spring. Having only stayed at BC in the past, I was a bit worried, but we wanted to go easy on the budget. We loved it so much, we're returning in Sept for the Food & Wine Festival and staying at CSR again! It has beautiful grounds to walk, and our renovated room was just perfect! And the bus service was the best ever! So much quicker and less crowded than when we were at the BC. There were 2 conventions overlapping each other while we were there, and the place was empty during the daytime, since they were all at their meetings. :goodvibes

Thanks for the new thread Kathy - it looks great :thumbsup2

Thank you. :)

I didn't realize CSR had "real" room service, that's something to consider. Ds is "to the manor born" apparently and loves having breakfast brought to him. I try to do it once on every vacation, but so far haven't on Disney trips.

Thanks for all the work, Kathy, it looks great. :goodvibes

Glad you like it!

Kathy, I just want you to know, if I hadn't recently joined DVC, you would have me totally sold on CSR. In fact, I know we can use points to stay at CSR, and I think I just might try it sometime (staying at a deluxe on points is exorbitant, but the mods are fairly reasonable.) Which brings me to a question, honestly, why isn't CSR a deluxe? Exterior corridors? After going thru your opening posts, I can't see a difference. Anyway, just wanted to say "great work" and thanks for all you do on these forums : )

Thank you. I do hope you try it some time. CSR is terrific. And for those exterior corridors...we actually prefer them; I love Florida and I like being able to walk directly outside in the morning.

AWESOME start KAT!!!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the hard work and the PICS!!!!!!!

Cant wait for our stay in Sept........

:worship:

Thanks, Mark. Your time is coming quickly.

Thanks for doing this Kathy! I love this thread it so helpful :goodvibes

Thanks, gemmybear!

Kathy,

Great new thread - well done! Remember if there are any specific pictures you want taken whe we go in September (we are there for 14nights this time!) please ask.

I will try and get the updated menus for all the restaurants & room service if you would like? I can also get some photos of the inside of the PM & Maya Grill as well if you want to add them?

Yes, I definitely would like pictures of the inside of PM and Maya Grill, as well as updated menu pics.

Anyway, thanks for doing this. It will be our last stay at CSR for a while as we bought into DVC recently but we still love the place :love:

Also, I think I went a little "heavy" on the Casitas pictures--can you tell it's our favorite? So you, or anyone else who is going, some additional pictures of the Ranchos and the Cabanas areas would be great so I can add those to that section. And perhaps one of the bathroom with the new shower curtain and the laundry room. Okay...I'm getting greedy now. :rotfl:

All I can say is WOW!!!! Kathy you did such a fabulous job. Thanks so much for all the hard work that we know went into this. All the information is arranged so perfectly and the pictures are gorgeous. Like a previous poster, I didn't really think that I'd give CSR another try, but thanks to you and the CSR FAQ thread I am really looking forward to both my trips to CSR in Sept/Oct and then again in Dec. I have to admit that even the Ranchos look much better than I thought they did when I was there before.:rotfl: That's still the one area I don't want to be assigned to, but at least I don't think it'd be the end of the world now if I did get stuck out there.:rotfl: Thanks again for all your hard work.

Thanks, Aubriee! That means a lot to me. You are the one I will sit on pins and needles the most until after your trip. ;) But I have a good feeling that you will enjoy your trip this time.

Shhhhhhh! Don 't give them any ideas!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Great job putting this CSR thread together, Kathy! We stayed at CSR for the first time this past spring. Having only stayed at BC in the past, I was a bit worried, but we wanted to go easy on the budget. We loved it so much, we're returning in Sept for the Food & Wine Festival and staying at CSR again! It has beautiful grounds to walk, and our renovated room was just perfect! And the bus service was the best ever! So much quicker and less crowded than when we were at the BC. There were 2 conventions overlapping each other while we were there, and the place was empty during the daytime, since they were all at their meetings. :goodvibes

That's one of the many things I love about the CSR--how empty it always feels even with a convention or two in attendance. Those poor saps are in meetings and I get to lay by the pool or in my hammock and enjoy my margarita or pina colada. ;)

Wow! You've got a lot up here already! It looks great! Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Thanks. The hardest part of doing/putting this together was I would get sad every once in awhile because we aren't going this year. :sad1: But I was happy to do it for all of my fellow CSR lovers, lurkers and newcomers.

I just wanted to pop in and thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into making this great new site for all of us. Your excitement is an inspiration for all of us who have yet to try this beautiful resort. Keep those gorgeous pictures coming. Thanks again, dear lady.....:goodvibes

Thanks. The hardest part of doing/putting this together was I would get sad every once in awhile because we aren't going this year. :sad1: But I was happy to do it for all of my fellow CSR lovers, lurkers and newcomers.

For as much promotion as you do for them, they should send you for free. Hang in there Kathy. I just got a job after being out of work for 7 months. (Yay!) Things just might turn around soon!

KatMark - I'll have to add my thanks too! I love the pictures and even though I've been here 3 times, your thread is getting me excited all over again for our Sept. trip.

There were a couple disappointments here on my recent trip, but I still think its my favorite mod. Queen beds, a great pool area, and really good bus service make this one of the best deals at Disney :goodvibes!

Kat you did a great job!

Such a great job, that I have a new question ;)

I know PM and Rix can count as QS meals, but what about Sietas and Laguna?

For as much promotion as you do for them, they should send you for free. Hang in there Kathy. I just got a job after being out of work for 7 months. (Yay!) Things just might turn around soon!

Exactly what I was going to say! :thumbsup2

I hope things turn around for you, and you're back in that hammock soon!

Kat you did a great job!

I can answer this one -- I asked the same question myself on the dining plan board. Siestas takes the dining plan, but Laguna does not.

Thank you for all your patience while I got this up. Thanks to all who sent me pictures. Special thanks to Megan (TinkerBelle 325) who heled me put the FAQ thread together...editing, revising, etc. And thanks to an old friend who allowed me to copy a lot of info. :)

This is a work in progress and we will add info as we get it.

Please feel free to add pictures, questions, reviews, etc. to our updated thread.

Kathy :)

Kathy, the new thread looks FANTASTIC! :goodvibes and I was happy to help! :thumbsup2

I'll add some of my pictures shortly and I'll take TONS when I'm there in 11 days!!

Kat, you did a fantastic job with this thread, everything looks great.

I hope to get some good pictures when I go in October that you can add to the thread!

2 months and 13 days till CSR! Still a long ways away but I'm excited already!

I just wanted to pop in and thank you so much for all the hard work you have put into making this great new site for all of us. Your excitement is an inspiration for all of us who have yet to try this beautiful resort. Keep those gorgeous pictures coming. Thanks again, dear lady.....:goodvibes

Thanks, Lou-Ann! :)

Uh....don't think that will happen...

KatMark - I'll have to add my thanks too! I love the pictures and even though I've been here 3 times, your thread is getting me excited all over again for our Sept. trip.

There were a couple disappointments here on my recent trip, but I still think its my favorite mod. Queen beds, a great pool area, and really good bus service make this one of the best deals at Disney :goodvibes!

I hope this trip has NO disappointments.

Kat you did a great job!

Thanks...and I know your question was answered.

Exactly what I was going to say! :thumbsup2

I hope things turn around for you, and you're back in that hammock soon!

Thank you....maybe TinkerBelle_325 can talk them into it when she is there in 11 days! :rotfl2:

Kathy, the new thread looks FANTASTIC! :goodvibes and I was happy to help! :thumbsup2

I'll add some of my pictures shortly and I'll take TONS when I'm there in 11 days!!

I thank you again for your help! I felt so much better having you look it over and add/change as you saw fit. I think we did good!

Kat, you did a fantastic job with this thread, everything looks great.

I hope to get some good pictures when I go in October that you can add to the thread!

2 months and 13 days till CSR! Still a long ways away but I'm excited already!

Thank you. The more pictures, the better!

Great job, thanks for the fantastic pics ! We leave in 4 days from California for a 7 day stay, then the 3 day cruise....stayed at All Star Sports last year and really liked it, but wanted to try more deluxe property with the 3 night free deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter