Considering a 4 resort split stay, anyone done this?

Megara5115

DIS Veteran
So we are already planning a 3 resort split stay for April/May (we have done a 2 and 3 already with no issue) but I am considering maybe a 4 resort split stay. It would be:
2 nights Beach Club
2 nights Pop
2 nights AKL
4 night GF

My reasoning is that my husband is arriving a day later and also picking up the rental car when his flight gets in. It will be me and DS 2 and DS 12 until then. I am thinking BC will be easier to walk to Epcot and walk to my parents who are staying at Boardwalk. Our plan park-wise is flexible the first couple days. The alternative is 4 nights at POFQ to begin. Mostly my concern is transporting stroller etc. via bus by myself (although I know DS 12 will be a big help, I just don't want to be stressed).

Curious is anyone has done such short intervals with a split stay. Thank you! Honest feedback and experiences much appreciated.

Yeah, I am thinking it may just be a bit too much. 4-2-4 in resorts is fine with us, but I am worried 2-2-2-4 will be too much packing up

I think that 4-2-4 is much easier. If you're packing up and moving every 2 days not only is it a pain but also takes time away from the parks.

I have a 4 resort in 6 nights stay next week. You have the 4 night stay at the end where you can settle in and relax. Plan you days accordingly and resort hopping can be fun!

It's no pain for us. We do short split stays often. Granted, I don't have a little one to deal with but I'm not sure I'd let that stop me even if I did.
I'm doing 4 resorts in 7 nights over NYE
2 nights at POFQ
1 night at CR
1 night at BWI
3 nights at POFQ

I did a four-hotel split stay last spring, but I had at least three nights at each of them. Usually I prefer at least three nights at each place.

For your 10 night stay, I would probably cut it down to 3 resorts . 3/3/4 would be great. 2 days or less at a resort seems very short and rushed. Not enough time to enjoy the resorts imho .
I would do 3 at POFQ (or POR would be nice too) , then 3 at AKL , then the last 4 at GF .
POFQ(POR) is VERY close to Epcot, MK and Studios , do AK when you are at AKL , Focus on MK when you are at GF, and maybe take the Mono to Epcot too for a day .

We have done a 5 resort split one time, but it was spread over about 2 weeks if I remember. It was a big family trip , and everyone wanted to jump around and try different resorts .
We did 2 Poly DVC studios for, I think 3 nights, 1 2bdrm at BLT for another 3 nights . Then we hauled it up to Disneys Hilton Head resort for a few days in a 2bdrm (YES, a SC split !), then back to Orlando and stayed at Hilton Grand Sea World 2 bedroom for a few days for Discovery cove and Sea World , then back to WDW for a 2 bdrm at Beach Club for 2 nights before getting on ME back to the airport home.
Whew ...........sounds exhausting, but it was a great trip looking back at it . Everyone had a great time . The drive up to SC was about 5 hours, but other than that, it was pretty easy. The moves were easy because we had a Suburban rental SUV, and our kids are grown, so they take care of their own stuff .
Blew through a LOT of DVC points that year ! (purchased 2 FULLY loaded DVC resale contracts, and put the "free points" to good use ! ) :thumbsup2

Our "normal" is a 2 resort split almost every trip . Sometimes 3. Lately we have been favoring 2 resort split MAX , and narrowing down to just staying put at 1 resort lately as we have stayed at almost every WDW resort anyway.

Last edited:
We have done 3, and 4 night resort hop stays, but never just 2. With a 2yo, I would be really hesistant to do that many 2 night stays and be homeless just when a nap in bed was needed.

Hi! What is the reason for the stay at Pop? Cost savings? I completely agree stating on the boardwalk would be easier without your hubby but I’d opt to stay at the same hotel as your parents. Is it possible to do 2/4/4 or 3/3/4?

Hi! What is the reason for the stay at Pop? Cost savings? I completely agree stating on the boardwalk would be easier without your hubby but I’d opt to stay at the same hotel as your parents. Is it possible to do 2/4/4 or 3/3/4?
Thank you, yes it is for the cost savings... basically to balance out the cost for beach club. I should have mentioned that Akl and GF are on dvc points so I can't move those. Maybe I will wait and see what the discounts are because I would definitely like to be at either Boardwalk or Beach club for four nights instead of two.

Thank you all very much for the feedback, I may just pay the extra to do 4 nights at Beach Club or Boardwalk. I think with the two year old it may be a bit much, for adults and 12 year old only we could probably do the four resorts :goodvibes

Thank you all again!!!

As a previous poster said, since there is a good gap of time between check out and check in, it leaves many days of your vacation with no place to hang out or refresh, so that wouldn't appeal to me, personally. I don't go on vacation to constantly be having to repack and unpack, but that's just me, of course. I definitely see the appeal of a 2 resort split stay, but that would be my limit.

As a previous poster said, since there is a good gap of time between check out and check in, it leaves many days of your vacation with no place to hang out or refresh, so that wouldn't appeal to me, personally. I don't go on vacation to constantly be having to repack and unpack, but that's just me, of course. I definitely see the appeal of a 2 resort split stay, but that would be my limit.
The park. You hang out in one of their 4 wonderfully full of attraction theme parks ;)
It's often not hard to fill the time between 11:00 and 3:00 in the theme parks. Especially if you add in a TS meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter