Considering reconsidering my ressies?!?!?

liv luvs disney

DIS Veteran
As of today, I have ressies for Pop in September due to the free dining. I am planning on staying at FW in January 2010 with my parents in their camper. However, the more I read on here, the more I want to stay at FW in September (and January) and forget about free dining! It is $888 for us to stay at Pop in September and take advantage of FD. I had to purchase 1 day tix in order to get FD. It will be roughly $430 for a campsite X 2 trips = $860. Get the picture? I know the food at WDW is expensive and I am sure we will eat out a time or two, but $400 worth - though I am sure it's possible! With the camper, there would be no problem eating 2 meals in the camper and perhaps just 1 meal in the parks. If I can get 2 trips for the price of one or even if it's a little more, that would be okay! I know you can't put a price tag on the experience of a "camping trip", but I do want to be wise with my money. So, I am thinking it is still a better savings to camp both trips.
If I decide to camp instead of staying at Pop, would I need to just cancel my current ressies or "convert". Will WDW reimburse me the difference? I don't want to make my January 2010 ressies yet because we're not certain which dates are best for us at this time.
Want to add that my parents will pull the camper to Orlando for us (they live about 2 hours north of Orlando) and we will pay to stay there, so we would not be out that expense. Also, I am not considering tix because they are going to be the same price no matter where we stay.
I hope I have not confused anyone. I hope this is clear enough to get some advice.:)

I think I'd be all over this. Plan some meals ahead of time that are simple. I've read where a lot of people precook then freeze the meals and when they are ready thaw them out and warm em up. Some of the things I've done is tacos, chili, pot roast and cassaroles are good too.

Good luck and have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter