Corn dogs and churros...does it matter where in DL/DCA we get them?

indyannamom

Mouseketeer
DH and I are going to DL for the first time in September. We’ve been to WDW many times, but never DL. There are 2 things we’ve been told to try (because they’re better in DL than WDW), but there are several places in DL to get them from.

Tell me where your favorite churros and corn dogs are from?

Anything else we should add to our “must try” list?

As a purest I like my Corn Dogs from the Little Red Wagon on Main Street USA. But honestly, they (and churros) are the same everywhere.

You can get hot link corn dogs or cheese stick "dogs" from the Corn Dog Castle. And some times you can find "special" flavors of churros at some stands.

My opinion:
DL: corn dogs at Little Red Wagon are better because they are less greasy. We ask for the corn dogs to be made fresh and specify that we don't want the ones that have been sitting. Corn dogs here come with chips, but can be ordered a la carte.
Corn dogs at the Stage Door Cafe come with fries. We think that the corn dogs here are more greasy somehow. They are okay, but not great.
Not a corn dog, but totally worth trying: Ronto Wrap in SWGE! Best hot dog in the park!
DCA: if you want the spicy corn dog (and you do!), go to Corn Dog Castle.
There is a corn dog kiosk/cart in DTD, but we have not tried anything there.

I just tried a corn dog from the little red wagon last night and it was just ok....seemed a little burnt. And I noticed at the bottom near the stick, it was just hot dog and no batter. I definitely prefer the corn dog castle, with the cheese one being my favorite.

Don't get the churros in DTD....not the same as in the parks.

Thank you to everyone who has replied!

The cheese on a stick...is it like string cheese but dipped in corn batter? That’s what’s popping into my head from the description, but I’m guessing.

Churros technically may be the same everywhere, but I feel like the ones at the cart outside of the Haunted Mansion are better for some reason. Fresher, maybe? Maybe I just have had some good timing at that spot.
Prefer the original ... no special flavors.

TIP: you can ask for any entree (corn dog, sandwich, burger) ala carte if you don't want the side; it will be less expensive as well. At some quick service locations, you can also substitute fruit (usually grapes) for the fries

TIP: you can ask for any entree (corn dog, sandwich, burger) ala carte if you don't want the side; it will be less expensive as well. At some quick service locations, you can also substitute fruit (usually grapes) for the fries

I was able to do this at Corn Dog Castle, but when I asked to omit the chips at Refreshment Corner, I was told that the price would remain the same. Are the rules different there, or was I scammed?

Skip the churro and get a funnel cake, much better.

Corn dog from the red wagon is preferred but all are fine. The comedy show place in frontier land will allow you to also order a corn dog if the corn dog place next door has already closed as they share a kitchen.

It's a preference thing. Diehard loyalists only get their favorite treats and their favorite spots. The corndogs are the exact same at DL or CA. Of course the Red Wagon is the classic.

I usually get churros outside of Haunted Mansion. No real reason, it's just a good place to stop and sit for a few.

I was able to do this at Corn Dog Castle, but when I asked to omit the chips at Refreshment Corner, I was told that the price would remain the same. Are the rules different there, or was I scammed?
That's weird. I got this tip from another dis'er awhile back and have not tested it at every location, but, the price was a bit lower at the places I went to and ordered just the entree. Wish they would offer different sides, sometimes I just don't want the chips or fries (and for awhile, because of health and problems with high potassium, I could not eat potatoes).

My husband and I are loyal to the churro cart in Fantasyland, near-ish to IASW. We grab a churro and a frozen lemonade from the stand across the way and sit on the shaded steps nearby.

Although last time we were there (end of April/early May) we tried the various speciality flavours around the park.

If you buy a corn dog at Stagecoach in Frontierland, you can get French fries instead of potato chips.

And second--don't buy churros outside of DL or DCA. The ones in Downtown Disney are not the same ones. Not "real" Disney churros!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter