Convention tickets increasing in price!

jimandami

DIS Veteran
I am attending a convention at YC/BC the week after Thanksgiving, and I was just notified that convention tickets are also increasing in price. We have until July 15 to purchase at the old price, which I guess is nice. I just wasn't really planning on spending $2400 on tickets at this point in time. The e-mail does not specify how much the increase will be.

Last edited:
I am attending a convention at YC/BC the week after Thanksgiving, and I was just notified that convention tickets are also increasing in price. We have until July 15 to purchase at the old price, which I guess is nice. I just wasn't really planning on spending $2400 on tickets at this point in time. The e-mail does not specify how the increase will be.
Thank you for sharing! Guess it's time to pull the trigger on mine for October. Ugh.

This is how we got our tickets with our trip this past April. We got 3 parks/1 water park for like $290 per ticket, I think. And I had to book at least one night in one of their hotel rooms they had blocked off, which was fine because I needed an extra night anyways. The tickets were a better deal than the room rate. The discount on the room was only like 15-18% maybe. Even though I don't think we will see a 20-25% rise in regular ticket prices like we have with the APs, I do believe a significant increase will come. A 10% increase would $30 to that price.

Disney's continuous price raising, cut backs, and just nickel and diming in general was not the reason I sold my DVC, not at all. But I feel as though I sold at an awesome time now because the market might just become a little more saturated with listings in the next year or so because of the rising cost.

I called the group ticket office to ask if they had the new prices yet and she said no, they just found out yesterday.

I have used convention tickets numerous times, but never been to a convention though, lol.

My husband has a convention in early November. We have our flights booked. He says he won't find out any more info until September (hasn't booked his hotel). But I need to get our tickets by early August b/c we need tickets loaded into MDE b/c we are booking CL FPs (we are meeting him at this conference and then staying the week after). Can I get ticket information without him? I'm really hoping we can get convention tickets! He refuses to ask and it's killing me!

Disney's continuous price raising, cut backs, and just nickel and diming in general was not the reason I sold my DVC, not at all. But I feel as though I sold at an awesome time now because the market might just become a little more saturated with listings in the next year or so because of the rising cost.
So, still own DVC. Still have our AP. I have been frustrated this past year as park attendance seems to be up, at times way up. Very long lines for rides, and at times limited fastpass options for last minute scheduled trips.

Was pleasantly surprised on our last week long trip two weeks ago. With good plans, and well thought out fastpasses, we made out very well. Crowds were nowhere what we had encountered in our weekend trips in November and January, nor our overnight midweek trip in December.

Mostly due to my oldest child’s wedding, and my youngest two being freshman and seniors in High School, along with the expected rush or people due to the opening of Galaxy’s Edge, my plan was to forego the AP this year. My current ones expire in about two weeks.

However, the recent increases in food, snacks, and now even the APs have me even more convinced that I made the right move. My current Platinum Plus Pass cost me $580 with a special deal from DVC. That same pass costs about $1,300 now, although with my DVC discount it would be about $1,100. Still almost double what I paid. I think I will take the year off, and maybe take the kids to universal next summer.

I think that these price increases could push some DVC owners to sell but also it could really raise the value of smaller contracts even more. People might really be looking for a 50-75 point contract because they may decide to go less frequently.

I am attending a convention at YC/BC the week after Thanksgiving, and I was just notified that convention tickets are also increasing in price. We have until July 15 to purchase at the old price, which I guess is nice. I just wasn't really planning on spending $2400 on tickets at this point in time. The e-mail does not specify how much the increase will be.
Sorry this increase is really hitting everyone. But...I will say that I wish other people would have gotten a grace period to purchase at 'old' prices. The % of increase coupled with the immediacy of the increase made it harder to bear.

I am a little surprised that there wasn’t a contract in place to guarantee prices once both sides signed it. I used to work for a company that booked conventions in Orlando, and the contracts had everything spelled out, especially prices. Sounds like whoever booked the convention dropped the ball.

My husband has a convention in early November. We have our flights booked. He says he won't find out any more info until September (hasn't booked his hotel). But I need to get our tickets by early August b/c we need tickets loaded into MDE b/c we are booking CL FPs (we are meeting him at this conference and then staying the week after). Can I get ticket information without him? I'm really hoping we can get convention tickets! He refuses to ask and it's killing me!

The many times that my husband has had a convention to attend in Orlando, there was a link on the convention's website to purchase discounted tickets. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter