• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Contemporary vs. POFQ

momof2cuties

Mouseketeer
We've stayed at the Poly, AKL, Boardwalk and FQ.

Thinking of going back for Thanksgiving and 2 rooms at the POFQ is just a bit more than Contemporary. We know we like FQ a lot - especially the ease of getting around and the kids splash pad. Love the thought of walking to MK though. But I'm nervous that the size of the contemporary will be a hassle. We would be be in an outer wing standard view.

Will that type of room at the Contemporary be inconvenient? Any how easy is the walk to MK?

I'm not sure what you mean by the size of CR. It's a big hotel, but not a big, spread-out resort. The garden wing is right next to the main tower, no more than a few minutes walk to the lobby. CR is located directly across from where the resort buses drop off for MK. You exit CR and walk to the right and there is MK! It's about a 10 minute walk, tops.

Are you saying that two rooms at FQ is a bit more than one room at the CR? If that is the case and you think your family can manage in one room instead of two, I would say the location of the CR can't be beat. You can walk to MK, monorail to EPCOT and only have to take buses to AK/DHS.

We much prefer FQ to the garden wing at Contemporary. I know the rooms are the same as the tower, but the outter building is so dreary with its low ceilings...also walking past the pool in and out is always a challenge with DD. We do love monorail resorts, but for us needing only one room can't justify price when FQ is less than 1/2 cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter