Coronado or Wilderness Lodge?

earstoyou

Earning My Ears
Going mid April, we usually stay at Riverside but wanted to try a new resort. It’s me,my husband and two daughters (they are in their twenties)
Food options? Pools?

Wilderness Lodge. We did both in July and missed Wilderness Lodge a lot. One of the best themed pools in Disneyworld. Geyser Point Grill is also one of my favorite places to eat & overlooks the lake. Wilderness Lodge transports you to a beautiful lodge. Coronado was nice to try but it was no Port Orleans (We love riverside).

Those are almost totally opposite from each other. It would depend on a few factors. Budget being the first, obviously CS is going to be less.

Do you spend a lot of time at MK? WL would win then because of it's proximity but other than going to MK, you pretty much are going to have to bus everywhere from there so transportation is about even. Yes, I know you could boat to MK then monorail from there to TTC then to Epcot but really, I think bus might win on that.

Both have some pretty good food choices, I haven't tried the new places at CS but they look pretty good.

What kind of room are you thinking of? With 4 adults, you could certainly fit in a regular room but the girls are going to have to share a bed and that's not a lot of bathroom space for 3 women.

I would take CS over Riverside but I love the Southwest theme and the fact that it's a convention hotel is actually a plus for me since you get more amenities. WL, SS and Riv. are the only deluxe resorts I haven't stayed at but I have visited WL many times. I've stayed at CS a few times. The rooms are going to be bigger at WL so with 4 adults that is going to help.

So, it all depends on your wants and needs and budget. All things being equal, even with budget aside, I'd probably choose CS but then, I'm not a big MK fan.

Wilderness Lodge. Better food options, better pool, relaxing and tranquil atmosphere. Some of the best Cast Members on property, and just a short boat ride to Magic Kingdom and the monorail resorts, which opens up a large number of dining options.

Can't go wrong with either, we loved them both.

CSR is probably our (all adults) favorite OVERALL when you factor in things like location, diverse themes, dining options, price etc.

But if you can stay at WL in your budget, that would be my vote.

Coronado if its in the Gran Destino Tower.
Otherwise Wilderness Lodge.
Totally agree with this!

GDT is wonderful especially for the price. WL is beautiful too, but for the price the rooms are so small. I would rather save WL for when I am traveling with just myself and one other person....if I am wanting Deluxe and traveling with more people I usually choose YC or the Polynesian.

I am a big fan of Wilderness Lodge after 2 consecutive trips. However I haven't stayed at Coronado, which is next on my resort list, so I have nothing to compare it against with Wilderness Lodge. Now that I think about it, Wilderness Lodge (the resort area) is kind of small, actually. Like, French Quarter small, so it's easy to get around quickly. Both have a restaurant on/near the water.

Wilderness Lodge is very charming.
Coronado is a short car ride away from a McDonald's. :rotfl:

WL is super relaxing. Coronado is a bit more fun, I think. Proximity is huge - if you'll be at MK a lot, I'd do WL.

I would vote for Coronado! Yes the lobby at the WL is amazing but I am not a fan of it's location. Yes, it is fantastic for going to the MK. But in my opinion, it is not close to the other parks. I prefer Coronado because I feel that it is more centrally located and I like the pool better. The Coronado pool is bigger so it doesn't seem as crowded. I also like the lounges at Coronado...with The Three Bridges being my favorite. Have fun deciding!

I have not stayed at Wilderness Lodge (I'm not a big wilderness person...no camping, hiking, etc. so the themeing is lost on me), but I adore Coronado Springs!!!

And for those bringing up the food options at Wilderness Lodge, Coronado has its own: setting aside El Mercado (which unless it has changed recently is still grab and go), there is Rix, Toledo, and Three Bridges (which is AWESOME and has IMHO the best burger on property) plus Barcelona Lounge and Dahlia Lounge. The pool is really nice as well (and I'm not a pool person as a rule - they skeeve me out). I was in a Standard room in July and am going back in August for a stay in Gran Destino Tower and cannot wait!!

WL all the way! Of all the resorts we have stayed at that is the one we would love to go back to. But like everything else at Disney these days they have priced us out. Not in the sense that we cannot afford it because we can afford to stay at any TRUE five star hotel anywhere in America. It's in the sense that they are charging SIX STAR HOTEL prices for something that, compared to the rest of the hotel industry, would be hard pressed to hold a three star rating. Just my opinion.

Thank you everyone. GDT isn’t available so we are going with WL. We will be at MK twice so I like the idea of a short boat ride
and leaving the park for a short break.
I love Geyser Point for a casual bite with outdoor atmosphere but plenty of roof to cover you from the elements 😉

And WL was just refurbed so the rooms should still be in good shape in April!

WL all the way! Of all the resorts we have stayed at that is the one we would love to go back to. But like everything else at Disney these days they have priced us out. Not in the sense that we cannot afford it because we can afford to stay at any TRUE five star hotel anywhere in America. It's in the sense that they are charging SIX STAR HOTEL prices for something that, compared to the rest of the hotel industry, would be hard pressed to hold a three star rating. Just my opinion.
Location, location, location. Can’t boat to MK from any cheaper options.

I love Geyser Point for a casual bite with outdoor atmosphere but plenty of roof to cover you from the elements 😉

And WL was just refurbed so the rooms should still be in good shape in April!
Here now at WL and the refurb is so pretty. The design is much nicer than before. Only complaint is the bathroom sinks are very low for some reason but it’s a minor detail that only affects us when we are washing our faces 😂 I LOVE that the floor is not carpet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter