Coral Reef--Fantastic!

lemonpan

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our trip. (SO FUN!) During my planning, I debated whether or not to dine at Coral Reef. Some of the reviews were "bumpy" to put it mildly.

Once my mum heard that you could view the aquarium from the dining room, she put it on the list. I'll admit, when we walked in, I was nervous. Very nervous!

Well, I didn't need to be! The food was *wonderful*. I enjoyed the Rainbow Trout. It was servered over a bed of beans, tomatoes, bacon, and caramelized onions. Amazing!

For dessert, I ordered the Jack Daniel's mousse. Yum yum1

I know that each experience varies but we enjoyed a wonderful lunch. If you are thinking about Coral Reef, I'd add it to your list. :-)

Mmmmm...we debated endlessly between this and Garden Grill and ended up with GG. This is on my list for our next trip!

So glad to hear this! We have reservations there next Friday, and I too am not 100% certain based in review I have read. Looking forward to it!

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it. In the past, Coral Reef has often taken a real beating in the reviews. But I have always found it to be delightful.

My family and I loved the Coral Reef. I had the catch of the day (I'm pretty sure) and it was great. I heard a lot of great reviews for the rainbow trout, and the chocolate dessert (I forgot what it's called.) Keep asking for what people liked there and try it!

Hi
I've had the Mahi Mahi a few times and it's always been delicious. We've always enjoyed the food there. Also, the chocolate, wave is delicious.

Good to hear. We have an ADR at CR for our last dinner on our upcoming trip. I've read good things & bad things but looking forward to forming my own opinion.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the post. Have an adr for December and glad to hear you enjoyed it.::yes::

I agree! We made a last minute lunch ADR during our trip in Oct and I prepped my family telling them to not have high expectations. We were pleasantly surprised. Good service and very good food.

We went to Coral Reef Spring of 2012 and I had the trout too! It was delicious, the balsamic with white beans and greens - - they nailed it. I also had the jack Daniels mousse, another score. The atomsphere was nice, a bit quieter than most places and food was really good.

Don't know the CR gets such a bad rap! We love it!! The only problem is getting the check at the end of the meal. :confused3 But we know this and request the check with dessert. Which BTW is just as good as dinner!!

Lately I have seen better reviews for CR. so glad because my mom chose it as our CP package ressie and will be there in about two weeks:cool1:

lemonpan said:
We just returned from our trip. (SO FUN!) During my planning, I debated whether or not to dine at Coral Reef. Some of the reviews were "bumpy" to put it mildly.

Once my mum heard that you could view the aquarium from the dining room, she put it on the list. I'll admit, when we walked in, I was nervous. Very nervous!

Well, I didn't need to be! The food was *wonderful*. I enjoyed the Rainbow Trout. It was servered over a bed of beans, tomatoes, bacon, and caramelized onions. Amazing!

For dessert, I ordered the Jack Daniel's mousse. Yum yum1

I know that each experience varies but we enjoyed a wonderful lunch. If you are thinking about Coral Reef, I'd add it to your list. :-)

I agree. We ate there for lunch yesterday and my steak was really good, cooked perfectly. We were seated on time, our waiter did a wonderful job and a really good experience. Coral Reef has really gotten a bad rap, because the food was GOOD.

I agree. We ate there for lunch yesterday and my steak was really good, cooked perfectly. We were seated on time, our waiter did a wonderful job and a really good experience. Coral Reef has really gotten a bad rap, because the food was GOOD.

Last time we were there, had a birthday celebretion for son turning 7 , enjoyed the food and of course the view in the Coral Reef.

My husband and I made reservations at Coral Reef before reading any of the reviews and after reading some of them we almost cancelled! I'm so glad we didn't because we have eaten here twice and both times we had an awesome meal! I don't know why they get so many negative reviews.

Leahc100 said:
My husband and I made reservations at Coral Reef before reading any of the reviews and after reading some of them we almost cancelled! I'm so glad we didn't because we have eaten here twice and both times we had an awesome meal! I don't know why they get so many negative reviews.

I agree, my family loved it!!

It's been 3 years since we've been to Disney and we went to Coral Reef for dinner one night. We loved the atmosphere (how could you not with the big ole aquarium). I remember having the steak and telling my husband that it was the best steak that I've ever had.

We had a decent meal at CR back in 2009. It just goes to show, different strokes for different folks....but I never understood the terrible reviews. :confused3

Glad you enjoyed it! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter