Copthorne hotel Gatwick

alexandra uk

DIS Veteran
The night before our flight we're staying at the copthorne hotel Gatwick.
Has anyone else stayed here?

We stayed there about 13 years ago! It was very nice, it felt like it was in the country side, as it was surrounded by gardens. We had a nice meal there as well. Mind you this was a long time ago!

The Copthorne is a really nice hotel, set in very nice surroundings.

We stayed there, last September for one night .

The complimentary bus to Gatwick worked out really well, as we parked the car at the Copthorne, for the fortnight.

Paul

How much did they charge for the parking Paul ?

When I booked online I had a really good deal ( too good to be true really ;) )

I booked a connesieur king room for 1 night 2 adults.
Its one of those posh rooms where you get robes and a whirlpool etc. It said on the website free parking.
The total cost was £74 inclusive.
So I've just got visions of getting there and them saying "right you've got to pay £100 parking "
I'm going to take a print out of all the confirmation details with me just incase.
:jester: 135 to go :jester:

Alexandra,

I think that price IS to good to be true, but i would point out the fact that you have it in writing. Do you have parking on your confirmation invoice ?

I paid £180 for 2 adults in the same room as you are staying in - 4 poster bed, 3 separate rooms, 2 TV's , whirlpool, all the trimmings. The price included 2 weeks parking.

The hotel itself is fantastic,very old style but also very up to date as far as ameneties are concerned.

Watch out for the room service charges. £100.00 + for a meal for two. ( it was our Honeymoon so we thought we would spoil ourselves).

Paul

No - we do'nt have parking on the invoice, but I'm going to take along a print out of the details given on the website, as if this isn't correct, then its very misleading.
So by rights, they should honour it.:D

I would try and get this sorted out before you arrive at the hotel to avoid hassle at the start of your holiday.

Good Luck

Paul

Would'nt you say that this was misleading, as it says -

Free parking
Self parking
Free transportation to the airport

It does'nt say anything about 1 nights free parking.

I've just been on the phone to The Copthorne and asked how much parking is.
She said for November a twin/double room is £99 with 15 days parking.
So I think I got a good deal online :)
Although I don't think they meant to book me into a connesieur kingsize room for that price :)

yep, it certainly is misleading but i would have thought if it included 15 days parking they would have said so

Originally posted by alexandra uk
I've just been on the phone to The Copthorne and asked how much parking is.
She said for November a twin/double room is £99 with 15 days parking.
So I think I got a good deal online :)
Although I don't think they meant to book me into a connesieur kingsize room for that price :)

you've got a great deal then !!!

:D

Alex,

Sounds like you have a bargain there.

FYI - When i checked in to the Copthorne, i were expecting them to give me a badge or sticker to place in the window, for the parking, but this didn't happen, they did ask my car registration number though.

From what i can remember, long stay parking is around the back of the hotel. However, i left the car in the front (short term), with no problems at all.

Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter