Contemporary or Riviera?

doleddanielle

Mouseketeer
I currently have a TPV room at the Contemporary booked for my upcoming March trip. It will be just my boyfriend and me. Staying at a monorail resort is a bucket list trip of mine and I had hoped that the Epcot monorail would be back up and running with the return of park hopper. However, the Epcot monorail is suspended indefinitely and I’m not sure if it would be running for our trip in a couple of months. But, the option of resort-hopping around the monorail loop intrigues me as we can grab food from the Poly and the GF. I booked TPV hoping fireworks would return as well in some capacity, but I also just love to sit on the balcony with my breakfast and coffee and have a nice view. The convenience of walking to/from MK seems great as well.

I’m thinking of holding out for any announcements closer to my date, but my ultimate favorite resort is the Riviera and I wouldn’t want to miss out on a room there if I end up not happy with the lack of offerings from the Contemporary. We’ve stayed there twice now and have gotten lucky with pixie dust upgraded rooms both times. We also love the skyliner and the ease of just hopping on and going to/from Epcot. We go to all parks but with the return of park hopper, we’ll probably go to Epcot every afternoon/night and use our current Epcot reservation for elsewhere.

With all of that in mind, my question is: Should I keep TPV at the Contemporary or book the Riviera for $50 more for a deluxe studio with a preferred view? We’ve never stayed at the Contemporary and my parents stayed there many years ago so any input is appreciated!

I currently have a TPV room at the Contemporary booked for my upcoming March trip. It will be just my boyfriend and me. Staying at a monorail resort is a bucket list trip of mine and I had hoped that the Epcot monorail would be back up and running with the return of park hopper. However, the Epcot monorail is suspended indefinitely and I’m not sure if it would be running for our trip in a couple of months. But, the option of resort-hopping around the monorail loop intrigues me as we can grab food from the Poly and the GF. I booked TPV hoping fireworks would return as well in some capacity, but I also just love to sit on the balcony with my breakfast and coffee and have a nice view. The convenience of walking to/from MK seems great as well.

I’m thinking of holding out for any announcements closer to my date, but my ultimate favorite resort is the Riviera and I wouldn’t want to miss out on a room there if I end up not happy with the lack of offerings from the Contemporary. We’ve stayed there twice now and have gotten lucky with pixie dust upgraded rooms both times. We also love the skyliner and the ease of just hopping on and going to/from Epcot. We go to all parks but with the return of park hopper, we’ll probably go to Epcot every afternoon/night and use our current Epcot reservation for elsewhere.

With all of that in mind, my question is: Should I keep TPV at the Contemporary or book the Riviera for $50 more for a deluxe studio with a preferred view? We’ve never stayed at the Contemporary and my parents stayed there many years ago so any input is appreciated!
You should do the contemporary if you’ve never stayed there before. It’s a great resort and you can’t beat walking to magic

If it were me I would book contemporary.. in case you book Riviera and don't get the same upgrade it may be disappointing vs just a new experience at a new resort.

If you plan on going to EP every afternoon/evening, I would switch to RIV. I would wait on CR until you are sure the perks of the EP monorail and MK fireworks are back.

If you don’t see yourself doing the contemporary again, I would hold off for the two bonuses that are normally there, fireworks and the Epcot monorail......as long as you are sure you wouldn’t be bummed with no pixie dust at the riviera....

But I mean, if this price is a DEAL, then I would go for the contemporary, because you can still get some of the fun AND save money.....

Gosh, as much as I love love love Riviera, in your situation I would stay with the Contemporary. I also have never stayed there before but the resort hopping via monorail and the walking distance to MK are definitely attractive. It could also kind of be a "preview stay" for future trips. You may decide to return if you enjoy the experience even without the EPCOT monorail and the fireworks. On the other hand if you have a poor experience then you can decide if it is worth it to return in the future when the EPCOT monorail and the fireworks are back in action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter