Cooling towels

MSRSDS3

Earning My Ears
I've been reading all the previous posts on cooling towels. I plan to try them this August when we are in Disneyworld. I don't know how I didn't try them before because we are always melting in August in Disneyworld. Anyone can suggest their favorite brand or ones to avoid? I was reading that Frogg toggs were good, but see some people complaining of the color running onto their shirts. Also, full size vs mini? Seems folks have issue with the mini frogg toggs. Thanks!

We used the Frogg Toggs chilly pad in green, blue and pink. I don't recall any color coming off on our clothes. We went in May with temps in the high 80's/ low 90's. They literally saved our trip! Hopefully some other Disers have more input. Whatever you decide, they will be worth the investment.

We have full size, white with the american flag on them and they are great. wouldn't go in the summer without them.

I've been reading all the previous posts on cooling towels. I plan to try them this August when we are in Disneyworld. I don't know how I didn't try them before because we are always melting in August in Disneyworld. Anyone can suggest their favorite brand or ones to avoid? I was reading that Frogg toggs were good, but see some people complaining of the color running onto their shirts. Also, full size vs mini? Seems folks have issue with the mini frogg toggs. Thanks!
We have the cheap 4 pack full size towels we ordered from amazon a number of years ago and they're nice on really hot days, combine that with a portable fan and it's pretty good. It's not life changing but does feel good. We have had no issues with color running, and these are fairly large.

https://www.amazon.com/YQXCC-Coolin...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

we used Dr Cool sports & fitness cooling towels - i got them in both disney (i think in the hotel shop) and on amazon. they really helped!!

We love the ones we bought at the park with Mickey heads on them. We had Frogtogs years ago that were a Shammie type material and they were heavy, thick and got stiff when dried out. The Mickey ones work well, are light and dry soft and easy to store.

We have Frogg Togg Chilly Pads. Never any problems with colour running.

When we received them we cut them in half length wise and it worked well to keep us each cool. Also, less weight on our shoulders. Highly recommend Frogg Togg Chilly Pads.

Last edited:

I bought a 6-pack on Amazon in 2019, SIMSIMY brand. They are listed at $12.99. The dimensions are 12” x 36” and we use them all summer long. No issues with color bleeds. We stick them in the freezer after we’ve dampened them, with some ice cubes, to extra chill them before a hot day.

We love the ones we bought at the park with Mickey heads on them. We had Frogtogs years ago that were a Shammie type material and they were heavy, thick and got stiff when dried out. The Mickey ones work well, are light and dry soft and easy to store.
How much did those run you?

We had the Frogg Toggs on our last trip and never used them :confused3 Nope they sat at the bottom of my tote bag the entire trip, along with other things I dragged along that went unused. I hear they are nice though ::yes::

Local here ( out the back gate of WDW...

We use them alot... Keep them wet...

I have a Frogg Togg mini, and it does get stiff when it start to dry out...Then I have another one that I got at one of the sporting goods stores, and I like it alot better... and it has a little case that you can roll it up into and store it... which is nice, it fits easily into the pocket of DH's cargo shorts...
The both are a couple of years old, and starting to show it...So I'm on the look out for a couple of new ones...

I will say that I have used them for more than just in the park... I have used them when I have had a sinus headache and wrapped over my eye's... we stayed at our friend house and it was very warm in the house, so I used it at night I place it on the pillow, and laid my head and neck on it..... I also used it for some no-see'em bites on my leg, I soak them in ice water them wrapped my leg in them... last but not least, I used them in the resort hotel room soak them in ice water, for like a heat rash that I get on my legs when it gets really hot... works really great... DH has used them for work, and even BBQing here at home, mowing the yard and yard work...

I also keep my hair wet/damp... I spray some curling or wavy hair products, in my hair... and when it starts to dry out, I wet it with my hands... plus it doesn't get completely out of control...

Good Sunscreen... is so important... Apply before you leave the room, while your body is still cool... is take 30 to 45 minutes for it to set in... don't forget to cover your ears and back of your necks... as well use it around you hair line, or your part, and if you have short hair, like a crew cut and your can see your scalp or are balding... use it the sports spray... Our friends just went out on the boat with use 2 weekends ago, and I offer him a couple of times spray his head, and he was like I don't need to... well his head has been peeling and flaking off... he told DH its like the worst case of dandruff ever... LOL...

We have a nice stash of these that my mom actually picked up both at various shops and....Busch Gardens Williamsburg. She said they were actually a really great price! Lots of different brands, haven't seen any issues with colors yet. All of ours are some shade of blue, maybe it's color dependent?

We certainly used them a lot at the beach. Ours do get stiff when dry, haven't actually found one that stays flexible otherwise.

I have the Mission brand cooling towels. I think they were about $14.99 each? I've seen them at sports places like Dunhams or Dick's Sports, and I've even seen them at Target. When we went in June in 2017, I soaked each one in the sink before we left our hotel, and I put them in ziploc bags. Any time we were hot, we'd pull them out and "snap" them (stretch them out and snap them really quickly with both hands) and they would cool right now. We wrapped them around our necks or heads and they made a difference! I plan to bring them again for our July trip this summer. Re wet them in that bathrooms and stick them back in the ziploc bags, and they are ready for use again.

We have four different colors, one for each person in our family so we know which one is used by which person. I've never had a problem with the color running onto our clothes. However, I have washed them many, many times, so I don't know if that made a difference?

I have the Mission brand cooling towels. I think they were about $14.99 each? I've seen them at sports places like Dunhams or Dick's Sports, and I've even seen them at Target. When we went in June in 2017, I soaked each one in the sink before we left our hotel, and I put them in ziploc bags. Any time we were hot, we'd pull them out and "snap" them (stretch them out and snap them really quickly with both hands) and they would cool right now. We wrapped them around our necks or heads and they made a difference! I plan to bring them again for our July trip this summer. Re wet them in that bathrooms and stick them back in the ziploc bags, and they are ready for use again.

We have four different colors, one for each person in our family so we know which one is used by which person. I've never had a problem with the color running onto our clothes. However, I have washed them many, many times, so I don't know if that made a difference?
I second the Mission towels. We’ve used our Frogg Toggs chilly pads at many ball tournaments (looking nasty and sitting under a tent lol), but I much prefer the lightweight Mission ones for walking around. Plus they are much easier to keep clean (and not stinky) IMO. But I also haven’t had issues with color transfer from either brand.

Hey, y'all. Bumping up this thread with a question.

I'm confused about the sizes. The regular chilly pad is 13x33" (and the Mission is similar). That seems huge. Isn't it? The mini is 3x29". That seems a little narrow, but is closer to what I imagined it would be. Thoughts? Should I take the @scrappinginontario route and cut in half?

I use the mini Froggs Toggs around my neck and tuck the ends in my shirt. I keep them in a ziplock bag of ice water inside a small soft sided cooler with freeze packs. Bring several so you can change them out frequently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter