Contemporary Resort rooms and scooters

irene6118

Mouseketeer
My husband has always wanted to stay at CR, so for his birthday I want to surprise him with a stay there. There are going to be 3 adults in the room and I am looking at a theme park view in the tower. My concern is that my husband requires a scooter to get around and I am wondering if there will be enough space in the room to accommodate it since we will need 2 beds. Also if I request an accessible room, is that going to jeopardize us getting a good view of everything (fireworks, monorail, etc.)? Thanks for any help.

My husband has always wanted to stay at CR, so for his birthday I want to surprise him with a stay there. There are going to be 3 adults in the room and I am looking at a theme park view in the tower. My concern is that my husband requires a scooter to get around and I am wondering if there will be enough space in the room to accommodate it since we will need 2 beds.
You should be fine. There are plenty of pictures and videos online of the rooms. If you want the bathroom accessible then request that.

Personally I don’t love to see it but I do often see the scooters parked in the hallways at the resorts. So if you get cramped that’s another option.
Also if I request an accessible room, is that going to jeopardize us getting a good view of everything (fireworks, monorail, etc.)? Thanks for any help.
The TPV rooms all have the same view so no worries there.

my husband requires a scooter to get around and I am wondering if there will be enough space in the room to accommodate it since we will need 2 beds
There should be plenty of space in a CR room for the ECV. Folks can fit 2 ECVs in a value room with 2 beds so it shouldn't be any problem at the CR. If needed, you can request that the table and chairs be removed. PLEASE do not park in the hallway; it's against fire code and causes problems for other guests.

if I request an accessible room
Just know that an accessible room is not a "request" -- you need to book an accessible room and it will be guaranteed to receive one. If someone in your party needs the bathroom accommodations you should book it. An HA room is not needed just to have space for the ECV and may actually be a slightly tighter fit due to the bathroom accommodations taking a larger footprint from the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter