• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Convention tickets

Wish Upon A Starbucks

Scampi Lover/Velociraptor
I’m going to a convention and planning to use an after 5 convention ticket to see one of the parks. Do they ever allow you in earlier than 5 or is it typically 5:00 exactly? I know with certain parties people are allowed in early.

I have read that you may be able to enter about 15 minutes early. Are you going to have any other types of tickets tied to your account? If you do have other, non-after 5 tickets, entering early may trigger their use instead of your after 5 tickets. But if that's all you're getting, I think you can try to go in a few minutes early, but that's about it.

From what I have read, you can sometimes get in ca. 15 mins early. Seems to be CM dependent.

One thing to keep in mind... if you have other entitlements (tickets) on your profile and a CM lets you enter early, the system might (and probably will) deduct a regular park day entitlement. (This is analogous to how the FP system will deduct an anytime FP (assuming you have one) if you use the standard 5/15 grace period).

EDIT - I should have read the replies... I just said the same thing as @SarahC97 above. oops. But at least I'm consistent!

Keep in mind, it takes time to get to the gates. Parking, bag check, etc. Getting to MK, you need to park, ride the tram, bag check, magnetometer, then monorail/ferry over.

So, arriving at 4:30 or even 4:00 at Ticket and Transportation Center may be about right, keeping in mind all of the caveats mentioned above...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter