Convertible Cars

Thanks! It was my daily driver. Restored it twice. It was too hard to keep nice and drive every day. Of course back then it was just a ten year old used car, well even then it was pretty desirable but still.
I bought a fully restored 1965 Mustang coupe 6 years ago, Sunday driver. 289 4 barrel, rare factory color Champaign Beige, 1965 only color. Been a fun toy.

I’ve always wanted one but the reality is I would rarely drive it with the top down. I live in North Dakota so there’s only a few months of convertible weather and I also really don’t like wind whipping my hair around. So even though I think it’d be fun the handful of times we’d use it, the practical in me knows I’ll never get one

I drove a yellow 2007 Pontiac Solstice for almost 10 years. I loved it. There's nothing like having a rough day at work and then riding home with the top down to change your mood. Unfortunately, the car turned into a sled during almost any kind of inclement weather. That last winter with it was the clincher for me.

I had an Infiniti hardtop and man, I loved it. I live in Florida and it got nearly year round use.

I had to trade it when 9 months pregnant because a carseat wouldn't fit in the "backseat". I was extremely attached to it (and my hormones were out of control...) so I sat in the dealership and sobbed/ugly cried while we signed it over.

Can't wait to get one again!

We had this one....a 1998 BMW X3 when we lived in California in the late 90s. My husband had a very short commute and it was a super fun car to have out there. It had a wind screen that you put up behind the seats to keep it from being too windy. But with the top up...it was loud. And certainly not a car to have as a daily driver in the northeast. We sold it when we moved back to NJ.

I had a convertible Audi for a few years that I LOVED! I almost always had the top down and it was so much fun to drive around. I have very long hair so I always kept a bunch of hair ties around the gear shift for me and anyone else who needed one. As much as I love my current car, I really do miss Princess. I think she is down in Southern California now.

I have never owned one. My cousin had some kind of Pontiac back in the 90's. She ended up getting rid of it after a couple years. I rode in it, and it was fun. I just don't think I would want one for myself.

Around 1976 my brother bought a used Camaro convertible. Maybe a 68 or 69 model. It was a piece of crap, the top only worked sometimes. I drove it a few times. He only kept it for about a year before pawning it off to someone he knew at college.

By the time I got my license, I wasn't interested in convertibles. Moon/sun roofs are fine, several of my cars had them.

We had a Mustang GT convertible for several years. It was our toy, rarely driven and only in wonderful weather. I wouldn't want one for my primary vehicle.

After driving it I decided I didn’t want one after all.
I rode in one as a child and all I noticed was how uncomfortable it was. My hair was blown around constantly in my face, it was noisy, etc.

I've since noticed that most drivers of shiny red convertibles are middle aged men. It's like now they can finally afford it, they've got to live out their teenage aspirations.

I rode in one as a child and all I noticed was how uncomfortable it was. My hair was blown around constantly in my face, it was noisy, etc.

I've since noticed that most drivers of shiny red convertibles are middle aged men. It's like now they can finally afford it, they've got to live out their teenage aspirations.

Oh, I don't know if that is a fair statement.
My Mother had a red convertible for years, she's not a middle aged man! Her second convertible was hunter green, still not a middle aged man, rather a 70 something Floridian transplant. She still drives that second car, we had it totally refurbished for her 2 years ago.
My convertible red, and again I'd have to point out that I am not a middle aged man either! Although in truth, red isn't what I wanted, but it was what the car was available in, so I took it.
And there are these great inventions called hats & scarves that do wonders with hair blowing around.
Speaking for my mother & I, our only teenage aspirations were horses.

Had a convertible VW Beetle that was a lot of fun to drive (turbo, manual) but it was a TDI and CA got crazy with regulations on diesel engines, and taxes on diesel fuel, so at some point drives along PCH with the top down weren't worth the hassle & the cost anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter