Contemporary Resort Garden Wing Suite

docmidnite

Earning My Ears
Hello!

Was looking for feedback or information of anyone who might have stayed in the Garden Wing suites before at Contemporary Resort. Any positives? Negatives? We just booked it, but wanted to get some more info!

Thanks!

We weren't in a suite by stayed there for a convention last year. It's like a Hyatt for the price of the Four Seasons. The positive, it's walking distance to the MK. That is without question the best part. We spent 3 of our 4 days at MK, so that was a huge plus for us. Monorail, patio to watch fireworks and the electrical water pageant outside your door, also pluses.

Negative, sure it's on the Contemporary property, but you feel like you are in a completely different hotel. It's not what you think of when you think Disney experience. You are paying for the convince not the hotel experience.

On a side note, and this may have just been our week, but the attention from mousekeeping was very poor. Room service trays laid in the halls for hours. We'd go to the park and come back, and they were still out. Sometimes overnight. We had 2 days where our room wasn't serviced until after 5. That may be an outlier (I hope), or b/c we are in a different building. I don't know, but that was our experience.

you will find that trays left in the halls at CR/BLT to be fairly common. for some reason the housekeepers can't touch those things? although they should be removed every night.

I liked it - so much I brought at BLT - stayed at the CR's gw twice tried for 3 times - but got upgraded to the CR 12 floor. the sound level of the CR does not exist at the CRGW or BLT. they are both quieter - although in all 3 - kids and some very drunk or adults who should not be let allow alone - will be screaming. not sure what about the CR brings this out - but yea CR definitely has more people who like noise so much they make it themselves.

We've stayed in the Garden Wing twice this year, once in a standard room, and a couple weeks ago in a Deluxe room. We LOVED it. It's extremely quiet, and arguably much easier to get to the buses/walkway to MK than the tower rooms. The pool is steps away. Housekeeping was incredible both times. They were seriously the cleanest rooms we've stayed in on Disney property in years. The deluxe room was suite quality without the suite price, and we had wonderful turn down service in the evenings, and they did fun things with my daughter's stuffed animals every night. We consider them a great value on the monorail and would absolutely stay in them again.

We've stayed in the Garden Wing twice this year, once in a standard room, and a couple weeks ago in a Deluxe room. We LOVED it. It's extremely quiet, and arguably much easier to get to the buses/walkway to MK than the tower rooms. The pool is steps away. Housekeeping was incredible both times. They were seriously the cleanest rooms we've stayed in on Disney property in years. The deluxe room was suite quality without the suite price, and we had wonderful turn down service in the evenings, and they did fun things with my daughter's stuffed animals every night. We consider them a great value on the monorail and would absolutely stay in them again.
I know I'm not OP, but this is SO fantastic to hear about the Garden Wing rooms. I'm staying there myself, and I've never been to CR or any of the Deluxes for that matter. Thank you for sharing this!

I'm looking forward to upcoming stay in standard rooms with cousins in March and a splurge on a deluxe room for solo trip in late November/early December. I use an ECV and will be glad to use walkway to MK instead of waiting for bus after a day at the park. Young cousins looking forward to the pool

We liked the Garden Wing a lot. It's a very short walk to the tower, so not a big deal and it's kind of nice being out of that hectic atmosphere over there sometimes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter