Considering buying resale but have some questions...

boardwalkbride729

Mouseketeer
we bought direct but are still within our 10 day window and are now considering buying resale instead.
Our first concern is getting scammed, how can we know that the resale sellers are legit?

Also I know you can't use resale points towards certain things. Other than the cruises, what else can you not use resale points for?

As for buying resale, which resale sites would you recommend and what tips do you have?

There are 4 or 5 brokers that are used frequently. I've used the top 2 and would easily recommend either of them. The 3rd one is newer to the market but is also legitimate however I have not used them.
http://www.dvc-resales.com/dvclisting.cfm
https://www.dvcbyresale.com/
http://www.dvcresalemarket.com/?gclid=CK3u9P-Z3ckCFYs2gQodC9MEDQ

Resale points are restricted from booking the Disney Collection (Disney hotel rooms, Adventures by Disney and Disney cruises) and Concierge Collection but can still be used for the World Collection which includes RCI and Buena Vista Trading Co. The restricted options generally require a lot of points and you are often better off just renting out your points and paying cash for them anyway so it's not a loss IMO.

We bought our resale contract from The Timeshare Store (a board sponsor) and had no complaints. They are well-versed in dealing with DVC which is very important when buying a resale.

We bought from the newer to the market store and have had nothing but a great experience. Our first offer from a different site was ROFR'd on and this one passed in 6 days. (It was a better deal)

While I've known others are still waiting on their Estoppel, I received mine in less than 2 weeks. Closing paperwork was emailed the same day, I sent the cashiers check and paperwork that day as well. Just waiting for it to be recorded now. We saved a ton of money.

Cancel why you can and work out the resale details later. There are thousands of contracts sold on the resale market and we own several and also sold some.

:earsboy: Bill

We were also concerned when we bought a year ago. As already noted the major DVC brokers mentioned are all reputable and to the best of my knowledge none of them actually touch your money. That is actually handled by the closing company which is a licensed company or an attorney who completes all the title work.

We bought our BCV contract resale using the board sponsor, the Timeshare Store. We used financing through Monera Financial. Great company, no credit check but requires auto debit from your acct, they only deal with DVC.

Most on the boards recommend not financing. It suits our purposes because of the way our finances are situated. We could pay cash, but our bigger investments aren't readily liquid. Much cheaper in the long term for us to temporarily finance than to liquidate. When all is said and done, the cost to finance is a minor concern for us.

Monera was very easy to use. I kept calling to ask if I needed to do something else. "No, we got this."

We bought our BCV contract resale using the board sponsor, the Timeshare Store. We used financing through Monera Financial. Great company, no credit check but requires auto debit from your acct, they only deal with DVC.

Most on the boards recommend not financing. It suits our purposes because of the way our finances are situated. We could pay cash, but our bigger investments aren't readily liquid. Much cheaper in the long term for us to temporarily finance than to liquidate. When all is said and done, the cost to finance is a minor concern for us.

Monera was very easy to use. I kept calling to ask if I needed to do something else. "No, we got this."

That is very helpful because we would need to finance as well and thats one thing I was still unsure of is how you go about doing that for resale.

we bought re-sale with the newer company and had no issues, it just took ages as it was an extremely busy time of year for DVC. You pay an initial deposit and then don't pay the final paperwork is all complete, this is done through a closing company.

No you can't use resale points for a cruise but what many people do is rent out the points and then take that cash to help fund the cruise. I am not sure if they have a DVC discount on cruises if paying cash. Someone else might be able to answer that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter