Contemporary Vs Grand Floridian Vs Carribbean Beach Resort

Best Resort

• Total voters

Richi3

Registered
These are the option, Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View or Grand Floridian Outer Building or Port Orleans Riverside. Contemporary Tower MK View is $156 more the Bay Lake View. Bay Lake View at Contemporary is $112 more than Grand Floridian. Grand Floridian is $988 more than Carribean Beach Resort. This is for an overall 4 night stay. We like fireworks, the beach, and the monorail. We have been to disneyland many times but this is our first disney world trip!

If you love fireworks, beach and monorail then a Tower MK view is the choice. The monorail runs right through the CR Tower. There really isn't a real beach at WDW as it is all built in the Florida swamp land, so they do have white sand, but the water is still Florida water where you have to be aware of the dangers. Watching nightly fireworks from you room is assured, but if you buy park hopper tickets you can make the 5 minute walk over from the CR to the MK anytime you feel like it. :)

Wow! have you stayed in a tower mk view, and if so did you love it!
If you love fireworks, beach and monorail then a Tower MK view is the choice. The monorail runs right through the CR Tower. There really isn't a real beach at WDW as it is all built in the Florida swamp land, so they do have white sand, but the water is still Florida water where you have to be aware of the dangers. Watching nightly fireworks from you room is assured, but if you buy park hopper tickets you can make the 5 minute walk over from the CR to the MK anytime you feel like it. :)

Do you feel you would be in your room at night to see the fireworks, or in a park? If not then just think about whether or not that is a priority. The monorail is great at all the resorts with the exception of Caribbean Beach which doesn't have it. If you like the beach and fireworks there is an area down at the Poly to sit and watch the fireworks on the beach(for free), it's not always as quiet as it used to be, but of course it's much less crowded than the park itself. Any of your choices would be magical, but if the cost is a factor (only since you mentioned the difference above)and would change other things you may be able to do then I would weigh the above thought into the equation.

If I were just going for 4 nights--definitely CR or GF--with kids, CR wins hands down; without kids, I'd go for GF. Just my two cents, take them for what they're worth! Have a great time!

We've stayed twice (with our kids) at GF and loved everything about it. We're giving CR a try this December. I am not impressed by CBR's layout to deal with the hassle of getting around. So if you can afford it, go deluxe. GF is very relaxing and just all around gorgeous. I don't think that CR is as pretty, but it does have fantastic views.

Is Contemporary tower bay lake view good. I know there is the electrical water parade. But is the MK view worth an extra $50 a night

We just stayed at GF villas for 2 nights last week (non-park-visit trip), and it was awesome! DDs loved being at a monorail resort - they hopped on the monorail to get Dole Whips at Poly one afternoon, and another time monorailed over to CR to get cupcakes. They have a little beach area by the pool and the view of the lake and MK were really beautiful. We could see the fireworks and the water pageant at night. I loved hanging out in the lobby just relaxing and listening to the live band. The room itself was really nice - especially the dual-shower bathroom - and the kids loved the TV in the bathroom mirror! I think it is their new favorite resort!

It's a coin toss between the Contemporary Resort (not Bay Lake) and the Grand Floridian. Just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

The only way we stay at the GF is if we can get a room in the main building. I'm not wild about resort buildings not connected to the main one. It rains a lot in Florida.
CR is great because you can walk to the MK. I love the rooms.
Caribbean Beach or Port Orleans only if money precludes a stay at the other 2.

These are the option, Contemporary Tower Magic Kingdom or Bay Lake View or Grand Floridian Outer Building or Port Orleans Riverside. Contemporary Tower MK View is $156 more the Bay Lake View. Bay Lake View at Contemporary is $112 more than Grand Floridian. Grand Floridian is $988 more than Carribean Beach Resort. This is for an overall 4 night stay. We like fireworks, the beach, and the monorail. We have been to disneyland many times but this is our first disney world trip!

Grand Floridian. Easy. Excellent on property dining, three great pools, lovely view of fireworks & the castle, great transportation options, beautiful resort, great service, great amenities, large rooms. Magic!

You really can't compare two moderate resorts to the Grand Floridian. There is no comparison. It depend on your budget, how much you want to spend, and what you're looking for in a resort.

Theme park view at CR is great, but since you're paying for that view, you want to make sure you're in your room
For fireworks every night, IMO.

For our first trip we had a TPV in the CR tower, almost 2 years ago. Our kids were small, 2 & 3 at the time. I have to say, waking up and seeing the castle from our room was amazing. The first thing my girls would do when they woke up and before they went to bed was to stare at the castle to make sure it was still there. It's one of our favorite memories. While they were sleeping by the time the fireworks went off, my husband and I watched from the comfort of our balcony every night. We are very spoiled because of that trip. Walking to and from Magic Kingdom was priceless, especially with little ones. Seeing the long lines for busses and the monorail at night made me very grateful that I could walk back to our resort.

We are going again in a little over a month. I was happy to stay at CR again, but my husband wanted to try another resort. We let the girls pick so we are staying at the GF. I'm sure it will be just as lovely, and since they're older we can watch the fireworks somewhere other than our room. However, I think what I will miss the most is being able to walk to and from the Magic Kingdom.

I agree if CR or GF is in your budget, it's a no-brainer to me.

• GF is Disney's flagship resort. It is beautiful, has great dining at all levels, excellent theming and you will have access to the monorail and boat to get to MK. You will also be able to view the fireworks and the electrical parade from the dock if you don't have a TPV room. I have stayed in a TPV room at the GF, but I would rather watch the fireworks from the park or the dock. I have not stayed at CR, but it doesn't feel theme-y enough for me. It looks like a sleek, modern hotel like what you would expect a "W." I also haven't stayed at CBR, but I've noticed from the Disboards that other moderates such as POR and CSR seem to have more dedicated fan bases, so if you want to go moderate, POR might be a better choice. To echo MissionMouse, "beach" at WDW is only a theme or a landscaping element. Although the GF, CBR, Poly, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club and Yacht Club all have "beaches," they are not for swimming. However, if you stay at CBR or POR you might enjoy chartering a boat frm Sammy Duvall's at CR to view the fireworks from the lake.

Contemporary TPV seems great! But if you don't mind me asking how did you justify the cost. I would have no problem paying upward $400 per night.... If it is worth it. It seems no one really answers the is it worth question

Contemporary TPV seems great! But if you don't mind me asking how did you justify the cost. I would have no problem paying upward $400 per night.... If it is worth it. It seems no one really answers the is it worth question

That's because the question "is it worth it" is totally subjective. If you have small children, and plan to be back in your room to watch fireworks every night, it may be worth it. To me, it's not. I'd rather take that money and stay at the Grand Floridian, because IMO it's a much nicer resort with better amenities and atmosphere. So the price we are paying to stay there again in October is worth it to me, but may not be to someone else.

My vote would be for GF. We stayed there in June and loved easy access to monorail and DD loved the splash pad and pool. I thought it was a nice blend for kids and adults.

Can't beat the location of The Contemporary so it gets my vote. If I had to pick a second, it'd be GF because it's on the monorail line.

You need to decide between the GF and the CR. Both are wonderful, but in totally different ways, so it depends completely upon which is more important to YOU.

We love both and have stayed at both. Here are the advantages unique to each resort, as I see it:

CR, TPV room:

AMAZING view!
No words to describe it! The view is what it is all about. You enter the room and the entire opposite wall is window overlooking the entire MK area. You see the MK, the Castle, the GF, the Poly, the entire monorail loop, the boats going to and fro, just everything! At night the fireworks are you have children that go to bed early, sitting out on this balcony with your beverage of choice is fun and relaxing.

BEST transportation!
The only other resort that can be argued to have as good transportation is the Poly. The transportation options at the CR are simply the VERY BEST IN WDW!!! First, you can WALK to the MK. In itself, that can be priceless, especially with little ones and/or if the monorail is on limited schedule.
Also, it has the monorail to the MK and to Epcot (change of monorail line at TTC). It has the monorail access to both the poly and the GF. Also, you can walk to the MK and take a boat to the Poly or the GF. You have a boat dock at the CR that has boat transportation to both Fort Wilderness (Hoop Dee Doo Revue dinner show) and the Wilderness Lodge. Lots of dining and activities that make this boat ride fun and worthwhile!
Also, you can walk to the MK bus terminal for direct bus access to ALL other resorts in WDW. No other resort gives you direct access to the other resorts! This is great if you have dining reservations at another resort or just want to visit.

Great dining at the resort!
Chef Mickey's is at your resort just downstairs! This is nearly an attraction in its own right. Here, you get to meet with Mickey during breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We have a meal here every trip. Also, the California Grille upstairs has good food and lovely views for a more upscale dining experience. The Contempt Cafe is really good quick service and the Wave has many healthy choices. Of course, you are also only a quick monorail ride away from the dining at the Poly and GF or a quick boat ride to the WL or FW.

Large spacious rooms, comfortable beds!
CR rooms are all equally large with a large daybed and two queens or a king bed. The beds are very comfortable. I like the layout. Personally, I like that the toilet is in its own separate room and the sinks and tub are together in the 'outside' bathroom area. (The sinks are a small issue - flat bottoms! What were they thinking?)
Rooms are all in the main building (unless you book the garden wing). This means that everything is under one roof - even the monorail. That is convenient, comfortable (no going outside in inclement weather), and Cool! It is fun to watch the monorail glide through the Grand Concourse!

Pool:
The pool is plain, but has a good slide. The views over Bay Lake are relaxing and the pool is never crowded.

GF, outer building:

Beautiful theming! Let's face it - the theming at the GF is top notch all the way! From the lobby to the grounds to the decor in the lavish, large and comfortable rooms, everything is immaculate and beautiful! Details are perfect, everything is simply gorgeous! It is pretty, bright and elegant here. You feel like you have arrived, but without any stuffiness. It is an amazing experience that is well worth the cost to say here. No buildings are far from the main building with transportation, dining and transportation options. Every building has its own unique conveniences regarding location and almost all views are great with only a few that have a building or small obstruction (such as a tree) in the way. walking around the grounds here is almost an attraction in itself, it is so pretty.

The rooms!
Rooms here are among the largest on Property. They are beautiful and perfectly appointed. All but a few have balconies. They come with either two queens or a king and a daybed. Bathrooms have the toilet and tub in one room and two sinks outside. Views are generally lovely, of the grounds, the lagoon, the MK, the monorail or the Poly.
Staying in the main building is possible, but is CL level and quite pricey.

Transportation:
The GF has monorail access to the MK, Epcot, the CR and the Poly. It also offers a boat ride to the Poly and the MK. Otherwise it is bus service to the other theme parks. If you wish to visit other resorts you need to go to a theme park and transfer to the bus to that resort from there. the GF has a lovely bus stop with lots of benches for sitting while waiting for your bus to arrive.

The Lobby!
An attraction in its own right, the GF lobby is nothing short of spectacular. With musical entertainment, and lots of places to sit comfortably you can enjoy time spent just relaxing under its wonderful stained glass dome. Shopping and dining options are varied, excellent and plentiful here. You have the Cafe, Narcoosee's, 1900 park Fare, and Gasparilla's (quick service).

Pools:
the two pools at the GF are beautiful. One is situated in the courtyard and the other is located on the beach near the DVC building. Both are fun and have zero entry. there is a great splash play area for children.

Watching MK fireworks:
From your room, if you have a TPV room. If you do not have TPV, you can watch the fireworks from the boat dock, in front of Gasparilla's or on the walkway to the poly.

I'm not sure if that answers the "Is it worth the price?" question, but these are the reasons why we think that these two resorts are worth the exorbitant costs.

Good luck choosing! Both of these resorts are magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter