Contemporary Garden Wing Rooms

Mom2Kids2003

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary Garden Wing rooms? We are going back and forth between there and AKL? We've stayed at AKL many times but never the Contemporary. If you've stayed in the garden wing rooms, how long was your walk to the main building? Did you request first floor since those are the only rooms with outdoor space and how did you put in the request? How was noise level? Thanks so much!!

I just read a review that said that although the bottom floor has the nice patio they could hear kids above them stomping about? Has anyone else had this experience?

Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary Garden Wing rooms? We are going back and forth between there and AKL? We've stayed at AKL many times but never the Contemporary. If you've stayed in the garden wing rooms, how long was your walk to the main building? Did you request first floor since those are the only rooms with outdoor space and how did you put in the request? How was noise level? Thanks so much!!
We stayed at CR Garden Wing once and loved it. It is much quieter than the Tower, and the rooms are exactly the same as those in the Tower. We requested a first-floor room because we went with my mother, who was using an ECV. We didn't use (or miss) the outdoor space as we traveled during a bitter cold snap in January. It takes 1 minute max to walk from the entrance of the Garden Wing to the entrance of the Tower. The actual time from your room in the Garden Wing to the Tower lobby will vary based on your room location, just as your particular room to lobby time will vary at any other resort.

I just read a review that said that although the bottom floor has the nice patio they could hear kids above them stomping about? Has anyone else had this experience?
No. We stayed on the first floor and heard no noise while we were in the room. The Tower lobby is what's loud. Think about it: you could get a random experience of any kind of above-you noise in any hotel in which you are not on the top floor.

Last edited:

We loved it. We requested first floor facing east and had a great view of the lake. Very quiet and great not having to worry about an elevator with our stroller.

Garden Wing was one of the quietest hotel experiences I ever had. As for rooms, the only request I had was first floor as my father was using an ECV. I did ask they we be located close to them. We ended up with two connecting rooms a little bit past the "halfway" point/turn of the wing. I would say that from my room to the tower, it was about a 3 minute walk.

we stayed there some years ago (after the remodel) - we were at the VERY far end of the garden wing- It IS a pretty long walk- nothing horrible beginning/ end of day- but a pain in the neck running to refill a soda mug....again- we were in the VERY LAST ROOM.....still loved it. very nice rooms - great view of the water.

we stayed there some years ago (after the remodel) - we were at the VERY far end of the garden wing- It IS a pretty long walk- nothing horrible beginning/ end of day- but a pain in the neck running to refill a soda mug....again- we were in the VERY LAST ROOM.....still loved it. very nice rooms - great view of the water.

Yes, that would be a bit of hike. We were about halfway (just past the main double door entrance to the parking lot). It wasn't a bad walk, but I did go use the mug and food several times and I did get my exercise in!!

We love the garden wing and to be honest we like it even more then the tower. The walk is really not a big deal so don’t let that deter you. I always request top floor anywhere I go because I don’t like hearing people above me AND I’m not a fan of wondering if any creepy crawlies hopped, walked or slithered in when the patio door was open....have a great trip!

Before our DVC purchase, we stayed in the garden wing(s) - used to be two of them pre-BLT! - many times. After a long day it was much quieter than the always-bustling tower and a nice refreshing breather. The price difference can often be substantial as well. The CR location can’t be beat IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter