Contemporary or Yacht club? (Or other)

Tggrtoes

Earning My Ears
We are 90% going to go to WDW over fall break. It’s been years since I’ve been to WDW as DL is closer to us and easier to get to for shorter trips.
I wanted to be on monorail or similar so Contemporary works best there. But I think we will spend more time at Hollywood studios as those fit DS13 interests the most at this time - just mom and son trip this time. And Yacht club is walkable to Hollywood Studios.

Cost is not big enough difference - any insights? I’m so early in my planning and less than 30 days out so I need to book and get on dining and other plans not to mention park reservations. Thanks!

If DHS is the primary destination, then I vote YC. Can’t beat the ability to walk, especially if RotR is a target since you won’t have to mess with transportation and you can comfortably arrive before park opening with minimal thought.

Not sure of your swimming habits, but Storm-Along-Bay with a teen is probably more popular than the CR pools.

Especially with a 13-year old, I would do YC. You can walk to both EP and DHS and the pool at YC is so much better for a teen than the one at CR. Also more dining options within walking distance in the EP resort area.

During our 2018 trip we stayed at the Contemporary and it was so nice having that great access to the monorail. We're planning on staying there again during our trip next year. However, several of our close friends have stayed at the Yacht Club and they all highly recommend us trying it sometime.

Yacht Club. Walkable to the park he's most interested in, and it also has a much better pool. And it's relatively close to Fantasia Mini-Golf, too. And it even offers room service, which most resorts don't offer right now.

Yacht Club! We stayed at the Contemporary and Poly when the kids were younger but have stated at YC or BC since they were about 8. They love it and don’t want to stay anywhere else and I love being able to walk to HS and Epcot,

Reactions: TJA
Stayed at both resorts, but it sounds like resort location is important in your case.
YC sounds ideal
Time to walk varies by the pace, but, if I recall right as I don't look at my watch a lot, we do it between 20-30 minutes

I'd definitely say if HS is your main park that YC is the best fit for you. It takes us about 20 minutes to walk there. We actually just returned from a recent split-stay at CR and YC (we love walking to parks!). We left YC each morning around 9am-ish and were inside HS in line at Slinky Dog by 9:30/9:40. We had no problem getting our Boarding Group for RotR while in line for rides.

How long of a walk is it from YC to HS?

It depends on how fast/slow a pace you decide to set for yourselves. DH & I have done it in 15-we're good walkers & don't have kids/strollers/etc w/ us. It usually takes us longer on the trip back to YC LOL.

Another vote for YC, with two exceptions - 1. If you won’t be using the pool for some reason, and 2. If you are the type of family who will be making a return trip and staying in a deluxe resort again soon. I think the older your son gets, the more he will appreciate YC, so if it’s a bucket list thing to stay at Contempo, go for it now. Otherwise, SAB wins my vote every time!

And we love the CR- it’s where we have stayed for the past 2 trips 😊

We love yacht club!! We’ve stayed at BLT too and I do love it and walking to MK, but I’d pass that up for the atmosphere, pool and double park access yacht club offers

YC would be my choice as well. Love the CR but you can’t beat the walking to HS and Epcot, not to mention all the dining choices!! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter