Contemporary bus service

Shannon R

Earning My Ears
My husband, son, and I will be staying at CR this July, it will be our first stay there. I’m wondering what the bus situation is like from CR to AK and HS? Just trying to be prepared and factor it into our plans. Thanks in advance

We were there a week ago, and we had no wait time at all. Everyone was just sitting on the benches when the bus arrived we all stood up and got on the bus.. It went very well.

We were there a week ago, and we had no wait time at all. Everyone was just sitting on the benches when the bus arrived we all stood up and got on the bus.. It went very well.

I guess I’m moreso wondering if CR shares buses with any other resort and if so where does the bus stop first? Did you have any issues with buses being full, etc?

We used the bus to go to animal kingdom and to Hollywood studios, and on those days we did not share a bus with another resort. We had no problems what so ever. The buses were not to full, but I guess that depends on the crowds and the time of year you go to wdw.

You will really enjoy your visit to the cr. It was our first time taking our 4 year granddaughter and she really loved the hotel. In fact that is what she loved most about our trip (lol).

Last edited:
Depends on the week. Right near Christmas, like last week and this, almost no one shares buses. When it's lighter, or they have bus driver shortages, CR shares with Wilderness Lodge sometimes, which is a nuisance.

The CR buses to AK, DHS and Disney Springs usually share with the Wilderness Lodge. The bus will pick up first at WL then CR. You might get a dedicated bus that doesn’t share but that usually only happens in the morning and perhaps other random times.

I thought I remembered seeing CR sharing with WL while we were there in sept but we didn't stay at CR so I didn't pay too much attention through the whole week. Our last trip we stayed at AKL and the bus service left a lot to be desired so we are hoping for a better experience at CR this trip. We are going in the last week of July this year, so it will be crowded Im sure. We are mainly going to be in MK but with Toy story land opening Im sure we will make our way over to HS. Thanks everyone for your input! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter