Contemporary Garden Wing Refurbishment

Hi all, we just arrived and are in freshly remodeled room in the garden wing. Parts are still curtained off due to construction but no obvious construction where we are 😊

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your vacation. It must be nice to be the first one in a brand new room. 😀

Any idea how long the refurbishments will last? We are thinking of a trip in the fall.

Any idea how long the refurbishments will last? We are thinking of a trip in the fall.
We are here now and my parents are in the newly renovated garden wing (we got moved to the tower) so we got a really good look at the renovations both from inside the garden wing and from our balcony. It looks like two of the buildings are mostly finished and they are now just working on the one closest to the parking lot/main building. Can’t really get a good look inside the rooms but this is what I can see from the outside. I think they are getting through them pretty quickly.

Attachments

• 062A5DC8-245C-442E-A0B5-116B9A971526.jpeg
    062A5DC8-245C-442E-A0B5-116B9A971526.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 73
  • F10C0FF4-A500-4F30-AB27-5399698B2860.jpeg
    F10C0FF4-A500-4F30-AB27-5399698B2860.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 71

Hi all, has anyone stayed this week in the garden wing rooms? We're supposed to check into a deluxe garden wing room tomorrow so wondering if it will be available.
Anyone have any pictures??

Hi all, has anyone stayed this week in the garden wing rooms? We're supposed to check into a deluxe garden wing room tomorrow so wondering if it will be available.
Most of the garden wing rooms are available now. The only ones that aren’t available are in the section closest to the main building. The new rooms are nice and look identical to the rooms in the tower (with the exception of the shower which does not have a tub) and no balconies on the second and third floors. The laundry room is still being renovated so if you have to do any laundry you will need to head over to Bay Lake Towers. They were testing the fire alarms a few days ago so that was fun. We did have an issue with the new shower leaking, but for the most part, it’s fine.

How did things turn out for you with the deluxe room? We’re arriving soon and have the same questions :)

Hope you’re having a great time!

How did things turn out for you with the deluxe room? We’re arriving soon and have the same questions :)

Hope you’re having a great time!

Hi! We actually got super lucky and got upgraded from the Garden wing deluxe room to a 1 bedroom villa in the Bay Lake Tower! It was fantastic. I guess they were still doing construction in the garden wing, and since there are only 3 "deluxe" rooms, they couldn't just move us to another part of the garden building. It didn't look like there was a ton of construction going on over there, but sounds like whatever is happening affected those three rooms.

Most of the garden wing rooms are available now. The only ones that aren’t available are in the section closest to the main building. The new rooms are nice and look identical to the rooms in the tower (with the exception of the shower which does not have a tub) and no balconies on the second and third floors. The laundry room is still being renovated so if you have to do any laundry you will need to head over to Bay Lake Towers. They were testing the fire alarms a few days ago so that was fun. We did have an issue with the new shower leaking, but for the most part, it’s fine.
Incredibles themed?

Any pictures from anyone?? I know it’s the same theme, but it would be nice to see pictures since the rooms were previously a little different layout.

Hi! We actually got super lucky and got upgraded from the Garden wing deluxe room to a 1 bedroom villa in the Bay Lake Tower! It was fantastic. I guess they were still doing construction in the garden wing, and since there are only 3 "deluxe" rooms, they couldn't just move us to another part of the garden building. It didn't look like there was a ton of construction going on over there, but sounds like whatever is happening affected those three rooms.
Ohhhh!!! Thanks for the update. That sounds amazing. I was looking forward to the Deluxe room, and now I can be super excited about that possibility as well!!

Just returned from a garden view room at the CR. I would say the rooms are OK but don't look as though they will last six months!!! The finish of our room was a bit rough round the edges: for example, plug sockets not straight, the runner of the sliding door to the bathroom slightly twisted to fit (although the door worked OK) and the bottoms of the doors just rough saw cut showing on the veneer. It all looks to have been a bit rushed. I find the Incredibles theming tolerable but not exciting: the picture in the bottom of the bedside draw is just confusing if you put your own stuff in there! On the plus side we got a small upgrade to a nice garden view room, although I personally don't consider any room that is shower only, no tub, to be truly de luxe. On the downside, check-in service was chaos. No room was available at 3pm check in time. Having seen some poor unfortunates at the Boardwalk the previous week who were still waiting for their paid for early check-in at 5pm, I was not totally surprised. They found a room at 3.30pm by which time a Florida rain storm was in train. The covered way into the garden wing was blocked off by construction so we opted to get wet. Unfortunately our room would not open!! Housekeeping were in the corridor and let us in. Trekked back to reception who played with the magic band and said all OK and it was true, the door did open! We were transferring from a two week stay at the Caribbean Beach where we had 14 day tickets with Genie+ with one day left on them. I had booked some Lightning Lanes so we went into the Magic Kingdom. Those worked, but when I went to book another MDE asked me to pay for my wife to get Genie+!!! The guest relations team diagnosed that on entry the system had picked up the wrong ticket for my wife, but not apparently for me!!!! We didn't bother to sort out the tickets as we had 7 day tickets to cover the five days at CR and guest relations sorted out lightning lane for what we wanted to do: they were very helpful. Unfortunately, when we returned to CR our room door wouldn't open again. Back to reception, magic bands sorted again. Back to room, door still won't open. Back to reception. They provided back up key cards and came back with us. Nothing worked so the cast member went off to call up maintenance and get a pass key to let us in. The cast member had awful trouble getting the pass key to work as the lighting in the corridor was so dim she couldn't see the lock!! Eventually, by the light of my cellphone torch we got into the room. Maintenance arrived and diagnosed a dud battery in the lock. Of course, Disney hasn't put in new locks and apparently noone has a brief to check the locks actually work before letting guests in! We were not expecting this problem as the week before my daughter had a split stay of one night to try out DVC after which her magic band wouldn't work back in the original resort and we could see cast members also suspected this sort of issue: clearly there is a system problem: or glitch as many cast members called it over the weeks. Had we not been to WDW many times before, we would have found all this less than magical. One cast member described to us an elderly guest in tears in reception because she couldn't get MDE to work for LL bookings! Frankly, at the price of a WDW vacation, MDE and Genie+ are a disgrace as a piece of software design. MDE doesn't even clear the cache on an android phone if you log out and back in again. The interface is clunky and slow.
But all in all, we will I suppose be back again if we continue in good health, etc. The good (mostly) outweighs the bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter