Controversial Topics Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good morning, Steve. Yikes, an opinion request!!

Hmm, I think this new board will revolve predominantly around politics whereas the old Debate Board seemed to have a large variety of topics, including a slice of politics. Heck there used to be heated topics like getting lots of reservations for the Cinderella breakfast and selling the reservations to other people. Or reusing refillable mugs for multiple trips. Or, pre-Fastpass days, having a 'place-holder' person stand in the queue for the rest of a 12 member family who would then swoop in as the entrance gate came closer. Or the bringing of a family to WDW during Gay Days. Or how maybe the Pope was really not a nice guy. I know I probably moved one or two threads from the CB to there every week, once they started to get heated here on the CB.

But with the severe societal divisiveness that has been created and so prevalent over the past 9 years, I think that politics and all that swirls around same will comprise the bulk of the discussions there. I certainly can be missing the mark, Steve,, but just my opinion. Time will tell.
Oh I definitely remember all those topics but I remember the Cinderella breakfast ones getting the most heated. Do you remember the poster, I think it was Howies Angels (not sure if it was Howie but definitely ended with Angels). He used to get a bunch of those reservations for people.

Oh I definitely remember all those topics but I remember the Cinderella breakfast ones getting the most heated. Do you remember the poster, I think it was Howies Angels (not sure if it was Howie but definitely ended with Angels). He used to get a bunch of those reservations for people.
Amazing recall there, Steve. Amazing. I don't think I woukd remember Howie's Angels on my own, but your mentioning it here jogged my recall. I said, 'oh yeah, Howie's Angels'

Here from Mouseplanet.com. 3 parts, parts 1 and 2 are linked in this part 3 here.

https://www.mouseplanet.com/7369/Howies_Angels#google_vignette

Ahhh, the good old days, the much simpler old days, Steve. Arguments over Cinderella breakfast reservations.

Good morning, Steve. Yikes, an opinion request!!

Hmm, I think this new board will revolve predominantly around politics whereas the old Debate Board seemed to have a large variety of topics, including a slice of politics. Heck there used to be heated topics like getting lots of reservations for the Cinderella breakfast and selling the reservations to other people. Or reusing refillable mugs for multiple trips. Or, pre-Fastpass days, having a 'place-holder' person stand in the queue for the rest of a 12 member family who would then swoop in as the entrance gate came closer. Or the bringing of a family to WDW during Gay Days. Or how maybe the Pope was really not a nice guy. I know I probably moved one or two threads from the CB to there every week, once they started to get heated here on the CB.

But with the severe societal divisiveness that has been created and so prevalent over the past 9 years, I think that politics and all that swirls around same will comprise the bulk of the discussions there. I certainly can be missing the mark, Steve,, but just my opinion. Time will tell.
::yes:: I think that's a pretty good guess, but I do hope people are interested in talking about other things. I could not care less about American politics.
Did you sign up? It took 4-5 hours before I finally was allowed to see the board. Corey's doing the ok's manually I believe.
Maybe it has something to do with the volume of requests at any given time? I applied late last night when I first noticed the link and the approval was almost instant.

I never got a notification that I was allowed. I just went back to the forum. Before I was allowed, I couldn't see any threads. I went back later, and the threads were there. So have you tried?
Yes, I have searched for it and I can’t see anything. I also followed the link again and it just brings me to an application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter