Copper Creek vs. Boulder Ridge

partypug

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
We're currently debating between a studio at either Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge for 5 nights with 2 adults (my dad and me, so separate beds). What are the pros and cons for both and what would y'all choose?

Well for starters, no studio has 2 real beds except Old Key West. If you are expecting 2 real beds, you need to go back to the drawing board.

With 2 beds needed, BR having the murphy bed would be the deciding factor for me. However, I do prefer CC because I like how it's a part of the hotel.

I also prefer the murphy bed to the pullout couch. OP, I'm not sure how tall you are but BR would be my pick. You could always sleep on the fold out if you don't like the murphy after the first night.

you are honestly just splitting hairs between the two. you can choose either with confidence and know you will have a great time.

CC does have the convenience of being attached to the main building, and if you're on the 2nd floor, then you don't have to navigate any elevators. CC also, at least to me, has a more modern feel to it, whereas BR seems more homey. BR does have it's pool right behind the building and also the train room, but it's a slightly longer trek to the eateries on-property. It is closer to the buses though.

Can't really comment on wear and tear because my studio at CC had some minor wear and tear that I was surprised by (hello, the members pay dues for this!)

I had no idea BR had Murphy beds! I’m booked at CC in June but now I’m wondering if we should switch to BR, for the sake of my teen son?

Can anyone comment on whether it’s a big difference in comfort between the Murphy bed vs foldout couch? And if it’s worth making the switch?

Getting a studio at CCV is much more difficult than BRV. Because of all the points sold for cabin and the relatively small number of studios, they go in milliseconds when the 11 months window opens. Are you renting or using your points at 7 months?
At 7 months BRV shouldn't be impossible outside fall frenzy. CCV needs a good dose of luck anytime.
Forget both during Christmas season at 7 months.

Last edited:
I had no idea BR had Murphy beds! I’m booked at CC in June but now I’m wondering if we should switch to BR, for the sake of my teen son?

Can anyone comment on whether it’s a big difference in comfort between the Murphy bed vs foldout couch? And if it’s worth making the switch?
If your teen son hasn't hit his growth spurt, sure. If he's bigger than a bunk bed, no.

AFAIK, BR only has the small Murphy bed under the TV They may be putting in the queen size one to replace the pull out couch when the renovate.

Thanks everyone! I was picturing the new Murphy beds at the Riviera, not the little flip beds they have at a bunch of the resorts, in addition to the fold out couches. We loved those when he was younger, but now at 15, he’s almost 6 feet, so they don’t really work.

We knew that we were lucky to get the CC studio at 7 months (for June 2021) so we’ll just keep it.

We are currently at CCV in a studio. They ended up putting us in one of the accessible rooms because our original room had a terrible odor to it. At any rate, we are at the very end of the building, which is actually not bad as there is an exit outside nearby.

HOWEVER, this room does not have the nicer memory foam pull out couch. The mattress is extremely thin and is nowhere near as comfortable as the one we had at the Poly a few nights ago. They did bring us 2 egg crates, which has made it better, but the one at Poly was still much better.

we just stayed had a split stay between copper creek and boulder ridge. the difference in accommodations is pretty significant. Our copper creek 1 bedroom was beautiful. The boulder ridge room was very dated, smelled humid and the rug made the room feel dirty (even though i'm sure it was cleaned properly). Thankfully BR was only for one night. I will not be staying at boulder ridge until refurbishment is complete (supposed to begin in spring 2021).

BRV is the cabin in the woods that's been in the family for a few generations and is dated but charming, CCV is the fancy new cabin the city slicker built last week when they moved out to the mountains

either of those might be pros or cons depending on your taste; maybe flip a coin 😁
Great description!!:rotfl2:

My choice would be BRV(VWL, for some of us old folks :goodvibes ). We own there, so please take that into consideration. My reasoning is this, the feel. It feels" Lodgy", CCV, not as much, IMO. We stayed one nigh in a GV at CCV, loved it! But the homey feel that BRV evokes blends with the Lodge seamlessly. Plus, its enough removed from the busy area, that it feels relaxed. Just my 2 cents. Either way, you cant go wrong, because you will be at Wilderness Lodge:thumbsup2

BRV is the cabin in the woods that's been in the family for a few generations and is dated but charming, CCV is the fancy new cabin the city slicker built last week when they moved out to the mountains

either of those might be pros or cons depending on your taste; maybe flip a coin 😁
And a few years from now, CCV will be dinged up and BRV will have just been refurbished. It is all cyclical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter