Contemporary or Polynesian for May 2021?

Mr. X

Mouseketeer
IF you had the choice of either staying in a Deluxe Studio Villa at the Polynesian OR a Standard Room (sleeps 5) in the Contemporary tower which would you choose?

Leaning towards the Polynesian right now (yes aware of construction)

CR Tower room for the sleeping configuration of 2 Queen beds and a day bed for the 5th. Poly Deluxe Studio for the 2 bathing options.

Note: The CR Tower will also be under construction as the tower rooms are scheduled to begin refurbishment in April.

Dave

I cancelled a stay at Poly in March—the construction keeps escalating and would be too disruptive for us to really enjoy the trip—Poly is all about ambiance, and scaffolding, construction at the pool splash pad, makeshift lobby in Pago Pago, and construction noise all detract from the serene tropical atmosphere. And resort dining options are still quite limited—no Ohana, no Oasis grill, no Trader Sam’s. Hope they get back to normal soon

Judging website availbility isn’t full-proof in terms of telling us what is going on with renovations, but at the moment....

Tower - Theme Park View - Can't book 4/4+
Tower-Lake View - Can't book 5/16+

I have a high tolerance for construction inconveniences, but that sort of ‘mass-unavailability’ at CR could imply some pretty heavy multi-floor work going on in the tower, not the typical “floor at a time” Disney renovation method where impacts can be minimized. Maybe I’m chasing a ghost with my concern, but I sure would like to know more about what the tower guest experience will be like in May as I have questions at the moment.

I agree with your concerns about the CR Tower. It really depends on what they have scheduled for the reimagining of the guest rooms. If it is just a light change to the Incredibles theme and soft goods update it could be quite and one floor at a time.

But those bathrooms really need an update and those sinks are past time for an update. If that's what is on the schedule then it may be like the WL work and the rooms might be stripped to the studs and rebuilt. This would be quite loud due to the A-Frame acoustics.

Dave

IF you had the choice of either staying in a Deluxe Studio Villa at the Polynesian OR a Standard Room (sleeps 5) in the Contemporary tower which would you choose?

Leaning towards the Polynesian right now (yes aware of construction)
Actually. It’s not just the room right? It’s the atmosphere. And the resorts are apples and oranges. Hmmm. I’m no help... or maybe I am with saying what I did... but probably not. 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

I agree with your concerns about the CR Tower. It really depends on what they have scheduled for the reimagining of the guest rooms. If it is just a light change to the Incredibles theme and soft goods update it could be quite and one floor at a time.

But those bathrooms really need an update and those sinks are past time for an update. If that's what is on the schedule then it may be like the WL work and the rooms might be stripped to the studs and rebuilt. This would be quite loud due to the A-Frame acoustics.

Dave
Are they doing full updates to the room or just sprucing up? The bathrooms are the main reason I won't stay there again. Just not enough storage for me.

One of my friends just got back from a stay at the Contemporary and he stayed in the Garden Wing. Said he wasn’t sure about it at first but loved it. The GW doesn’t have the “excitement” of the tower but still close to everything and super quiet at night. I think he said there’s a covered walkway to the main building. Didn’t use the pool but said in the summer you can be steps away. Definitely a way to save money so I might consider it for my next WDW stay

I would go Poly. Never been a big fan of the vibe at contemporary. Just never screamed “vacation” to me! But the Poly seems fun and laid back. I would stay there instead even with construction inconveniences.

Same dilemma.

How is Poly without monorail and other construction?

I’m not sure which to choose either.

Same dilemma.

How is Poly without monorail and other construction?

I’m not sure which to choose either.

I’ve been reading stories from recent visits and it sounds like the absence of the monorail is not much of an inconvinience since you can walk to the TTC to catch it or hop on a bus; not to mention you can also take the boat (stops at GF too) as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter