Contacting Disney about MDE problems?

WhitneyMB

Mouseketeer
There are a lot of people upset about the problems that MDE are causing all of us right now. I tried sending an emailing (politely) expressing my frustration with the situation earlier but the http://disney.go.com/mail/disney/ site is also not working :headache:

I just spoke to someone at Disney and the best contact is guest.services@disneyworld.com, for those of you who may be unsure and not interested in waiting on the phone lines--which (unsurprisingly!) are very busy right now.

I feel like it is important that Disney realizes how much of a pain this is for all their customers, if we ever want them to be motivated to invest in a long term solution to permanently fix their ongoing tech problems.

There are a lot of people upset about the problems that MDE are causing all of us right now. I tried sending an emailing (politely) expressing my frustration with the situation earlier but the http://disney.go.com/mail/disney/ site is also not working :headache:

I just spoke to someone at Disney and the best contact is guest.services@disneyworld.com, for those of you who may be unsure and not interested in waiting on the phone lines--which (unsurprisingly!) are very busy right now.

I feel like it is important that Disney realizes how much of a pain this is for all their customers, if we ever want them to be motivated to invest in a long term solution to permanently fix their ongoing tech problems.
Oh, they realize it. Folks have been complaining about this exact problem since MDE rolled out (I know, we were there then and it broke the very first day). Every few months, they do something, make a change, run an upgrade, etc that screws it up for several weeks. They tweak it, get it working where it limps along for a few more months till they do the same thing again. It happens every.single.time they upgrade or change something. There is no reason to believe they'll ever change the way they are doing things. What incentive do they have to? It's not like someone who wants to book a trip to Disney can go somewhere else to book it. They have a monopoly, which means no reason at all for them to worry about it. Folks will wait it out till it's back working to book the trip they want to make

I mean, sure, you can complain, no harm in it at all. But it ain't gonna make them change a thing

I can just see the IT Dept now - (I have called them (as have others) so many times since this new system was rolled out -
tenor.gif

I totally get the frustration (I'm feeling it too). But I asked in another thread if anyone had experienced MBs not working in the park and no one responded. So I have to say, Disney's customer facing IT is crap, but their backbone, their IT infrastructure is pretty awesome. If you have an FP, it works. You may not be able to see it. You may not be able to change it. But it's there for you. IT is a hard job. Thank you to all who do it.

Back to everyone's regularly scheduled frustration with this week's MDE failure.

Yeah. I didn't want to tie up the phones or take it out on the poor cast members; however, this aspect of their service is AWFUL. I figured I'd just pass along the email address (which some of you might have already known) in case other people were feeling that same way I was.

Also, I feel like I see people complaining all over various message boards, but I'm not sure what percentage are actually expressing their displeasure about this to Disney. As someone above said--it probably won't change anything--but it probably can't hurt if someone wants to send a message.

I'm sure they are well aware what a mess it is. Their IT has been mediocre, at best, since they stood up a web site. The don't pay well for a company so reliant on technology. If you go check out their career site that always have dozens of open jobs for web programmers.

I am just wondering how you know they don't pay well. That would certainly help explain some of the problems but how do you know what theyh pay their IT people?

I agree it is awful. And I think what makes it worse is we are pushed (I feel forced) by Disney to stress & vie for FPs (like hunger games) & to some degree ADRs right when our windows open to be able to ride the coveted rides without long waits. So we’re already at nail biting stage when the clock rings to start making our FPs, then to have the site crash & burn, all the while our precious FPs are being scooped up by the lucky few who have either some how gotten thru the phones to a cm to make their FPs or by some miracle booked theirs before the site imploded. And then the rest of us poor unfortunate souls have officially transitioned to screaming at the computer, raging at the Disney Gods, & all around having a nervous breakdown.
I’m pretty sure after my last time with booking, I have PTSD. I am now afraid to book FPs for our next trip. That window opens Nov 14. Hopefully my sanity stays intact. No guarantee though.

I am just wondering how you know they don't pay well. That would certainly help explain some of the problems but how do you know what theyh pay their IT people?
I don't work in IT or know anyone that does and even I know Disney is well-known for their subpar IT pay and terrible treatment of its IT workers (ie hiring foreign replacements and forcing those displaced to train them).

What would be great is if some big, social media hashtag/post about it started trending and blew up. The thing with the emails and calls is that ONLY Disney is seeing them. I'm not saying it would fix anything at all, but companies seem to be slightly more concerned when the outcry is extremely public and visible. I've had one or two instances with other companies where the only way I've gotten a response from them is by tweeting my displeasure publicly at them (literally the ONLY reason I have a Twitter account, lol). One can dream, right? :cloud9: :rotfl:

What would be great is if some big, social media hashtag/post about it started trending and blew up. The thing with the emails and calls is that ONLY Disney is seeing them. I'm not saying it would fix anything at all, but companies seem to be slightly more concerned when the outcry is extremely public and visible. I've had one or two instances with other companies where the only way I've gotten a response from them is by tweeting my displeasure publicly at them (literally the ONLY reason I have a Twitter account, lol). One can dream, right? :cloud9: :rotfl:

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd don't really want to "hurt" Disney (I love Disney!), but it does feel like they've set up a situation which creates stress for all of us and then they don't take the problems seriously. I wouldn't mind seeing a hashtag trending #fixDisneyMDE :rolleyes:

I'd don't really want to "hurt" Disney (I love Disney!)

This is the problem. Disney, like every other corporation, doesn’t care one iota about you. (Harsh, but true.) They can dress it up in magic and fuzzy nostalgia, but they care about one thing: your money. If this is affecting your trip, be vocal about it. Don’t feel bad for the multibillion-dollar corporation. Your dissatisfaction isn’t going to hurt their feelings.

I live in Silicon Valley with a husband who works in a well known company and jeeeeeeez this app has more problems than they really should! And the lack of notification about any problems is a problem. Most huge companies get to social media to let their customers know they are addressing the problem. Like someone else said, Disney has enough money and monopoly to just not care that much. Just patch, patch, patch. I'm sure programmers cry when they look at the codebase.

Yeah, you're probably right. I'd don't really want to "hurt" Disney (I love Disney!), but it does feel like they've set up a situation which creates stress for all of us and then they don't take the problems seriously. I wouldn't mind seeing a hashtag trending #fixDisneyMDE :rolleyes:

Yeah, it wouldn't really 'hurt' them. They are entirely driven by the bottom line though, and I feel like this whole MDE debacle is worthy of some public shaming if you will, lol. Sad as it is, often that's how change is effected these days. Companies don't care that they're doing something wrong, but once they take a hit in the public eye and start getting very visible bad press, well, then it's time to change b/c that could actually hurt them (their bottom line) to some degree. I guess it's one of the actual benefits of the interwebz, although still not as good as having readily accessible cat videos :cat: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter