Coral Reef/Crab Legs

RMAMom

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been to CR lately? I was hoping that crab legs would return to the menu now that free dinning is over. If anyone has been in the last week or two and noticed crab legs on the menu I would love to know about it!

Thanks.

I believe that the crab legs have been gone for a while, and unfortunately I haven't heard any news that they're back on the menu.

The "free dining" isn't exactly over either, there is a code offer for Disney Visa holders that includes dining. It is for most of now through Nov. (excluding Thanksgiving week), and some of December.

Free dining ain't over. For Disney Visa cardholders they can get it in November and December too. In fact I am not sure it will ever be over.

I wouldn't count on those legs coming back.

I know that there are select free dining offers out there but they can't compare to free dining for the general public. I was hoping it would make a difference. Oh well, I will get over it but I was looking forward to sitting at the CR enjoying crab and a nice glass of wine!

QXZ is the Visa Code.

Free dining is going on even Thanksgiving week and X-mas week just fyi....as long as you had your stay by the last day of the promo, it worked!

We went to Coral Reef on Wed 10/8 and Crab legs were not on the menu. Sorry, I wish they had been b/c I would have loved them!:)

As long as the basic DDP exists you will be seeing less and less quality food except at the Signature restaurants.

Each restaurant receives a fixed dollar amount per meal served on Basic DDP. As long as people tend to get the more expensive items since either "we paid for it" or "it's free so let's get the best" and each restaurant does have to make a profit you will see this.

If they ever do away with the basic plan within six months you will be seeing such things as crab or lobster or high-end steaks back on the menus.

As long as the basic DDP exists you will be seeing less and less quality food except at the Signature restaurants.

Each restaurant receives a fixed dollar amount per meal served on Basic DDP. As long as people tend to get the more expensive items since either "we paid for it" or "it's free so let's get the best" and each restaurant dies have to make a profit you will see this.

If they ever do away with the basic plan within six months you will be seeing such things as crab or lobster or high-end steaks back on the menus.

Good point. The ddp is the worst idea Disney has come up with in the last several years in terms of what it has done to quality! But alas, I fear it will be a long time before your last statement would come to pass!:sad2:

Each restaurant receives a fixed dollar amount per meal served on Basic DDP. As long as people tend to get the more expensive items since either "we paid for it" or "it's free so let's get the best" and each restaurant dies have to make a profit you will see this.

Thank You for this good explanation. I was trying to explain to my sister who just went to Disney with us for the first time. And of all places we were at Coral Reef and she was looking at the menu and first thing she said, "this is it?". :rotfl: popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter