Contemporary Garden Wing. What are your thoughts? How long of a walk to MK?

SinCityMMAFan

DIS Veteran
So I recently decided to splurge a bit for our May 2019 trip and just upgraded from Pop Century to the Contemporary Garden Wing (Standard View). Has anyone recently stayed in the garden wing of the contemporary? If so what was your opinion of it? I've heard many good things about it being quieter than the main tower and the rooms are identical to the ones in the main tower as well. Only downfall is a little bit of a walk to the main building and to the MK. Speaking of walks to the MK...how long is the walk from the rooms in the garden wing to the MK front gates? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

If you read trip advisor, many reviews say the rooms are dated and worn. I’m not sure if that’s true or not universally, the walk could it be more than an extra few minutes.

We usually stay in the tower, but depending on which end of the garden wing you’re on, it’s about a 5 minute walk to the tower. From the lobby of the CR, it’s about a 10 minute walk to the MK.

It’s still a much closer walk than getting there from POP :-)

We usually stay in the tower, but depending on which end of the garden wing you’re on, it’s about a 5 minute walk to the tower. From the lobby of the CR, it’s about a 10 minute walk to the MK.

It’s still a much closer walk than getting there from POP :-)

Thank you and yes it certainly is closer then Pop. I've stayed at Pop in 2017 and liked the resort but transportation can be a nightmare especially when leaving the park at closing. I much rather hop on the monorail, boat, or just walk back to the room.

If you read trip advisor, many reviews say the rooms are dated and worn. I’m not sure if that’s true or not universally, the walk could it be more than an extra few minutes.

Thank you. I will check those out. It just didn't make much sense for us to pay the $180 more per night they wanted for a bay lake view in the main tower. We're gonna be out and about all day and not in the room very much just wanted something close to the MK that park where we are spending most of our time at.

The walk is about 10 to 15 minutes.

Thank you.

I actually prefer the garden wing to the tower. It's quieter and a short walk to everything the tower has to offer. You also won't have to deal with the very congested tower elevators which can certainly delay getting anywhere. From the garden wing, you simply walk through the lobby and to the path of MK. No elevators to wait for or contend with.

I actually prefer the garden wing to the tower. It's quieter and a short walk to everything the tower has to offer. You also won't have to deal with the very congested tower elevators which can certainly delay getting anywhere. From the garden wing, you simply walk through the lobby and to the path of MK. No elevators to wait for or contend with.

Thanks. Didn't even think about the elevator situation. I'm guessing that can get really congested at certain times. Did you have a ground floor room when you stayed in the garden wing? I've heard people saying they recommend the ground floor units.

Thanks. Didn't even think about the elevator situation. I'm guessing that can get really congested at certain times. Did you have a ground floor room when you stayed in the garden wing? I've heard people saying they recommend the ground floor units.

We were actually on the second floor so had a window that opened up, but, of course, no balcony. It was still lovely. We could see the monorails very quietly going by. If we stay there again I would probably request first floor, but I really didn't mind the second floor!

We were actually on the second floor so had a window that opened up, but, of course, no balcony. It was still lovely. We could see the monorails very quietly going by. If we stay there again I would probably request first floor, but I really didn't mind the second floor!

Thanks again...sounds wonderful!

Have stayed at CR 3x. 2 times in the GW and once in the tower. We actually prefer the GW. The walk to MK is no biggie at all. Enjoy!

Have stayed at CR 3x. 2 times in the GW and once in the tower. We actually prefer the GW. The walk to MK is no biggie at all. Enjoy!

Thank you. Heard mostly positive feedback from the garden wing rooms. Looking forward to staying there in May. For the price compared to other deluxe resorts it seemed like a really good deal so we decided to give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter