Contemporary stay during pool refurb?

Drumagirl5

Earning My Ears
Hello!

We currently have a 7 night stay booked at the Contemporary for the week after Easter. We have twin 12 year olds and a 1 year old and it will be all of their first time at Disney (my husband and I have been before). We chose the Contemporary because of the location and having the monorail in house but are now wondering if it’s not the right choice due to the feature pool being refurbished. We don’t plan on having a full pool day but was thinking it would be nice for the twins if and when we take breaks due to the baby.
When we first booked the
Grand Floridian had rooms available (the Polynesian did not) but we chose the Contemporary because we thought the fussy theming of the GF might not be as fun for the kids and isn’t as appealing to us. Do you think it’s worth switching in order to have access to a feature pool?

Thank you for any and all of your thoughts in advance!

If you have any desire to use the pool, I would switch to GF. They have lovely pools and a children's splash area. The CR pool is in desperate need of a refurb and even if they let CR guests use the BLT pool, it will not be terribly convenient to access.

CR guests will be allowed to use only the Bay Lake pool, which is the “Target” pool on the bay at the CR. They will not be allowed to use the Bay Cove pool at BLT.

I would switch to Grand Floridian. My family had a similar stay to yours this year also the week after Easter and really enjoyed the GF themed pool. We would have missed it if it was closed. That being said, we have another trip planned for the first week of February 2023 at the Contemporary but I am keeping that because it’s a shorter, busier trip and cooler weather so we won’t miss the feature pool because we don’t plan on much swimming (if at all).

We walked to Narcoossees from the Poly, and the feature pool/splash pad looked really nice. I'd possibly switch, but I'm not a contemporary fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter