Cooking and overall food questions......

I would go with the electric skillet and extension cord. You can do almost anything with one of those and you can pick one up for around $15. Once done the skillet becomes your dishpan too.

Back when we traveled with the sons and w/o the RV we used one of the old style electric coffee pots and made, bean and franks, soup, hot dogs, etc. in our motel room for supper and after washed the next morning we made coffee for the day in it.

Larry

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I use to travel a lot in my early years, I worked for a , now famous, restaurant chain. We always had to pack as light as we could, so I only wore the socks on my feet, and the "fruit of the looms" on my butt. After I'd retire for the night in my motel room I'd wash/sterilize them in the motel rooms coffe pot, and sleep in the buff while the undies would dry over night.

TA DA,, clean drawers !! :woohoo:

I don't know whether to just quit drinking coffee forever now, or switch to instant. I might have to start a poll. At least it wasn't a message from the redundancy depy.

I use to travel a lot in my early years, I worked for a , now famous, restaurant chain. We always had to pack as light as we could, so I only wore the socks on my feet, and the "fruit of the looms" on my butt. After I'd retire for the night in my motel room I'd wash/sterilize them in the motel rooms coffe pot, and sleep in the buff while the undies would dry over night.

I'm gonna come out of the closet on this Frank. I've done it a few times too but I rinsed the pot out really really good before I left. You know what was weird? The whole time the water was getting hot I kept smelling beans and franks and wondering where the heck it was coming from.

I'll bet that was some tasty coffee the next morning. :surfweb:

I seen a thing on one of those TV shows about hotels. NEVER use the coffee pot. The toilet had less bacteria/germs on it.

When I have camped in the past I used the picnic table to set up a hot plate and a George Foreman grill, I took a small skillett and a small pot and various cooking utencils. We used an extention cord to hook into the power source and then a power strip so we had extra outlets.
We cooked just about anything we wanted bacon and eggs, hot dogs, hamburgers, steaks, grilled veggies on the george.
Small appliances are the way to go when camping and there is a power source.

I have a small table top grill I picked up at Publix for like 10 bucks, takes the mini propane tanks. I've used it as a stove top and a grill. I've also always brought the mini fridge, for keeping milk, soda, and a few things for dinner.

Even a good cooler should run you about 20$. I picked one up last summer at my aunt's, and sitting in direct sunlight there was still ice at the end of the day. And for such a short trip to the fort, unless you plan on only staying at the fort (no park days), it won't even be worth it to worry about cooking up eggs and bacon in the morning. Although smelling that in the morning is great.

Just think of the long term investment of it, coolers come in handy for more that just camping. And stop in at a few salvation army stores (they take in more stufff than goodwill), good stuff can be found there for cheap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter