Contact lenses and water parks?

Yes, that's what I was going off of....and I thank you so much for posting that, as I had also been wondering. :) And since I have no interest (bad past experience with a swim suit malfunction, LOL) in going on Humunga Kowabunga, I should be good to go.

I wear gas perms and have since I was 13. I have worn them in both WDW water parks. I refuse to stumble around missing all the visual sights. I do have a spare pair that I always take on trips (luckily I've never needed them), and I always wear sunglasses unless an attendant makes me remove them (that only happens on a couple of slides). The sunglasses help with splashes directly to the eye. I'm not really an underwater swimmer, so if I know I'm going under briefly, like coming off a slide, I shut my eyes tight and open them slowly once I surface like others have mentioned. If I need a snorkeling mask for anything, I try to take my own - I know it doesn't leak. I was born with cataracts and do not have artificial lenses, so I can't focus at all without the contacts. I don't even have current glasses because contacts are the only way I have any peripheral vision, so it's either wear my contacts or go blind. It's a no brainer for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter