Copper Creek vs Boulder Ridge

JsMom2

DIS Veteran
What's the quick version of the differences between Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge? And how is the transportation to/from the parks. Seems like it's not close to anything, even though they are considered Magic Kingdom resorts.

Boulder Ridge is the new name for the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and is located adjacent to the WL building.
Copper Creek rooms (except for the Cabins) are converted hotel rooms and located inside of the main WL building.

Ah, I didn't get that from the promotional material that was sent out. Thank you!

In my opinion, WL has the best transportation to all the parks of the MK resorts. They have a boat and a bus to MK and they have a bus to Epcot. We don’t like to wait for the monorail so the buses and boats are much better for us.

CCV rooms are those rooms converted to DVC in one of the two wings of Wilderness Lodge, and also the cabins added along the lake shore. BRV is the original DVC in the area, previously named the Villas at Wilderness Lodge, and is its own buidling in the same area as WL. The BRV rooms are somewhat larger than the CCV rooms that were converted to DVC in WL, except that CCV has a small number of studios that are larger because they have two rooms. BRV and CCV have like point costs per night, except that CCV, in additon to studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs, also has Grand Villas and the cabins, which have very high point costs, and BRV has only studios, 1BRs, and 2BRs. CCV also has different types of bathrooms in the studios (and as a result also the 2BR lock-offs), some have a bath with shower, and some have only a shower, and those are actually booking categories. BRV studios have the bath with shower. The BRV studios allow five (plus a child under three in a crib) because they have an extra pull-down murphy bed, while the CCV studios allow only four (plus a child under three in a crib). Both BRV and CCV get to use the amenities available at the WL resort area as a whole, including pools, restaurants, services, etc. Both use the same transportation systems, boat or bus to MK, a boat to Contemporary or Fort Wilderness, buses to other parks.

BRV points in resale and from Disney, which gets points back after a resort has sold out via right of first refusal in resales or foreclosures, cost significantly less than CCV points. Dues at CCV are also higher than BRV (although that appears it might change somewhat next year).

Last edited:
What's the quick version of the differences between Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge? And how is the transportation to/from the parks. Seems like it's not close to anything, even though they are considered Magic Kingdom resorts.
One big factor that i don't think has been mentioned it is the number of occupants - the Studio and 1 BR at BRV can accommodate 5 whereas at CCV the studio and 1BR only accommodate 4. I find that a huge downfall as a family of 5 i would have to get a 2BR to accommodate us.

One big factor that i don't think has been mentioned it is the number of occupants - the Studio and 1 BR at BRV can accommodate 5 whereas at CCV the studio and 1BR only accommodate 4. I find that a huge downfall as a family of 5 i would have to get a 2BR to accommodate us.
Except the one bedroom at BRV doesn't have beds for five. Just the king bed and queen sleeper sofa. You can have a fifth person, but you provide the bed, linens, towels, etc for the fifth person. None will be provided by DVC.

Except the one bedroom at BRV doesn't have beds for five. Just the king bed and queen sleeper sofa. You can have a fifth person, but you provide the bed, linens, towels, etc for the fifth person. None will be provided by DVC.
Good point. But at the points savings compared to a 2BR I will gladly pack an air mattress. I thought i remember reading about members able to get a cot or something from the resort. Possibly just an isolated event as I haven't read much more about it.

Good point. But at the points savings compared to a 2BR I will gladly pack an air mattress. I thought i remember reading about members able to get a cot or something from the resort. Possibly just an isolated event as I haven't read much more about it.
Nope, right on the DVC member site it says you must provide your own bed and bedding.

1-Bedroom Villa
View Floor Plans- Modal
Views of Pool, Woodlands, Courtyard, or Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort Hotel
1 king-size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
5th guest can be accommodated, but please note that no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided
Sleeps Up to 4

I found the transportation from BRV quick and easy, but that was using the boat to get to MK, Contemporary (and then the monorail to other MK resorts), and Fort Wilderness. I was also comparing it to transportation from AKV where we had stayed a few days before.

Will BRV accommodate 3 adults, two little children and one child in a crib? (Five plus a crib.) I’m gathering BRV will if air mattress is brought, but CCV will not. Has anyone tried this to provide feedback about whether a small twin air mattress will fit in a 1BR?

Will BRV accommodate 3 adults, two little children and one child in a crib? (Five plus a crib.) I’m gathering BRV will if air mattress is brought, but CCV will not. Has anyone tried this to provide feedback about whether a small twin air mattress will fit in a 1BR?
A BRV studio has one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and the bunk sized murphy bed. If your child in a crib (not sure a crib will fit) is under the age of three, you will fit. The murphy bed is shorter and narrower than a twin sized mattress. CCV studio and one bedroom is a hard four (plus one under the age of three). You wouldn't fit in a CCV studio or one bedroom. You'd need a two bedroom with five plus one under the age of three. It will be hard putting both a pack and play and an air bed in the BRV studio.

The BRV one bedroom has one king bed in the master and one queen sleeper sofa in the living room. Technically, it will sleep four plus one under the age of three. If you book through Disney Reservation Center, you can sleep four plus one under the age of three. If you book through DVC, they will allow a fifth person (plus one under the age of three), but they will not provide anything for the fifth person. No sheets, no towels, no bed. You could probably fit the air mattress at the end of the sleeper sofa. You may be able to fit the pack and play or rented crib (DVC doesn't normally provide cribs since they provide the pack and play) in the master bedroom or maybe in the master bathroom portion (by the tub and sink). With the larger television cabinet, plus the coffee table, it may be hard to fit the air mattress in the living room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter